Thread No Longer Active

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Partial Suit Up Pics- 6/09

Thank you IronMan99...

Pep involves way more work... cutting, folding, glueing, resin, fiberglass, bondo, sanding, smoothing, filling, smoothing, etc... priming, painting, etc.

However the way I tackle foam builds is a bit more labor intensive than others simply because I am about as anal retentive as they come. OCD practically.

But in terms of files to use.. if you want Mark 4/6 Paul aka ROBO is your best bet... and if you want Mark 3 stuff.. Dancin Fool is the best in town.

Cheers!

Thanks GJ,You know I thought that pep does involve more work and I just don't have that kind of time to do all those steps lol. However I don't know the first thing about foam builds and I think from the looks of it you need more skills to make it look really good like you have and me being a noob at this I won't be able to pull it off. I do use robo files they are definitely the best I have seen. I have seen others that have not as many folds or lines which seem easier for construction but wasn't sure about the end product. Thanks for the insight though I think I will stick with the pep for now and venture to other mediums once I am not so wet behind the ears on this lol. Keep up the good work though bro I am hooked to see how the rest of the suit turns out its legit.

P.S. Are you making this for any special occassion or just to make it?

Halloween, parties and CONS...

Thanks GJ,You know I thought that pep does involve more work and I just don't have that kind of time to do all those steps lol. However I don't know the first thing about foam builds and I think from the looks of it you need more skills to make it look really good like you have and me being a noob at this I won't be able to pull it off. I do use robo files they are definitely the best I have seen. I have seen others that have not as many folds or lines which seem easier for construction but wasn't sure about the end product. Thanks for the insight though I think I will stick with the pep for now and venture to other mediums once I am not so wet behind the ears on this lol. Keep up the good work though bro I am hooked to see how the rest of the suit turns out its legit.

P.S. Are you making this for any special occassion or just to make it?

Looks great man! And yeah, the magnets are a good idea. This also makes me want to redo my neck piece since mine is too thick and cumbersome

Hey Ironman99 , check out th' Hero Tutorials on YouTube Stealth an some of th' other guys got some cool stuff on em. Jordan, could ya post that links on pep an foam there? I believe there's two parts on it. Didn't mean ta highjack ya thread.

Small update guys... finished the other shoulder bell and bicep. Pictures below.

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

Re: EVA Foam Mark VI Iron Man Build - Both Shoulders and Biceps Done! 6/14

Jordan , I hate freakin McDonald's but I'm lovin it nice work bra. Really like ta see th' shoulder from side & back.

Thanks man.. lol I hate McDonalds too lol... I'll post those other pics soon. I promise.

Thanks vshore... what I really dig about my new suit is the proportions seem to be really good.

Thanks! P.S. since we bumped to a new page I thought I'd post the recent set of pics on this page too.

IMG_2829.jpg

IMG_2831.jpg

IMG_2834.jpg

Your'e almost there! you make me want a foamie now! Seriously. -Delray Keep Building!....

Delray if you do let me hook you up with my supplier... you can't get this thickness anywhere else. I've looked.

Fantastic build and great idea with the magnets...endless talent in these fourms.. :)

Truely a work of art bro,you really outdone yourself this time!!
amazing build!!!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back