Thor: The Dark World - Mjölnir Replica

Crikey, that's ridiculous, I'd rather go whole hog and pay extra for an EFX

Or pay less for this one

The sellers been pretty clever and taken a really nice arty picture of it, man the winner is going to be ****ed :facepalm

I got a disguise one for $12 +shipping to UK

I can't wait for the Lager one to arrive. Might even get rid of my museum replicas one.

The sellers been pretty clever and taken a really nice arty picture of it, man the winner is going to be ****ed :facepalm

I got a disguise one for $12 +shipping to UK

I can't wait for the Lager one to arrive. Might even get rid of my museum replicas one.

I'll probably never get rid of the MR Mjolnir, despite it's flaws it's got some positives going for it. It's also, as far as I can tell, the best quality replica (in terms of materials) of the original Thor movie Mjolnir that I can see

I'm sure there are a few customs out there that have superior details, but all in all I'm happy with MR's.

Something that I haven't been able to find out yet, is this Lager Toys replica an officially licenced item? There's nothing in the box or on the box to state this and it's something that you would expect to see.

I do like how substantial the MR hammer feels :D

I'm pretty sure the lager toys one is in no way associated with Marvel and 100% unofficial. But that's just a guess.

Something that I was thinking of doing is adding leather to the handle, not that there's anything wrong with it right out of the box, but i think it could be easily done.

When you look at the set photos or the actual prop, the handle details vary slightly, and in this case I'm referring specifically to the metal 'rings'

Sometimes they stick out a bit, but on some images they seem to sit flush with the leather handle, so basically not 'ribbed' - so to speak (no jokes, c'mon)

I can't imagine it being difficult, I guess all you'd need to do is make one stencil of one section on the handle and then cut it out as many as are required and glue them into place. I might give it a go but not actually glue it, just get an idea of how it looks, and if it looks the part then make it permanent

As if.................:angel

That sounds like a good plan. i know what you mean about the different handles. Will see what it's like in hand before rushing off to buy leather but it should be a relatively easy mod.

I'm thinking of modding my disguise hammer, clean it up a bit, new paint job, maybe add a better strap. pour some resin inside it to add some weight.

The eFx hammer defo looks like the size I want...I am going ahead with my project to make my own mjolnir...any chance you could do me a massive favor and provide exact dimension of the eFx hammer...so things like handle width, hammer (i.e the rectangular block part) width and height, the length, width and height of the hammer face and extensions and things? That would be amazing! :)

Sorry it took so long, I already had it boxed, packed and stored again when you asked, plus I needed the weekend just to find the time to do this.....Anyways, this is not great, just some quick measurements....Hope it helps.

I've ordered one of these too, based on the in hand photos I've seen its a great value for the money and it'd be nice to finally have a Mjolnir!

Sorry it took so long, I already had it boxed, packed and stored again when you asked, plus I needed the weekend just to find the time to do this.....Anyways, this is not great, just some quick measurements....Hope it helps.

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/logancade_photos/Thor2_zps5d8082de.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/logancade_photos/Thor4_zpscead4176.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/logancade_photos/Thor5_zpse13ededb.jpg

http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee28/logancade_photos/Thor3_zpse37aada4.jpg

AWESOME MATE!! Thanks a bunch this will help me immensely :)

I received mine today and am mostly pleased...

The good: Very nice high quality details, especially on the hammer head. Perfectly molded and painted. Impressed with the leather strap, which is the same quality as the EFX. Nice packaging.

The bad: Not to movie scale. Just a tad smaller. The handle seems significantly smaller, being somewhat shorter but mostly smaller in diameter. Really didn't expect it to be that skinny. The quality of the handle is good. Not real leather as the strap, but not bad.

Overall: On a scale of 1-10 I'd give it a 7. The light weight was expected, but the somewhat smaller scale wasn't. Especially the handle. But, the detailing is quite impressive. And for that reason, I'd put it 2nd on my list of 5 behind the EFX and slightly in front of the Dr Pepper hammer. The Dr Pepper is apparently to exact scale but lacks the superior details of the Lager hammer. Both are about the same weight and same type of hard plastic for the head.

Is it worth the price? Yes.

Received mine today and I'm over the moon, as rocket said it's not exactly massive, but it's very very very VERY good for the money.

I'd say everyone should have one of these in their lives.

Compared to the museum replicas hammer I'd recommend this any day of the week, way more bang for your buck.

As a movie 1:1 prop i'd probably also give it a 7/10 but as a Thor Hammer that won't break the bank and looks amazing while also being cosplay friendly 10/10!

So the scale is slightly shrunken down then, and its hollow plastic?? Is the head itself sturdy, or is the handle something that can be removed and upgraded with a more accurate one? Any way you look at it, its $180ish. That's a lot of coin for hollow plastic.

So the scale is slightly shrunken down then, and its hollow plastic?? Is the head itself sturdy, or is the handle something that can be removed and upgraded with a more accurate one? Any way you look at it, its $180ish. That's a lot of coin for hollow plastic.

Got to respectfully disagree.

It looks AMAZING.

I paid $400 (or $600 i forget) for Museum Replicas metal Thor Hammer, it's metal, it's heavy, but it looks like garbage.

I'd go with one that looks good any day of the week.

It's not a light plastic as with the Disguise hammer. It's a thick, hard and heavy plastic like the Dr Pepper hammer.

Mine arrived in 11 days via standard shipping from KGHobby, its really nice! The handle side a bit light feeling, sure, but the paint and detail is top notch and it doesn't feel flimsy. It looks like metal and leather. It's going to be on display and I'm not planning on knocking down walls with it, so the weight is not really a concern of mine anyway. I'd say its a great value for the money!

iaqUTYp.jpg

Looks like I'm late to the party. Does anyone know if there's one selling for less than $185 anywhere? That's all I can find right now. :(

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back