Thor: The Dark World - Mjölnir Replica

Curious to hear people's first hand impressions. It certainly looks good on pictures but the pricing just seems too good to be true for a quality piece.

Saw on Sideshow Freaks that this hammer's only about 4 lbs, compare that to the eFX hammer of about 18-20 lbs, big difference. I'm guessing this is better suited for costuming than a display piece but if it looks in person as well as it photographs, it's certainly a very decent and very affordable option for collectors, especially if you absolutely have to have the Dark World version.

I wonder though if you can swap the end caps from this to the eFX Avengers hammer :devil Both end caps have 2 screws on the bottom but not sure if the handles have the same girth. Be interesting to see if someone tries that.

Last edited:
For a costume piece, the disguise thor hammer was a decent after a repaint and a new handle.

If this hammer is solid, would plastic and resin weigh 4 lbs?
And, How durable would a metal finish be on a resin cast?

That's probably true. But remember, Museum Replicas gave us pics of a nice hammer too. And we all know how that turned out...

word. i'd be less upset for $100.

I've sent them a facebook message to get one of these. Pretty excited actually.

For $100 it's worth a gamble.

I apid £20 for a cheap plastic Mjolnir from America (that again, in many ways looks better than the museum replicas hammer)

FYI guys,

Been doing some research into this...the eFx hammer is 20lbs contained weight...meaning the package received is 20lbs. I would imagine this is due to the box, packaging and you probably get certificates and things...

I seriously cannot imagine the hammer being 20lbs thats like 9 kg...I have a customer hammer already that weighs 5kg and that is one heavy mother...

Now the net weight of this hammer is 1.5kg (roughly 4.5lbs) so I am guessing it is defo more garnered for cosplay rather than collectors and display...also comparing its dimensions to the efx it is smaller in length and size (efx is actually the only 1:1 scale as it made by the same molds they used on set) so basically this would explain why THIS hammer is so cheap as its smaller and lighter than the efx hammer...

I have as of yet to order mine as I am still mulling it over...(sorry had a change of heart) just trying to determine if its worth the money....I'm on the fence as I dont like the idea of a smaller hammer...I'd rather purchase the efx one or make one for myself that is to exact 1:1 scale...

Oooooo theres an idea ;)

FYI guys,

Been doing some research into this...the eFx hammer is 20lbs contained weight...meaning the package received is 20lbs. I would imagine this is due to the box, packaging and you probably get certificates and things...

I seriously cannot imagine the hammer being 20lbs thats like 9 kg...I have a customer hammer already that weighs 5kg and that is one heavy mother...

Now the net weight of this hammer is 1.5kg (roughly 4.5lbs) so I am guessing it is defo more garnered for cosplay rather than collectors and display...also comparing its dimensions to the efx it is smaller in length and size (efx is actually the only 1:1 scale as it made by the same molds they used on set) so basically this would explain why THIS hammer is so cheap as its smaller and lighter than the efx hammer...

I have as of yet to order mine as I am still mulling it over...(sorry had a change of heart) just trying to determine if its worth the money....I'm on the fence as I dont like the idea of a smaller hammer...I'd rather purchase the efx one or make one for myself that is to exact 1:1 scale...

Oooooo theres an idea ;)

Haha. go man go! I'd actually love to attempt this but got so many other things on the go i'd not get round to it for ages.

Ive emailed them via facebook about 3 days ago, about getting on but as yet to hear back. Dammit i want one, and i want one now.

Haha. go man go! I'd actually love to attempt this but got so many other things on the go i'd not get round to it for ages.

Ive emailed them via facebook about 3 days ago, about getting on but as yet to hear back. Dammit i want one, and i want one now.

I quoted sent them a message about a month ago mate...i dont think they reply...certainly noone ive spoken to has had a replay so dont count your chickens and all that...

Just been pricing up the supplies to try and make one (think I may even go for the current 616 look from Thor: God of Thunder) and it'll be less than purchasing this one...Hmmm decisions...

you got a pic? or should I just google it haha.

I've never had any luck with cardboard.. got a weekend off work so I might give it a bash.

FYI guys,

Oooooo theres an idea ;)

EFX did replicate the hammer from the exact size and dimensions from the Avengers, but didn't the dimensions of the hammer change in the Dark World?

Do you have the exact differences between the EFX and the Lager toys?

I've just used the measurments of my Thor Museum replicas Mjolnir and they match exactly what Lager toys have for their Mjolnir, so i think the only diff is weight, materials and price.

Hope it's good.

I've started modding my Museum replicas hammer, will post a thread.

I've just used the measurments of my Thor Museum replicas Mjolnir and they match exactly what Lager toys have for their Mjolnir, so i think the only diff is weight, materials and price.

Hope it's good.

I've started modding my Museum replicas hammer, will post a thread.

The Lager Toys hammer may not be perfect, but it's the only Dark World hammer being produced other than customs. And if it's anything close to the pics, for the price it can't be beat.

I ordered one and they tell me it's been shipped, but now looking at this picture...it's looking kind of small compared to the hand of the person holding it. :unsure :facepalm

$_57.JPG

looks fine, providing its the same size as the dimensions they list on the website it's exactly the same as the museum, replicas one, and by that the actual one.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back