The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

I liked this one. I thought there had been a decent build up to Carol's conscience returning in the previous episodes, it all worked for me.

Except dropping the lit cigarette on the gas on the kill floor. That would've just gone out and done nothing, winds me up every time I see it in TV or film. Made worse by the fact she actually had a lighter in her hand.

I liked this one. I thought there had been a decent build up to Carol's conscience returning in the previous episodes, it all worked for me.

Except dropping the lit cigarette on the gas on the kill floor. That would've just gone out and done nothing, winds me up every time I see it in TV or film. Made worse by the fact she actually had a lighter in her hand.
I hated that too. Why not enjoy the smoke and drop the lighter?

This is my lighter. There are many others like it, but this one is mine. My lighter is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me, my lighter is useless. Without my lighter, I am useless.

Plus cigarettes are better currency. I remember seeing a show where they had some cops on there who said a lot of times they could end a standoff because the person came out when they ran out of cigarettes! :lol So any smokers would trade well for some smokes in the apocalypse.

That was literally the worst episode in the entire series. I can't believe they're ruining Carol this way, and the sheer idiocy of the characters' behavior is astounding. I do, however, have to applaud them killing off the doctor. If the writers put an arrow through someone's face every time they went off on a tedious, schmaltzy monologue, it would improve the show tremendously.

Ugh, seriously, what are they doing to Carol. Now I WANT her to die before they turn her into friggin' idiot Morgan.

It was nice to see Eugene get a mouthful of balls. He richly deserves it. It was not nice to see him survive the gun shot. I was really hoping they'd clear out some more dead weight.

I'm not sure you're watching the same show as the rest of us. Last night's Walking Dead was fantastic. This has been the best season without a doubt.

The arrow thing was taken right out of the comics, but the victim was NOT the same. It will be interesting to see how this plays into the next couple of episodes.

What was fantastic about it exactly? I saw a gimmicky, dull opening sequence, a bunch of poor decisions made by characters who should know better, heavy handed moralizing, and the neutering of the show's best character. Furthermore, they slammed the brakes on the Neegan tension that's been building. This show kills narrative momentum more than it does walkers :lol Seriously, every time something interesting happens they stall for a few episodes and just kill my interest.

if i may... as much as one person likes a character, this show is not about one person. the show has to have an ebb/flow to it and i think lastnight's show was spot on. i've been watching since day1 of the season 1, have read the comics and belong to the spoilingdead website (free to join). this season is by far the best but it can't concentrate just on Carol. the show actually is supposed to revolve around Rick/Carl, but given you have additional supporting cast members, everyone chooses their fave. i can understand your frustration for the direction their taking Carol, but really, if she didn't ebb/flow, she'd grow stale and everyone would throw a hissy fit about that. not too mention, we've only got like 40min of air time, they have to steer the story yet try to cover everyone/everything... for example, for the fans of Carl.... didn't see him at all lastnight, and for only 2min the show prior.... Michone/Tara/*****/Heath... nowhere. Morgan, 2min of him spinning his stick around... my point is, the show only has enough time to steer the show in a direction both the comic fans and the tv fans will enjoy.

you didn't enjoy lastnight's show... ok... did you turn it off? ;)

she can't be guns and knives all of the time. the question of her morality has been coming into play because she has a conscience... a former mother, someone who brought life into the world... she's been conflicted this entire season and seasons prior. she is struggling to not become a ruthless killer as a victim of the ZA. i don't see her pulling a Morgan... there are other plans for her coming but for now, they're going to send her off, team family will go try and bring her back in the fold and it's going to back fire BIG TIME, at which she point, she'll more than likely see, she has no choice... it is what it is. i won't blow off any spoilers. as far as Negan is concerned, the instroduction of the Saviors, then team family attacking and killing the Negan clan and now, the re-introductionn of Dwight with the scar'd face. Negan will be here, there are only 2eps. left before a major cliff hanger... there will be plenty of blood to come but Carol isn't being molded into another Morgan, it's just the show being a show.

hope you continue to watch... i will.... best show evah for the material it's based on!

*****edit - sorry, ZA = zombie apocalypse

What was fantastic about it exactly? I saw a gimmicky, dull opening sequence, a bunch of poor decisions made by characters who should know better, heavy handed moralizing, and the neutering of the show's best character. Furthermore, they slammed the brakes on the Neegan tension that's been building. This show kills narrative momentum more than it does walkers :lol Seriously, every time something interesting happens they stall for a few episodes and just kill my interest.

I liked the gimmicky opening. It quickly and efficiently showed how the people are settling into a routine, and we see what the new normal is. The only poor decisions I saw made were by those that did not know better. In fact, the ones that knew better warned the ones that did not know better that their ideas were bad. And nothing wrong with those people trying to learn and adapt and be able to contribute more.

