The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

I’m going to pick it up next pay day. My brothers have already bought it and say it’s really well done.

Also my copy of The Last of Us remastered just shipped as I was typing this.

I wouldnt put much weight on trophy colors. There are quite a few cases where silver or even bronze trophies are much harder to obtain than gold trophies. The only important one is the platinum imo.

How is the game though? Any notable differences from the SNES version since you mention you prefer SNES more?
Yeah, sadly that is true with trophys. Even if they are a pointless thing, I enjoy trying to collect them and to bring the whole trophy level higher.
With Turtles in Time, between the Arcade and SNES version, more levels in SNES, a lot of the sound effects are better and controls were much better.
Now if I compare the orginal SNES game on the actual SNES vs the SNES from this collection, pretty much identical. One thing I always did in the orginal, is first gonto the options, switch to hardest mode, change controls so special attack was the A button and make running a double tap of the D pad.
In this collection in the options part of Turtles in Time, you cannot change the controls or to double tap.
There are options per game on the collections menu, so I might need to explore more and try things out. Just odd they would change it like that.
Also, TMNT 2 for NES seemed more difficult than playing on NES. Maybe I was just tired.
PS4 controllers have that slight lag when using bluetooth, which was noticeable enough that I had to plug it in.

Yeah, sadly that is true with trophys. Even if they are a pointless thing, I enjoy trying to collect them and to bring the whole trophy level higher.
With Turtles in Time, between the Arcade and SNES version, more levels in SNES, a lot of the sound effects are better and controls were much better.
Now if I compare the orginal SNES game on the actual SNES vs the SNES from this collection, pretty much identical. One thing I always did in the orginal, is first gonto the options, switch to hardest mode, change controls so special attack was the A button and make running a double tap of the D pad.
In this collection in the options part of Turtles in Time, you cannot change the controls or to double tap.
There are options per game on the collections menu, so I might need to explore more and try things out. Just odd they would change it like that.
Also, TMNT 2 for NES seemed more difficult than playing on NES. Maybe I was just tired.
PS4 controllers have that slight lag when using bluetooth, which was noticeable enough that I had to plug it in.
Oh Im a trophy hunter too so not trying to dismiss or anything. Apologies if it came off that way. Im just saying that trophy color doesnt really correlate with how difficult a trophy is very often so I tend to judge the difficulty of the game by how difficult it is to get the platinum.

I am planning on getting this game when prices go down a bit so I can play coop with friends.

Oh Im a trophy hunter too so not trying to dismiss or anything. Apologies if it came off that way. Im just saying that trophy color doesnt really correlate with how difficult a trophy is very often so I tend to judge the difficulty of the game by how difficult it is to get the platinum.

I am planning on getting this game when prices go down a bit so I can play coop with friends.
Nah, didn't take it that way.
I mean, in theory, the harder it is to get, should bump it up to silver or gold, but yeah, I definitely had ridiculously hard to get bronze, and super easy golds.
I'm pretty sure, who ever makes up the awards(whats needed to get it) and their worth, doesn't even play the games.
I'm at level 299 and should be hitting 300 with a few more of these Turtles games on the collection.

So in playing more, the double tap run is there, guess I missed it, but as far as I can tell, still can't change the controls how I liked. Not a huge issue, just odd they removed that option.
I decided to try out Tournament Fighters SNES version.
Yeah, I have decided that its just a terrible game that I do not like.
They thankfully added a rewind feature with the tap of L1.
Playing this game, I was rewinding it more than playing.
Got the trophy, so I never have to play that again.
The NES version isn't good either, but wasn't really expecting a fighting game to be good for NES anyways. Rewinded through enough also for the trophy.
I'll try the Genesis version tomorrow.
I hear it has to be set to hardest mode....which I'm not exactly looking forward to.

