Thor: Love & Thunder

No, Thor isn’t aware of the reforging.

I’m going to assume the hammer chose Jane as the next Worthy Person in response to Gorr, and reforged itself or some other mystical occurrence happened, where Jane and the Hammer are directly tied to one another, so Thor can be saved.

I'm curious to see if they explain how mjolnir is pieced back together. I had a theory, before endgame, that the pieces would be gathered and Dr Strange would use the time stone to remerge them, like with the apple scene in Dr Strange 1, but that doesn't appear to be the case.
I'm not sure it is 'reforged' completely. The one shot in the trailer shows Jane sling it toward the enemies & it shot out in pieces, so it may just be held together through it's own power.

I'm not sure it is 'reforged' completely. The one shot in the trailer shows Jane sling it toward the enemies & it shot out in pieces, so it may just be held together through it's own power.
That's the same impression I got as well from that shot. Not that it has been actually re-forged, but that it is still in the pieces, but held together with the lightning/willpower/magic.

Just got home from watching the film and I really enjoyed it. I realise I'm fortunate to see this early, being in the UK, no spoilers.
I hope everyone has a great time.

20220707_093934.jpg

20220707_093954.jpg

20220707_093943.jpg

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Had a lot of fun. I definitely wouldn't call this your standard Marvel fare. It's 100% a Taika Waititi film. I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to come away feeling more like Paul Andrew than I did. Still it's definitely worth a watch in theatres. Saw it in IMAX and it looked absolutely stunning! Also now I need those screaming goats. Every time they popped up on screen I started cracking up!

Saw it last night and really enjoyed it. Had a lot of fun. I definitely wouldn't call this your standard Marvel fare. It's 100% a Taika Waititi film. I have a feeling that a lot of people are going to come away feeling more like Paul Andrew than I did. Still it's definitely worth a watch in theatres. Saw it in IMAX and it looked absolutely stunning! Also now I need those screaming goats. Every time they popped up on screen I started cracking up!

It looked amazing. Vibrant and bombastic in a way that an 80's album cover of a movie should be.

I think my biggest gripe is that the conclusion didn't feel earned or like it made much sense. Thor delivers a speech near the end that culminates with an action that made me feel like this movie was aimed squarely at the 10 year old I used to be, and didn't bother to bring the depth that 42 year old me wants to see.

It was fine, but I don't think it's anywhere near as good as Ragnarok.

It's a Taika film thru and thru. It was fun. A bit cringe at times. A bit too jokey for my taste, but it definitely had me laughing multiple times. Bale did a fantastic job as the God butcher. Best character in the movie. Fast paced and choppy overall. Just go into it as a fun kooky ride and don't take it too seriously. It certainly doesn't take itself seriously. Also missed opportunity for an after credits Loki cameo!

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back