The Walking Dead - Season 6 Discussion

If I were one of the people from Alexandria outside of "Ricks group", I would consider their actions highly suspicious. They are gearing up for an attack yet most of that group has left the compound.

Is Maggie pouching a Zombaby? Considering its half *Chinese its going to be hungry again in a half hour.

*Korean

That was a fairly blah episode, but it served it's purpose of setting the table for next week.\

I think the shot at the end was to injure, not kill. You hear the shooter say, "You'll be alright."

These people are acting recklessly, and it's going to go horribly bad for them. They need to start making smarter decisions.

There was a shot in the preview that looks like a scene from the Saviors final assault in the comics. I hope they do condense the conflict with them. In the comics it goes back and for for WAY too long.

I wonder who Lucille will be introduced to. I have a feeling they won't stick to the comics for this scene, and there are a lot of possibilities at this point.

Carol is being dumb, but she is so bad ass. Not buying that she would leave anyone behind alive. She would have blew all their brains out..unless she hurt and had to jet cause of zombies. Only problem was the only zombie was one of the truck guys.

i hate Morgan so much. His thinking isn't right yet to himself and I guess Rick now too. Hey Morgan try this circle of life. If you killed the two wolves in the woods. They wouldn't have killed red riding hood that Daryl and the gay were trying to find. After that they wouldn't have attack the town killing many of the people and distracting the zombies from the road herd plan. Jesse and family would still be alive. You wouldn't of had a hostage or a stand off with others in town. So then the doc wouldn't have to worry about saving Carl and his eye. Thus carol might still be around making cookies instead of having to listen to your BS. Every life isn't precious Holmes. I was so hoping Rick was gonna blow his brains out right then. Got even closer I thought when he pulled the glock out when Morgan wasn't looking..damn that would have been sweet. Oh thanks for pushing Rick during the shot at the barn. How do you know what he was aiming at...hmm maybe trying to get a zombie off the guy they were trying tontalking to??

My choices for bat hit..Abe or Morgan

i think Abe has peaked and has done a lot of damage to the survivors: they might want a little pay back.

I have watched this show from the very beginning and I hate to say it but the only reason I am still watching it is out of habit. There has been so much stupidity throughout the series from characters making foolish decisions to characters NEVER learning and repeating the same thing over and over again. I will keep watching but like I said mainly out of habit and at 9 PM on Sunday I am not doing anything else anyway. I keep waiting for Episodes like the Grove, Four Walls and a Roof and No Sanctuary but I think those days are gone. THOSE are the episodes that I love but this nonsense has just gotten so bad as of late. What is so maddening about all of this is they have so few episodes that are made each year there is no reason why they should have "clunker" or "filler" episodes. Other shows that I can think of that have limited shows are Better Call Saul which I LOVE! Each episode is better than the previous one, Breaking Bad was the same way. It is a shame that this show can not follow those shows examples and have top notch writing from beginning to end.

So the saviors are some kind of ultra quiet forest ninjas that can just appear like the boogie man from behind trees and foliage whenever the writers would like them to.

Super duper.

This is why people light forests on fire then ;)

The writing has been sloppy all season for the sole purpose of pushing Rick's group into conflict with the Saviors.

I find it amusing to see how many of Negan's group have so far been killed by the Alexandrians. Who needs an all out war? At this rate, if Rick and company avoided captured they would have exterminated Negan’s group through unintentional attrition! :lol

The Saviors Carol encountered knew all about Alexandria, and claimed to be heading there. Surely news has reached their HQ about the slaughter of sleeping Saviors a few eps back. Why hasn't Alexandria been attacked exactly? And why isn't Rick going on the offensive? They killed a bunch of sleeping dudes and then...nothing. Even though they KNOW they didn't get them all. The NEXT episode after Rick and Co. attack the Saviors in their sleep should have been a major confrontation. Not a month of foot dragging.

Agreed on all point. It's simply lazy writing. At this point in time and with this group of survivors we should not be seeing such illogical rookie mistakes. Not from a group that survived and eliminated both Woodbury and Terminus! What human being who walked away from Terminus would enter a compound having done NO reconnaissance?

I feel the show hit an apex with Terminus and it's downhill from here. If Rick's group survives, the writing will be a dialed in "villain of the season" type of dynamic.

FWIW, I am still watching because my wife and son love the show. :$

The writing this season has been ****-poor. People making stupid choices is one thing, but they make the shift so quickly in this show you can't make sense of a character's sole motivations from one episode to the next. Also, for people that are tracking armed humans... have they never been taught to use cover, or use the trees. When Daryl was walking through the "kill box" completely out in the open, without crouching, it nearly killed me.

That said, I am still entertained by the show. It just seems like they are starting to ignore more and more logical and common-sense to advance their stories.

I watch to see the dynamic character arcs...wait I meant, to see the dynamic zombie makeup and to see the zombie kills of the season. Also, isn't Maggie too early in term to have a Zombaby? I mean, I thought it for sure, like a silly idea in passing, but I felt like we've seen enough zombie kid stuff with the boy getting snatched up and the baby crib room with bloody shoes.

Isn't the comic heavy on social commentary? I feel like that's missing here.

