Thundercats Sword/Dagger of Omens

Riiiiigggght. I've been pretty busy of late but there has been progress of a fashion.

uploadfromtaptalk1398947756688.jpg

I made lots!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've also started to clean one up.

uploadfromtaptalk1398947816195.jpg

I removed the hand guards and re-aligned them. Gave the whole lot a bit of a sand and a general once over.

uploadfromtaptalk1398947944339.jpg

And then went and gave the lot a bit if a prime to see how much work needs doing.

uploadfromtaptalk1398948008736.jpg

There doesn't seem to be loads of clean up needed to be fair. After fixing the wonky hand guards that is...

Prepare for picture spam... Commencing in:

... 3.
... 2.

uploadfromtaptalk1398971101911.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398971177513.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398971191968.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398971204038.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398971220260.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398971232105.jpg

... And breathe!

These are all pre-filler and with only a first pass of clean up. I'm through with a fill pass and its ready for another blast of primer to see where we're at.

uploadfromtaptalk1398971337335.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1398971359847.jpg

More next week. I'm hoping to get it painted and finished pretty soon.

Thanks for looking.

Mebbies! I won't have time to clean them up though (baby on the way) so might have to offer rough castings.

I'm curious here guys. This is the first piece I've done on here that people are interested in owning.

How would you more experienced builders go about pricing/what would be a decent price for it.

It's tough to put a value on a project like this and it'd be interesting to hear your thoughts.

They might be waiting to see the finished product and how you handle the "eye".

The cooler the finished product, the more you can charge. Hopefully they speak up.

I guess that makes a lotta sense. Thanks for the advice.

Anyhow here's more stuff and things...

uploadfromtaptalk1399495366279.jpg

Whilst I was busy getting bored sanding I decided to bore out the "eye" of one of the other castings.

uploadfromtaptalk1399495430742.jpg

I managed to find a forstner bit that was about the right size and just went at it... Man there was a lot of material there. I had plastic flakes EVERYWHERE!!!

uploadfromtaptalk1399495506345.jpg

But we gots ourselves a nice hole to work with. Only took about 10 minutes to drill and about 20 to clean up!

This looks great. I would be interested in a rough cast or a finished one. Whichever comes available. Great job so far

Cheers dude. I'll see what happens as I get close to the end...

... On that note; I became a dad this week so things might slow a bit.

Before that happened though I kinda did this:

uploadfromtaptalk1400185777620.jpg

Which led to this...

uploadfromtaptalk1400185811573.jpg

And then these...

uploadfromtaptalk1400185846417.jpg

I may have gotten bored of sanding.

Could have a mould for a full sword soon though so... You know... Bright side n'all that.

I made a bit of sanding and filling progress today and during the tedium I decided to propose this:

Rather than charge for copies of this, seeing as valuing my own work sucks, I figured I would offer it for the swap. If you want a rough copy then PM me with an offer of a swap, preferably something you made.

I'd be offering unfinished, virtually straight from the mould. It'd be nice to get some cool swaps in a similar condition in return.

Anyhow. I've ordered some paints today so could have some more pics by early next week.

This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back