The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I used to thouroughly enjoy this Golden Oldie:
Reminds me of Tron as well
Fun game, love the soundtrack. I do not own any current Nintendo systems, but I think an HD remaster, or even remake would be cool. If they didn't change anything other than making it look nicer and an option for the original music or updated music.

New info on upcoming Warhammer 40k Darktide including full character customization

First gameplay look at upcoming RTS Ratten Reich

As a kid i collected cans and bottles, checked payphones for quarters just to get a chance to play Super Mario bros. , Ninja Gaiden and Double Dragon!!!
1653502865956.png

When the NES came out it was all about Ninja Gaiden
1653502996784.png

These games had a reputation for being extremely hard to beat...So i beat all of them and recorded all the end boss defeats on VCR. Since that time i am no longer a wizard...as my sons can tell you. If there are more than 2 buttons on a controller, i'm out. lol

Nth is bloodborne remaster really a thing? Ive heard the rumor for years along with Bloodborne 2 but it seems like wishful thinking, especially since PS5 users essentially get base Bloodborne for free as well as the fact that Miyazaki doesnt like doing direct sequels.

The new version of PS Plus seems to have released and ngl, it does seem like a pretty good deal tbh. 1 year of premium (access to online and games) for around $100 is a good deal, especially since a newly released game is $60 to $70. Even if you play those long open world games, you can probably go through 2 or 3 in a year.

Well yesterday there was upheaval on twitter that the Bloodborne Remaster had been confirmed by insiders. It has been rumored to have been in development for a while by Blue Point games who have done a number of Sony exclusive remasters to critical acclaim including Demon Souls. Supposedly it was scheduled to release in August on the PS5 and then on PC in Q2 2023 according to the news.
But a few hours later it appears that no such confirmation was ever made and we're back to the rumor mill.

Thanks for the confirmation. Even news outlets are talking about the rumor being false.

I really dont know why people want a remaster given that the original still holds up very well (its only a generation old) and a remaster is just the same game with a prettier coat of paint. I would be more interested in a Bloodborne 2 than a remaster. I guess the possibility of it coming out for PC is whats getting people excited.

Don't know how I feel about this as RE4 still holds up today and I responded fairly mildly to RE2: Remake. The Remake series after RE:make lost what made the original games great despite the dated tech: mood and atmosphere. All the really fun stuff is being continued with the current main games and these Remakes just don't have that for me. They're okay updates but they aren't as good as the originals for my taste.

I contend that the HD overhaul fan project that came out earlier this year for RE4 makes it still the best way to play it.

Street Fighter VI revealed. It won't be a day one buy from me unless I see Akuma in the main roster. I hope Capcom learned their mistakes from the release of Street Fighter V, essentially releasing the game piecemeal. The new open world meta portion of the game looks interesting though.

Final Fantasy XVI looking nice as well. I think this is the first time I have ever seen blood in a Final Fantasy game. This one is supposed to be darker and grittier.

Last edited:
As a kid i collected cans and bottles, checked payphones for quarters just to get a chance to play Super Mario bros. , Ninja Gaiden and Double Dragon!!!
View attachment 1579059

When the NES came out it was all about Ninja Gaiden
View attachment 1579060
These games had a reputation for being extremely hard to beat...So i beat all of them and recorded all the end boss defeats on VCR. Since that time i am no longer a wizard...as my sons can tell you. If there are more than 2 buttons on a controller, i'm out. lol
Thats funny. I too check many many pay phones for the quarters as well as recording myself playing games. The good old days.

In 2004ish, I made this video of me beating Mario 1 in just over 6 mins....by no means a world record, but still not bad....probably couldn't do that anymore....

Upcoming horror game The Callisto Protocol. Giving me some huge Dead Space vibes but that's fine with me since I loved Dead Space and will also be getting the Dead Space Remake when it comes out.

Final Fantasy XVI looking nice as well. I think this is the first time I have ever seen blood in a Final Fantasy game. This one is supposed to be darker and grittier.

I've all but given up on Final Fantasy under Nomura. If he's involved, it's guaranteed to be stupid. I hope it's good, I really do. I'm a FF fan from way back and it's heartbreaking to see it fumble for so long. FF used to be a unique experience in games but now, as it tries to be modern, often feels clunky and dated. FF7 Remake has it's moments and upsides, but that couldn't get out of its own way for "modernity's sake." Let Nomura pilfer and defile FF7 all he wants if it means that keeps him away from the main series and they can make fun games again.

Also, the tagline "Play has no limits." It most certainly does! A chip shortage proved that.:lol: The frequency in which next-gen consoles are produced now, is what--Five, Seven years? Each iteration a moderate upgrade to the last? Please. I've just stuck to my PC as a result. Sink some money into it to make it able to handle everything and get games on it rather than a 500 dollar machine that plays exclusives for a limited time.

I've all but given up on Final Fantasy under Nomura. If he's involved, it's guaranteed to be stupid. I hope it's good, I really do. I'm a FF fan from way back and it's heartbreaking to see it fumble for so long. FF used to be a unique experience in games but now, as it tries to be modern, often feels clunky and dated. FF7 Remake has it's moments and upsides, but that couldn't get out of its own way for "modernity's sake." Let Nomura pilfer and defile FF7 all he wants if it means that keeps him away from the main series and they can make fun games again.

Also, the tagline "Play has no limits." It most certainly does! A chip shortage proved that.:lol: The frequency in which next-gen consoles are produced now, is what--Five, Seven years? Each iteration a moderate upgrade to the last? Please. I've just stuck to my PC as a result. Sink some money into it to make it able to handle everything and get games on it rather than a 500 dollar machine that plays exclusives for a limited time.
I was just asking in a Chrono Trigger /Cross group on FB if theres been any word of them fixing the framerate issues from the Cross remaster. Someone responded that they are probably too busy with so many projects. My comment back....

"Yeah, too busy working on FF7:Remake expansion # III. Now you can play as a cactuar....but its still just the Midgar section."

That Final Fantasy trailer....hmmm
Trailers are suppose to get you hyped for whats coming....but, it just isn't really doing that. The best part was seeing the summons....but the actual characters.....I don't know. They just look like bland nicely rendered people. Hopefully I'm wrong, but since FF12, minus 14 as I don't play online, these games have gotten more and more bland with less likeable characters that I even care about.
Whats going on?
Is it me?
I find some of those old pixilated characters with so much more depth to them.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back