The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

It's one thing to play with friends, it's something entirely different to play with random strangers online. That's what I refuse to do. I might sit down next to my wife and play one of the Lego games with her, that's fine, but online play is completely off the table. It's the thing that chased me off of playing MMOs. Idiots are everywhere, especially hyper-competitive idiots and I've got no interest in playing anything with idiots.

I'd much rather play alone.
Around 10 years ago maybe longer the old classic car forum I was on had its own clan and we regularly met up for multi games..usually COD BF and a few other games and knowing each other through the forums already had a good laugh.
You always knew though when the kids were home across the time zones as you'd start getting the most shall we say annoying game players who just wanted to disrupt your game and would actively search out your clan pft..
We obviously blocked them muted them but overall we gamed with people All over the world and generally had a good experience from it. The worst was when hacking became a thing and you might loose weapons, scores rankings...at one stage we had to close accounts on advice from Sony.

I'm not really selling it am I lol...

State of Play points of interest.

Exoprimal, looks like Earth Defense Force with dinosaurs, which is fine with me because the EDF games are mindless addictive fun.

Ghostwire Tokyo

Ninja Turtles Cowabunga Collection - Almost every single Ninja Turtles game in one bundle. Must have this.

Gigabash - Anyone remember the old King of the Monsters games from the Arcade and SNES? Definitely reminds me of those.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure fighting game

Trek to Yomi (LOVE THIS)

The Diofield Chronicle - New Strategy Square Enix title.

Evil Dead

Last edited:
Trek to yomi seems interesting. Not sure about the Square game but good to see they havent completely abandoned strategy.

Ghostwire looks cool but too bad its first person. Not a fan of FPS.

I hope if's a few years out because maybe I can find a GPU and build a PC that could run it by then! I really hope it's a new story and if Geralt is involved, he's a side character, not the main character. I still can't figure out exactly what the medallion is though. It almost looks like a vampire bat, but that's obviously not it.

I hope if's a few years out because maybe I can find a GPU and build a PC that could run it by then! I really hope it's a new story and if Geralt is involved, he's a side character, not the main character. I still can't figure out exactly what the medallion is though. It almost looks like a vampire bat, but that's obviously not it.
Im hoping not Geralt too. His story came to a good conclusion in Witcher 3 and the DLC so having someone else take the reigns makes more sense. Its also apparently not “Witcher 4” so could be set in a different time period in the witcher-verse.

I do think a good time period wpuld be either when the witchers were first founded or when they were in full bloom. That is apparently the time when witchers were in high demand because there were so many monsters so alot of fighting opportunities. By Geralt’s time, monsters are closer to extinct (and thus witchers themselves were no longer seen as “necessary”)

Warhammer 40k: Darktide release date trailer

Also, while not technically a video game, Games Workshop released an announcement cinematic for a Warhammer 30K table top starter kit set during the Horus Heresy.

GameStop online will have ps5’s at 10am CT time tomorrow
If anyone is still struggling to get one, the best method I found was follow accounts on Twitter that alert you when they are in stock. Eg. PS5 Alert UK, was one I used. They rely on you tipping them £££ for the info if you want to and all genuine. I managed to snag one myself last year that way and I'm always getting alerts coming through from them about stock as they drop in.

So who is getting the Chrono Cross remaster this Thursday?
I'm more of a Trigger fan, but I'll still play through Cross.
Just for some fun, I booted up the old version (on PS2, as the PSone didn't want to play the game)
Hooked it up to a 4K tv to see how awful it would look, then a SD tv to see how we played it back in the day.

20220404_191140.jpg

Taking the pic off the screen, the 4K here is pretty pixelated.
20220404_184815.jpg

And here.
20220404_184954.jpg

And here with the camera like 3 inches from the screen.
20220404_190306.jpg

And the same but on SD.
20220404_191419.jpg

Now to wait til the remaster comes out to compare.

Am I the only one that hates remakes? It's the laziest freaking thing in the world. Make a new game or get out!
I think the problem is games are just too expensive to produce now so devs dont want to take risks. Remakes already have a preexisting fanbase and the possibility to generate a new fanbase which would justify continuing the IP.

Im not against all remakes but some are getting ridiculous like the Last of Us remake. The game is already available on PS4 and is good enough.

There hasn't been a Max Payne game in ten years, so I'll take it. I still love the original game but the PS3 version of it runs pretty poorly, so an actually optimized current gen Max Payne retelling the same story is fine with me. Also both games are apparently being folded into one big game so I'm definitely fine with that.

There hasn't been a Max Payne game in ten years, so I'll take it. I still love the original game but the PS3 version of it runs pretty poorly, so an actually optimized current gen Max Payne retelling the same story is fine with me. Also both games are apparently being folded into one big game so I'm definitely fine with that.
Are they going to actually start making single player games again? Seems bullet-time would be hard to do in multiplayer which was the selling point of the game originally. I can just see it....60 people in a level all moving in slow motion even when not using bullet time because someone else is using it :)

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back