Titanfall Helmet

akoolpoptart

A friend of mine got me a 3D printed pilot helmet for Christmas and I wanted to dress it up a little. Here are some pics of it so far:

15823113_10202566181151628_88630480514567712_n.jpg15826637_10202580790356849_84385436857102733_n.jpg

I'm currently kit-bashing it with various knick-knacks and planning on a paint job, but I'm having trouble finding a visor. Ski goggles are too small, and the acrylic I got at Home Depot nearly sliced my hand open when I tried to work with it (its also cloudy for some reason). Another friend who is big into prop building suggested acrylic, plexiglass, or a bike visor but he couldn't give me any suggestions outside of "Just look it up on amazon."

Any ideas?

Eatncerealprops probably means PETG, which is a clear thermoplastic that can be formed with heat. It's not bad, you just want to make sure you can get thin enough sheets to really shape properly.

I usually use acylic from my local hobby store, which comes in sheets of varying thicknesses; I would assume the Home Depot stuff would be way too thick to work with reasonably. Something like 2mm sheets would probably be ideal for what you're doing. Grab a heat gun, form it to a slightly tighter curve than what the inside of the helmet follows so you can get the piece in there, then flex it out and glue or screw it into place.

Last edited by a moderator:
I made a hex pattern on my master chief using a removable vinyl decal and satin spray paint, just a thought. Great looking helmet!

Having a hard time getting a visor to fit. I'm using laminate as my trial runs before buying anything and am looking for suggestions. Here is the interior:
unnamed.jpg

Sere Kit:
Data Knife: Used an old computer joystick and a $9 rubber bayonet that I picked up from Evike
Smart Pistol: Base gun is a USP airsoft pistol and added the muzzle of an FN 57 to the front. The railsystem belonged to another airsoft gun that fit over the top of the USP. I used medical tape because I wanted to make it look that it had been used excessively in the field to the point that it has started for fall apart.
14717145_10202826481498974_1058457828392271930_n.jpg

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back