I think between multiple writers and multiple directors a consistent momentum build and story line is getting lost along the way. And making experienced grounded characters like Daryl and Carol leave the compound abruptly or under the cover of night only to have more smart grounded characters chase after them is a cheap plot device and doesn't really fit our character's M.O. this far along into the apocalypse after everything they've been through. The writers should come up with better reasons to get characters outside the walls of Alexandria.

I stopped watching this show some time around, I think, the mid-season break. Maybe just before. I was already kind of lukewarm about the whole thing, and my wife doesn't like the show (too scary for her) so it ends up being a show I get to watch on my own or not at all. And to be honest, I just...have a hard time giving a crap about it anymore. The last few seasons with the padded travelogue episodes really killed my excitement, and this season has been just...not good. I think my last episode was the one where Glen "died," which you KNEW wasn't going to stick, and just revealed the show runners to be rather cheaply manipulative.

At the same time, I got a copy of the third Compendium of the comics, and it was great, if a bit....hmm....too brisk in pacing? I felt like I blew through it WAY faster than the first two compendiums. Maybe something with the page layouts. It's interesting stuff, it moves along well, and it doesn't feel padded out the way the show does.

I think the novelty of the show has also worn thin, particularly when the situations keep seeming recycled. That's one of the benefits of the comics and how they change over time. It's what makes them feel dynamic. Instead, on this show, you usually have, like, 1-2 really good episodes, followed by a lot of milling around or walking from place to place, or people being angsty or stupid.

I hope the show can improve, but it seems like just one massive tease for something cool that never really materializes or if it does, only does so for, like, an episode followed by four or five dull episodes, followed by another months-long break. If your show is engaging and interesting, it can handle a mid-season break. But with this show, it kills whatever interest I have in watching. I usually end up catching up on Netflix...you know...eventually. But this time, I dunno. It might be a while before I watch again.

I still enjoy the show, for all my recent complaining. It's a zombie show, and KNB is doing amazing work. The acting is still good, and some of the characters add a lot of fun to the show. I hope they don't kill Abraham off, he's the one who makes me laugh, which probably means he's doomed.

:)

At the same time, I got a copy of the third Compendium of the comics, and it was great, if a bit....hmm....too brisk in pacing? I felt like I blew through it WAY faster than the first two compendiums. Maybe something with the page layouts. It's interesting stuff, it moves along well, and it doesn't feel padded out the way the show does.

I think the novelty of the show has also worn thin, particularly when the situations keep seeming recycled. That's one of the benefits of the comics and how they change over time. It's what makes them feel dynamic. Instead, on this show, you usually have, like, 1-2 really good episodes, followed by a lot of milling around or walking from place to place, or people being angsty or stupid.

See I didn't feel like the comic held up over time either. The first issues, I was like a crack addict. Then, when Negan (Governor 2.0) arrived, and there was a dude with a pet tiger or something? And there were so many characters I couldn't keep track (or care), and panel after panel after panel of talking heads blathering psuedo-deep nonsense...well I just gave up. I think it may be time to give up on the show as well. I would have already if it wasn't a social thing I do over at my friend's house every weekend.

Well, like I said, I'm up through the third compendium, which I enjoyed overall. I guess I just question how far the story can go. I mean, it makes sense for the community to fight with rival communities. It makes sense for the cast list to grow over time. It makes sense to see the world try to rebuild itself, and to have some elements that resist that or view things differently. But after a while...it's just gonna be the same crap over and over, no?

I guess the point is that, without some central crisis to propel the story, there's no logical end point to the tale. It just goes on and on until it becomes any other soap opera, just in a post-apocalyptic zombie setting.

Last edited:
Well, like I said, I'm up through the third compendium, which I enjoyed overall. I guess I just question how far the story can go. I mean, it makes sense for the community to fight with rival communities. It makes sense for the cast list to grow over time. It makes sense to see the world try to rebuild itself, and to have some elements that resist that or view things differently. But after a while...it's just gonna be the same crap over and over, no?

I guess the point is that, without some central crisis to propel the story, there's no logical end point to the tale. It just goes on and on until it becomes any other soap opera, just in a post-apocalyptic zombie setting.

Thats basically how most of my friends view the show. It's a point of being a total soap opera with no end game in sight. They will continue to milk this cash cow until it produces dust.

i hate Morgan so much. His thinking isn't right yet to himself and I guess Rick now too. Hey Morgan try this circle of life. If you killed the two wolves in the woods. They wouldn't have killed red riding hood that Daryl and the gay were trying to find. After that they wouldn't have attack the town killing many of the people and distracting the zombies from the road herd plan. Jesse and family would still be alive. You wouldn't of had a hostage or a stand off with others in town. So then the doc wouldn't have to worry about saving Carl and his eye. Thus carol might still be around making cookies instead of having to listen to your BS. Every life isn't precious Holmes. I was so hoping Rick was gonna blow his brains out right then. Got even closer I thought when he pulled the glock out when Morgan wasn't looking..damn that would have been sweet.

Me and Mrs Mattycsi were screaming this at the TV during this scene. With Rick having just said "I don't take risks anymore", I seriously thought he was going pop a cap in the back of his head. It was so disappointing when he didn't.

Morgan needs to meet the bat.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back