The Wand Company TOS Tricorder is coming!

Looks like they're going the extra mile with this. Maybe they couldn't help but notice all the critiques of the questionable choices they made after bragging about ALL the laser scanning they did with the phaser. (Too skinny handle, body color, matte-finish nozzle, etc.)
We shall see...

Looks like they're going the extra mile with this. Maybe they couldn't help but notice all the critiques of the questionable choices they made after bragging about ALL the laser scanning they did with the phaser. (Too skinny handle, body color, matte-finish nozzle, etc.)
We shall see...
What is funny about the handle on the Phaser is that according to Richard and Chris they knew it wasn't correct and then forgot to address it when it was made. They didn't realize they had done that until people started to complain about it on the forums.

What is funny about the handle on the Phaser is that according to Richard and Chris they knew it wasn't correct and then forgot to address it when it was made. They didn't realize they had done that until people started to complain about it on the forums.
And they continue to dance around the issue when confronted. It's a shame because the phaser came SOOO close! Not a fan of the sound/light combos, either. (Better on the MR.) Or the GREEN led in the p1. (??)

And they continue to dance around the issue when confronted. It's a shame because the phaser came SOOO close! Not a fan of the sound/light combos, either. (Better on the MR.) Or the GREEN led in the p1. (??)
I don't mind the TWC sound/light combos but I love the sound/light combos on the MR and still mine. I was fortunate that I was able to get new handles from Myron and SD Studios that really make s big difference.

I don't mind the TWC sound/light combos but I love the sound/light combos on the MR and still mine. I was fortunate that I was able to get new handles from Myron and SD Studios that really make s big difference.
Yup. Got an SD handle RIGHT away for mine. I have another still in box I was gonna convert to a B/W, but never got around to it. Happy to see the value going up up up, though!

Yup. Got an SD handle RIGHT away for mine. I have another still in box I was gonna convert to a B/W, but never got around to it. Happy to see the value going up up up, though!
I got one of SD's B/W conversions. I had wanted to get a B/W for years and this fit the bill perfectly.

All I have is a Shanko b/w. At least it's fiberglass. (Had to re-work it. It was REALLY rough.)
I don't have the skills do to a build like that or to convert the TWC to a B/W which is why I was thrilled to find one on ebay a while back.

Sorry for highjacking this thread. I love the TWC Tricorder.

Gotta love this latest Wand Company update. Just loving this Tricorder! Edith Keeler image looks great excellent quality. Here are some pics from the latest email. Looking forward to the next one. Keep it up Wand Company!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210809-062801_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062801_Gmail.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 123
  • Screenshot_20210809-062808_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062808_Gmail.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 97
  • Screenshot_20210809-062817_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062817_Gmail.jpg
    205.9 KB · Views: 104
  • Screenshot_20210809-062825_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062825_Gmail.jpg
    146.3 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20210809-062847_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062847_Gmail.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Screenshot_20210809-062841_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062841_Gmail.jpg
    346.2 KB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20210809-062834_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062834_Gmail.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 101
  • Screenshot_20210809-062857_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20210809-062857_Gmail.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
You have to appreciate all the work that went into cleaning up the images and researching the text in the articles. I wish they would have talked a bit about the functionality of the Edith Keeler images. Will we see images from one timeline, then static, then see the alternate timeline article? Or will both just be selectable from the archive disk?

You have to appreciate all the work that went into cleaning up the images and researching the text in the articles. I wish they would have talked a bit about the functionality of the Edith Keeler images. Will we see images from one timeline, then static, then see the alternate timeline article? Or will both just be selectable from the archive disk?
Excellent point I would love to see both articles be available. You just never hopefully they adad couple images of that time to scroll through.

Although I'm a lot more interested in the "live functions" of the tricorder like sensing and interactive items I will admit this attention to detail for one of the top TOS moments featuring the prop are fantastic. Now if they did an animated area scan map of the attack on Sestus III or other such moments where the tricorder featured as well...that would be off the hook.

I have sent them font suggestions and a few scans of some original prop newspaper design elements to help further improve the accuracy of the Keeler newspaper graphics. I found the old (1898) typeface for 'The Star Dispatch' years ago when I was trying to put together a replica of the newspapers. The modern version of the font is slightly different, but still looks good with some minor modifications.

There is also a much better shot of the Star Dispatch newspaper logo/banner in the Mission: Impossible season 3 episode 'The Freeze'.

Attachments

• The Star Dispatch.pdf
    51.5 KB · Views: 94
  • MI The Freeze - Star Dispatch.jpg
    MI The Freeze - Star Dispatch.jpg
    13 MB · Views: 72
The Wand Company 10th doctor who sonic screwdriver boys not meant to have the battery changed either, but you can get replacement Rechargeable batteries if you know where to look. I replaced several batteries on those with batteries from Ali Express. So I'm sure the phaser batteries could be replaced.
From your mouth to God's ear. I have an option on a stock TWC Phaser with a dead battery. When hardwired to a power source via the USB, it functions. I've been trying (unsuccessfully so far) to find a 100 mA replacement battery and some plan of attack for the installation. Best. Mike.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back