The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

If they change KOTOR that much, there will be a riot. That company won't make any more SW games after that. Why they went for a remake over a remaster, is beyond me. It's like letting someone remake the original Star Wars.
Well you could look at it more as a remake. Just because they make a new one doesn’t mean the old one disappears. So adding a new twist isn’t a bad idea as it could add new fans to the series.

I do think there is a steady decline in the number of RPGs in the industry which is a shame though.

Well you could look at it more as a remake. Just because they make a new one doesn’t mean the old one disappears. So adding a new twist isn’t a bad idea as it could add new fans to the series.

I do think there is a steady decline in the number of RPGs in the industry which is a shame though.
When I was a kid those were my favorites

Any thing but a remake has the huge problem that you pretty much already know the twist (which was awesome). The only way to recapture that is to change that part which likely ruins the game.

Any thing but a remake has the huge problem that you pretty much already know the twist (which was awesome). The only way to recapture that is to change that part which likely ruins the game.
Well remake is usually the same story pasted on a new combat system while remaster is just a graphical update.

Remake does occasionally add or remove stuff to put it in line with sequels but usually keeps the story intact. So the fact that this is a remake means we can usually ensure that the story will remain the same.

Guys can you help me out? I’m trying to find a computer that can handle the new opd
Republic game coming out in February.

Anyone know the requirements for it? Or recommend a entry level gaming laptop?

Screenshot_20220124-100227_Chrome.jpg

Hope that helps

Guys can you help me out? I’m trying to find a computer that can handle the new opd
Republic game coming out in February.

Anyone know the requirements for it? Or recommend a entry level gaming laptop?
Good luck with that, between the chip shortage and supply chain issues, new PCs are becoming like hen's teeth and when you can find them, or parts to build them, you're going to be paying a premium. Personally, until these problems are largely resolved, I'd avoid buying or building new PC and cars for that matter too.

Good luck with that, between the chip shortage and supply chain issues, new PCs are becoming like hen's teeth and when you can find them, or parts to build them, you're going to be paying a premium. Personally, until these problems are largely resolved, I'd avoid buying or building new PC and cars for that matter too.
Any suggestion on what kind of gaming keyboard to look for?

I would like to find a nice gaming keyboard for my girlfriend though, I don’t know if there is anything special to look out for, she already has a mouse

I only just recently got into the PC gaming world (was always a console player) but do keyboards and mouses really make a difference? Unless you are playing an FPS at pro, I do think a good mouse and keyboard would be fine with the most important part being the computer’s specs (CPU, GPU, RAM) when playing a game.

KOTOR is an old game and an RPG so I think a decent modern laptop or desktop will be able to handle the game fine.

You may want to consider where you buy KOTOR though. GOG offers a DRM-free version while steam has steam DRM.

I only just recently got into the PC gaming world (was always a console player) but do keyboards and mouses really make a difference? Unless you are playing an FPS at pro, I do think a good mouse and keyboard would be fine with the most important part being the computer’s specs (CPU, GPU, RAM) when playing a game.

KOTOR is an old game and an RPG so I think a decent modern laptop or desktop will be able to handle the game fine.

You may want to consider where you buy KOTOR though. GOG offers a DRM-free version while steam has steam DRM.
I was watching YouTube videos about keyboards last night… I still don’t get what the difference is.. or the Benefit because loud clicking keys..

I literally sat watching guys typing on different boards doing sound comparisons..

I don’t get it…

I was thinking gaming keyboard would have a joystick or something.. just seems like they have leds and loud keys..

I was watching YouTube videos about keyboards last night… I still don’t get what the difference is.. or the Benefit because loud clicking keys..

I literally sat watching guys typing on different boards doing sound comparisons..

I don’t get it…

I was thinking gaming keyboard would have a joystick or something.. just seems like they have leds and loud keys..

I think the main difference is durability and the led lights. Higher quality ones have better response rates, programmable keys, etc but probably not needed unless you are planning to go pro.

No keyboard or mouse comes with a joystick but you can play computer games with a PS/Xbox controller now. Now that there are more action games on PC, you can connect a controller to your PC and play games that way as well.

Looking at KOTOR though, I think the game can only be played with keyboard. KOTOR 2 has controller support but only for the steam version.

Yeah, PC gets annoying with different versions on different storefronts.

I think the main difference is durability and the led lights. Higher quality ones have better response rates, programmable keys, etc but probably not needed unless you are planning to go pro.

No keyboard or mouse comes with a joystick but you can play computer games with a PS/Xbox controller now. Now that there are more action games on PC, you can connect a controller to your PC and play games that way as well.

Looking at KOTOR though, I think the game can only be played with keyboard. KOTOR 2 has controller support but only for the steam version.

Yeah, PC gets annoying with different versions on different storefronts.
Thanks for the response! Do you think it’s worth the programming keys for the old republic game?

And when you mr programming keys, you can assign certain buttons to pull up or do certain things right?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back