The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

I'm so done right now... I LIKED Denise. Not only was she normal, but was the only chubby chick on the show.

Which is moronic that there are overweight people at this point in the zombie apocalypse. When a FOOD SHORTAGE is a plot point. What's it been in show time? Two years? They all should be looking like the last few scenes of Into the Wild at this stage of the game. Except Carl. With the pudding.

Shouldn't there be more than enough wild game running around now that civilization has ground to a halt? Rick's group should be fat and happy on deer, hogs, turkey and rabbit.

This season has been written with one bad decision after another. This week they decided it was ok to let the only person with medical experience in the group go on a material run. Nice.. I hold Daryl and Rosita responsible for not knocking Denise on her rear end and hog tying that dummy before letting her outside the walls. In my post apocalyptic world doctors and engineers do not go on runs when there are others who can do it!

Speaking of food, is there any reason they're not raising livestock? Even Rick had pigs back at the prison. How about chickens?

Right there's little room for livestock and they haven't even started planting anything but very basic crops. I'm also thinking that they're far from any source of animals to raise where they are, it's a pretty suburban/urban area and they're not going to be finding a lot pigs or chickens just running around, besides, any pigs they might encounter just running free are going to be completely feral by this time and will require re-domestication.

It's going to be tough not to side with Negan as he'd never let a doctor leave the compound, and he'd never let a giant box truck full of FOOD sink into a freaking pond.

Personally, I'd of given Abraham's death to Tara, Rosita, or Spencer. Probably Spencer as he's useless in the show, and in the comic. :)

Pigs would be everywhere. Pigs are tough little creatures that like to procreate. They'd have lots of pork if they hunted. But they don't seem to do that kind of stuff. They just look for old food in boxes.

And I agree about Carol. I thought she was just playing around, faking it to get them off thier guard. Nope, she was really having a struggle? Really?? What?

Really?

I'm gonna' miss Scarol. A lot.

Hunting pigs would work, but it's pretty risky given how gun shots tend to attract walkers, then add to that the danger the pigs themselves present and you have a high risk hunt. Of course, given that society has fallen and there are no rules there's no reason why you couldn't bait an area and hunt from inside a truck or car although the noise might scare them off. Setting traps might not be a bad way to go though, cage traps I think would be best so walkers don't get to them and then you could dispatch them with a quick shot to the head or use a spear which would save on ammo and be completely quiet.

Hunting pigs would work, but it's pretty risky given how gun shots tend to attract walkers, then add to that the danger the pigs themselves present and you have a high risk hunt. Of course, given that society has fallen and there are no rules there's no reason why you couldn't bait an area and hunt from inside a truck or car although the noise might scare them off. Setting traps might not be a bad way to go though, cage traps I think would be best so walkers don't get to them and then you could dispatch them with a quick shot to the head or use a spear which would save on ammo and be completely quiet.

You also forgot that engine noises could attract Walkers as well.

That's true but at the same time that seldom seems to be a very big concern or issue in TWD.

The reason why it's seldom an issue is because they're usually driving by at a fast speed. They haven't sit in a spot for a while before the Walkers showed up (he only time we've seen this was at the end of Season 2, when a Walker passes by Rick, Carl and Hershel. Daryl's loud motorcycle ends up attracting the same Walker, which is the. Taken down. I think T-Dog also hinted the horn, but I could be wrong about that detail).

But the point is that it's still an issue, especially if you're trying to hunt in a confined area.

Speaking of food, is there any reason they're not raising livestock? Even Rick had pigs back at the prison. How about chickens?

daryll's childish behaviouw with ***** send a truck full of food into the lake. what i saw in the back of that truck was alot of canned food. i wonder why they didnt get the stuff out of there

daryll's childish behaviouw with ***** send a truck full of food into the lake. what i saw in the back of that truck was alot of canned food. i wonder why they didnt get the stuff out of there

I'm gonna say because zombies don't drown. There could be a few stuck in the water / mud just waiting to get a nibble of someone. You would need a working hitch and a strong truck to pull a packed u-haul out a lake to boot. Maybe ***** said don't go back over there until you killed all the crazies.

Last edited:

Well, we know there's livestock at Hilltop. And Daryl made the negotiation that with dealing with the Saviors that Alexandria would get a cow. I'm sure there's probably potential for other livestock, I don't know... I mean, I don't think I've ever heard of farms in Virginia, though I'm sure they exist.

Well, we know there's livestock at Hilltop. And Daryl made the negotiation that with dealing with the Saviors that Alexandria would get a cow. I'm sure there's probably potential for other livestock, I don't know... I mean, I don't think I've ever heard of farms in Virginia, though I'm sure they exist.

The question is, is Alexandria large enough to raise sufficient numbers of livestock to produce any meaningful amount of food? They could raise chickens for eggs and probably goats for milk and occasionally meat, sheep for wool and occasionally meat, but not much else. Although they wouldn't need much room for a few pigs they'd probably need a good bit of room to have enough pigs to feed all of Alexandria. I guess it all depends on just how large Alexandria is and how many people do they have? Regardless, the largest animals they could manage would be goat/sheep/pig size animals, definitely not enough room for cows of any size unless they want just 1 or 2 for milk.

What they have portrayed as northern virginia, near Alexandria, looks NOTHING like northern virginia near Alexandria. There are subdivisions upon subdivisions of townhouses, track homes, portofino type communities, shopping centers, colonial houses, (we've seen one - only one), schools, soccer fields, TGIF's and Starbucks everywhere you look, golf courses, and a lot of built up office parks with high rise condo buildings and office buildings. Not to mention National aka Washingon Reagan Airport, the Potomac, the Beltway, and on the other side of that, the Pentagon.

My family had a home in Springfield, on the western border of Alexandria, growing up. Nothing I've seen in the show looks remotely like the area.

Yes, whatever "Alexandria" they're in is very rural, and there are probably production reasons for that. I live minutes outside of Philadelphia and there are plenty of farms around here. Mostly dairy. People near me even keep chickens and other livestock in their yards. It's not really that unbelievable.

Yeah "Alexandria" is laughable if you know the area, Lived almost all of my life 2 minutes from George Washingtons Mount Vernon and still own property there.

If the Zombie Apocolypse hit, you would be screwed royally if you didnt get out fast! :lol

I never took the name Alexandria to mean the city in Virginia, though I know they are supposed to be in the state of Virginia.

I always took it to mean it's supposed to be a like one of those big subdivisions you see popping up all the time. I have a friend who lives in a big community full of large homes named Kensington, another who lives in one named Auburn Heights, but it's no where near the city of Auburn Heights.

I never took the name Alexandria to mean the city in Virginia, though I know they are supposed to be in the state of Virginia.

I always took it to mean it's supposed to be a like one of those big subdivisions you see popping up all the time. I have a friend who lives in a big community full of large homes named Kensington, another who lives in one named Auburn Heights, but it's no where near the city of Auburn Heights.

Exactly, I think that Alexandria is just the name of that particular development/community and not the city that they're in. I don't know about other states but here in SoCal you see that all the time, esp. with newer homes, they'll have a small retaining wall with the name of the community on it which, more often than not, has absolutely no bearing on the city that it's in. At the same time, at least here in SoCal, it's uncommon to have a housing community that shares the same name as a city in CA, CA developers tend to prefer two or 3 word names like La Granada, Rolling Hills Estates, Babbling Brooks or something similarly colorful.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back