TMP IRON MAN - New Photos Feb 2011. Page 72.

Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. NEW MAY PHOTOS NEW HELMET & LEGS PAGE 92.

Lovely. What will Gen III have tha the first two didn't?

This may have been adressed, but I don't want to go through 102 pages to find out, What do the shoulder bells attach to?

Lovely. What will Gen III have tha the first two didn't?

This may have been adressed, but I don't want to go through 102 pages to find out, What do the shoulder bells attach to?

Its allot more accurate than the previouse versions.... The GEN3 is resculpted from scratch. The entire armor is reneewed.
The previouse was made prior to the cinematic release, so little reffrence was availible. But still very proud of the older versions because they consist of custom ideas fuzed with the moive design. I personally think the older ones got very good personality and are in them self original art since all are unique and all a bit different since the older suits was under constant changes.

But we could not change the older sculpts into the movie design without shelling our 3 times as much.... Then we decided we wanted to do the brand new one and start all over.... PUHH... its been a roolercoaster.

The shoulders atach to straps and buckles.

Last edited:
Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. New update July 2009 page 102. New armor sculpt GEN3.

The new sculpt looks incredible, but I do agree the previous versions are their own works of art like you mentioned. After all, in the comic books Tony Stark has many, many different looking suits all painted in the same red/brass colors.

Re: Iron Man Costume. TMP. New update July 2009 page 102. New armor sculpt GEN3.

WOW TMP you inspired my to go all out on my Iron Man costume. I dont know if you seen it yet but it called the Iron Man Heavy Artillery Armor. Take a look

za.jpg

zc.jpg

I really dont know how to mold or do any plastic stuff yet so its all made out of cardboard, foam board and fiberglass

Glad to see you're restarting the suit. While an amazing piece, the first suit did have some accuracy issues, mostly overshadowed by the fact that you actually managed to complete the thing, and before the movie was even released!

Can't wait to see what the new one will look like, especially with all the reference material we've got available now. :D

Madness! Looks great!!

Here is a little update on the NEW Generation 3 Ironman sculp:

ironmanjuly002.jpg

ironmanjuly001.jpg

• The chest is just about to get sculpted then the back will follow.
  • The helmet you se is the Version 8 and will be the final... I said that 7 times before i think.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sleek, streamlined just how it should be, nice work! :thumbsup

im really pleased to see this, I was really impressed with your first attempt but this is really a testament to your dedication and perserverance. very much looking forward to seeing it finished.

I am very excited to see yet more fantastic work from you. I really can't wait to see this more streamlined accurate version complete.:love:thumbsup

Its allot more accurate than the previouse versions....

I wish I could have waited (because it's Beautiful!) but I'm not unhappy I didn't. :) It's taken me a couple of months, and I'm still not done. I've got a fire lit under me now, so it's going to be done in less than 30 days now. And I still owe a few images.

who says that suit is CG? He wore more than that of the MKIII in the first movie. The only reason he was not wearing more in the "Donut Pics" is that he would not have been able to sit like he was.

who says that suit is CG? He wore more than that of the MKIII in the first movie. The only reason he was not wearing more in the "Donut Pics" is that he would not have been able to sit like he was.

It's CG. Trust me. You can tell because it self intersects in several places.

Here; I thought the arm on the right looked strange. It seems to have squashed the chest piece.
IM01.jpg

Then I looked closer and noticed this hip piece.
IM02.jpg
http://syndime.com/RPF/IM02.jpg

It's pretty good and the processing on the rest of the image helps to camouflage the CG, but it is CG.

Thanks for the pics. The will use allot of CG on the suit. this is because he can act more witout the arms and the legs, allot better movement regardless. Anyway the concept is intresting but i am unsure if i like it. I also got a feeling we will not se this design that much and they are saving up for the ultimate suit later on like a gift for the audience. I belive what we will se and will be the most interesting suit is the War Machine.

Anyway do you have a high resolution picture of the cover. Entire front pic. Is there more pics of the lower legs somewere in the magazine?

Did you guys see the cover to the new Entertainment Weekly?
Downey's "wearing" the CG suit, but it might be useful reference.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/41715

We are not going for this design on the version we are making now. This is the 1st Ironman movie Mark 2 & 3 design.

What do we know of this new version armor. Is this mark4? or is it called something else what do we know of its features?

I assume it would be Mk 4 yeah, there always were a heck of a lot of Iron Man suits in Tony Starks Hall Of Armour, from what we see here it looks pretty good, I love the MK2 and MK3 designs so I hope it doesn't stray too far from that, War Machine will be ace :thumbsup

I do like how the new suit's hand guards look hinged in the center for greater range of movement when pulling his palm up to fire repulsor blasts.

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back