How this episode decreased Neegan tension is beyond me. That was an incredibly tense scene, at least for me.

if i may... as much as one person likes a character, this show is not about one person. the show has to have an ebb/flow to it and i think lastnight's show was spot on. i've been watching since day1 of the season 1, have read the comics and belong to the spoilingdead website (free to join). this season is by far the best but it can't concentrate just on Carol. the show actually is supposed to revolve around Rick/Carl, but given you have additional supporting cast members, everyone chooses their fave. i can understand your frustration for the direction their taking Carol, but really, if she didn't ebb/flow, she'd grow stale and everyone would throw a hissy fit about that. not too mention, we've only got like 40min of air time, they have to steer the story yet try to cover everyone/everything... for example, for the fans of Carl.... didn't see him at all lastnight, and for only 2min the show prior.... Michone/Tara/*****/Heath... nowhere. Morgan, 2min of him spinning his stick around... my point is, the show only has enough time to steer the show in a direction both the comic fans and the tv fans will enjoy.

you didn't enjoy lastnight's show... ok... did you turn it off? ;)

she can't be guns and knives all of the time. the question of her morality has been coming into play because she has a conscience... a former mother, someone who brought life into the world... she's been conflicted this entire season and seasons prior. she is struggling to not become a ruthless killer as a victim of the ZA. i don't see her pulling a Morgan... there are other plans for her coming but for now, they're going to send her off, team family will go try and bring her back in the fold and it's going to back fire BIG TIME, at which she point, she'll more than likely see, she has no choice... it is what it is. i won't blow off any spoilers. as far as Negan is concerned, the instroduction of the Saviors, then team family attacking and killing the Negan clan and now, the re-introductionn of Dwight with the scar'd face. Negan will be here, there are only 2eps. left before a major cliff hanger... there will be plenty of blood to come but Carol isn't being molded into another Morgan, it's just the show being a show.

hope you continue to watch... i will.... best show evah for the material it's based on!

*****edit - sorry, ZA = zombie apocalypse

I have read the comics up to this point, but it was a while ago. I can't believe I have to ask, but was Carol in the comics? I can't remember, don't I don't think so. If she was, she wasn't this prominent of a figure, correct?

potential spoilers for the show if you haven't watched it yet... turn back now:

yeah, she's in the comic and yes again, the comics are old... i think 10yrs now. i don't want to get into spoilers for tv but given the comics vs. tv her story arc(s) went off the rails. not just with her, Tyreese too, Lori/Judith... Sophia and others. Gimple is now trying to re-align the tv to the comics but it's difficult. example... Denise's death lastnight, that was Abe's in the comic.

at this point in the tv show... Carol is supposed to be dead.... i don't know how to hide a spoiler here - she commits suicide in the comics

and, not for nothing.... now that Father Gabe is turning it around, i'm liking all of the characters (disliked him big time). Morgan is off in left field and imho it's not an attitude to have but i can understand the show demonstrating that some of these survivors are second guessing themselves as becoming killers. zombies are one thing, they're already dead, but taking lives now (even Carol who brought life into the world), especially on the offensive the first time the show prior.... they've never done that, it was always in self defense.

Rick popping the guy that said he was Negan, that's vigilante justice right there... he's over the line now and has become what Shane was. Shane knew back in the beginning what needed to be done and that's exactly what Rick has become... a guy doing what needs to be done, same thing with Darryl, he knew she should've killed Dwight..... 'should' he have?................................ as a contention of morality? or as a killer?

in the ZA i say yes... you become a product of the environment you live in to survive, whatever humanity that remains, defines you. getting too deep for a tv show.... lol

Last edited:
That was an awesome episode. Good people are meant to have moral struggles, and it's nice to see Carol as a human, not some action-hero Rambo. Stopping a beating heart is a hell of thing, so I'm sure she's struggling to try and keep her humanity. I don't think that detracts from her being a survivor. I think she just sees that not becoming attached to people will make it a lot easier for her to survive.

This season has really helped this show regain it's momentum and get back to it's roots. These last 2 episodes are going to ratchet up like crazy and I'm really looking forward to it. Hopefully FTWD takes a page from TWD's playbook for this season.

Get in the van, youre one of us now.
The last two episodes seem to have been overly written by a battered wives support group as a verbal self help script then retooled with added zombies and blood for TWD. If it wasnt for the DVR I would have stopped watching long ago. Even Talking Dead has completely lost its niche charm for me as its a basic formula now. If I see one more struggling SAG actor I know as an audience member asking a scripted question Im ramming the Zombie Apocalypse Van through the TD set.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back