Got this earlier for PS4. Played through TMNT II:The Arcade NES version, and also the actual arcade version. I prefere the NES.
Then Turtles in Time Arcade version. I prefere the SNES version and plan to play through by tomorrow.
Then I'll try out all the other games.
Odd that the NES games are silver trophies, yet every other game are gold. That first NES game is known to be one of the hardest Turtles games made, so they give it a silver....kinda weird.
View attachment 1612866
Just saw this post and immediately bought it :lol: (y)
Never owner Turtles in time, but I have played it and really enjoyed it, way back in the day. Hopefully it will be a blast from the past :D

I still own the NES games, so this collection sounds great.

Just saw this post and immediately bought it :lol: (y)
Never owner Turtles in time, but I have played it and really enjoyed it, way back in the day. Hopefully it will be a blast from the past :D

I still own the NES games, so this collection sounds great.
Its not a bad deal at all for 13 games, plus the Japanese versions. Over the years, I have consistently played TMNT2 and Turtles in Time. Be interesting tonsee any difference in the Japanese versions.

So got through the Genesis version of Tournament Fighters. Pretty bad....and what did they do to Raphael's head?
20220902_203458.jpg

So then got through the first NES game...without the rewind feature, there would just be NO way possible. Game Genie was the only way back in the day.
20220903_000137.jpg

It makes this meme all the more correct.
099.jpg

Since I'm stuck at home trying to get over covid, feeling a little better, decided to clean up a bit....and then got sidetracked and went through the house, collected the game systems, including my brothers, and made this.

305883523_5477201629005541_7338902372754020891_n.jpg

Both a Nintendo Direct and a Sony State of Play happened today. Trailer time for my personal picks of both events.

New God of War Ragnarok trailer

Octopath Traveler II - This time coming to all platforms. The first game never came out on a Sony console.

Crisis Core Final Fantasy VII Reunion - The prequel game to Final Fantasy VII

Fire Emblem Engage - Love me some strategy.

Goldeneye - An old classic returns for Switch and Xbox

Like a Dragon Ishin - The Yakuza franchise goes oldschool once again.

Rise of the Ronin - New Team Ninja game, good enough for me.

Front Mission Remake

Front Mission II Remake

Stellar Blade - Insane new Sony IP

Tekken 8

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of a Kingdom

Pacific Drive

Last edited:
Zelda looks fun. It looks like its not coming out in 2023 so wont compete with God of War which also looks amazing.

I guess Yakuza: Ishin is also finally leaving Japan with the PS5. I think the only one left fans are missing is Dead Souls (not sure if Fist came out in US).

Ronin also looks amazing but I still havent played Ghost of Tsushima yet (and still have a backlog to go through).

Seeing GoldenEye 007 getting a re-release just makes me sad. I really want more then ever the Rogue Squadron trilogy re-released. I will buy a Switch just for that.

Sweet merciful crap, Konami just announced Suikoden 1 and 2 remasters.

Konami must've taken notice of Eiyuden Chronicles and how the world threw a couple million dollars at it when it was announced on Kickstarter. A lot of the dev team from Suikoden 1 and 2 are working on Eiyuden Chronicle as a spiritual successor to Suikoden because Konami seemed to have abandoned it's beloved franchises. Still expecting Metal Gear news around the time they start showing trailer for the Metal Gear movie.

New Eiyuden Chronicle trailer as well

Last edited:
Rockstar says it’s two year old Pre-production footage. Many people have noticed it seems to be using several tools from the Red Dead Redemption 2 code. Screen shots of a Red Dead Redemption Remaster were discovered as well.

I saw the video of the diner robbery, but nothing else before it was taken down. What kills me is all the idiots going "Those graphics suck!" or "This game is going to be awful!" when it's obviously very early test footage! The funniest one said something like at that stage of production it looked like a finished Ubisoft game.

Spiritual successor to the Playstation's original Bushido Blade games dropping November 3rd on PSN.

Die by the Blade

When I first heard of Google's upcoming online only gaming platform (or whatever you call it) Stadia, I already had a bad feeling about it and wasn't really interested. My roommate at the time was all for it.
I'm actually surprised it lasted this long, but Covid might have actually kept it going this long, with so many people having to stay home at first.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back