The Winter Soldier - Costume Research Thread

I am currently building the goggles around these safety glasses(I have glasses so I use the rx insert for them)
31UXrgd5n0L.jpg
and using this as reference
mask+sized.jpg

There is so much great detail in this thread. I started reading it over a year ago. last march I was able to finish my winter soldier cosplay. There are some things I would like to update on it, small details. However the arm was where I put in most of the detail. I posted my build in a new thread yesterday.
Here are a few photos of my cosplay. 18.jpg7.jpgwinter soldier costume shoot edit 1_2_small.jpg I made the arm by cutting and hand bending all separate pieces, so the arm has full range of motion. Since most people make it out of two pieces I decided to try and get it as close to how it "appears" in the movie as possible.

Ok, so i just finished pulling some Benchmades out of the molds and I think they look fabulous.
View attachment 353121 I have 2 little things to fix on them which will be extremely easy, but the real one is on the right and the cast is on the left. If you would like on please message me they only cost $10 plus shipping and I can have them shipped soon because I now am out of school. If you would like one please message me and I would be happy to cast one for you. I will be selling the tantos and the Mk. 2 some time next week hopefully.
are you still making and saling theses.

This thread is amazing! Thank you everyone for the incredible amount of info you all shared here!

It's my first time to try out cosplaying and to make my own costume, and it just so happened that i got this unhealthy obsession with the Winter Soldier, so it took me a month and a half to make my genderbend Winter Soldier costume. I didn't go for screen accurate, but I'll work on bits and pieces to make it closer. I owe a lot to this thread and the one by Pint Sized Fett for the arm, so thank you guys you're all amazing!!

IMG_6003.JPG P6120307.JPG P6120258.JPG P6120313.JPG

Hey everyone,

Can't thank everyone enough for the work they have put into this, it's a massive help.

Aiming to go to my first Con at the end of July on London, as the Winter Soldier.

I'm currently making an M4a1 out of card and going to cast it in resin. I was thinking if here is any interest, I'd make more, to sell? Same with the other weapons too!

Here's the card model as it stands, still a few details to add as well as the grenade launcher and the Eotech sight.

Let me know!
187be57c335c28074eea21f4ac02c062.jpg

Building an arm too, following SoloRoboto's instructions. Still have so much sanding and priming to do!
bc952b6ecdbbecbeea9fe60543840660.jpg

Last edited:
Hey everyone,

Can't thank everyone enough for the work they have put into this, it's a massive help.

Aiming to go to my first Con at the end of July on London, as the Winter Soldier.

I'm currently making an M4a1 out of card and going to cast it in resin. I was thinking if here is any interest, I'd make more? Same with the other weapons too!

Here's the card model as it stands, still a few details to add as well as the grenade launcher and the Eotech sight.

Let me know! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160618/187be57c335c28074eea21f4ac02c062.jpg

Building an arm too, following SoloRoboto's instructions. Still have so much sanding and priming to do! http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160618/bc952b6ecdbbecbeea9fe60543840660.jpg

My ears pricked up slightly with interest at the mention of your potential M4 resin casting; would that be something that'd be con safe, or which would be alright with weapons/prop check? (I know from experience how widely it can vary from one con to another, and there'd be nothing worse than not being allowed to bring one's cosplay shiny into an event....augh the disappointment-!) Indeed the M4 looks mighty nice so, as I said, definite ears-perked interest going on there on my part. :)

My ears pricked up slightly with interest at the mention of your potential M4 resin casting; would that be something that'd be con safe, or which would be alright with weapons/prop check? (I know from experience how widely it can vary from one con to another, and there'd be nothing worse than not being allowed to bring one's cosplay shiny into an event....augh the disappointment-!) Indeed the M4 looks mighty nice so, as I said, definite ears-perked interest going on there on my part. :)

I need to do my homework on what the rules and regulations are that make it 'con safe' but I'm definitely aiming to!

hey everyone been reading all 27 of the pages just wanted to thank everyone for all the insight and the research. been incredibly helpful! my bucky costume is almost complete just gotta do some tampering with the bates boots that edge mastered and work on the belt and harness slightly.

although i 100% have questions on the sig sauer p226 holster and how people are holstering that weapon on his left thigh?

also here's my cosplay14485033_10211107886959903_5737522622209963632_n.jpg

hey everyone been reading all 27 of the pages just wanted to thank everyone for all the insight and the research. been incredibly helpful! my bucky costume is almost complete just gotta do some tampering with the bates boots that edge mastered and work on the belt and harness slightly.

although i 100% have questions on the sig sauer p226 holster and how people are holstering that weapon on his left thigh?

also here's my cosplayView attachment 671055

Nice! I have to ask, how did you do the arm and the jacket? They look amazing!

Nice! I have to ask, how did you do the arm and the jacket? They look amazing!

thank you! the arm is made out of a soft pvc material planning on repainting it chrome, if you aren't familiar with soft pvc it's really similar to a rubber and the jacket is the same thing everyone else has the long sleeve jacket with the vest, i personally bought my jacket from ezcosplay though. they custom fit your measurements and sell any piece of the cosplay you need, jacket fits perfectly snug definitely happy with that buy

oooh boy, y'all are amazing! thank youuuu!! ╰(*´︶`*)╯♡

i've got to go through this whole thread in full, so perhaps it's been mentioned but... what if i made the arm from separate wood pieces?
i mean, this is my first cosplay, and i'm not a freaking woodworker or carver or what have you, but i thought it might come out really neat? (・・; )ゞ?

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back