The Video Game Thread - anything and everything...

Yeah Spiderman is amazing. Excited for the sequel.

Still havent played MM but i still have a backlog and the price is relatively high. I would like a Spiderman 2 release for the PS4 since getting a PS5 is still impossible. Getting it on PC with playstation launcher would be nice too.

From the latest THQ Nordic reveal show a new Jagged Alliance (3) in the works

Also a brand new RTS IP called Tempest Rising which looks promising and may be a spiritual successor to the old Command and Conquer according to the rumor mill

I know it’s a few years old, but I finished “Horizon: Zero Dawn” tonight.

Incredible game. The mechanics are awesome, graphics fantastic, and the story kept me engaged the entire time.

I’ve got “Forbidden West” all set to go, but I may play through “Stray” first…not sure. I bought this PS5 mainly for “Stray,” but there’s a pretty cool limited release physical copy coming out for it this fall, and I kind of want to wait for that.

not sure if this will be the right forum but it is video game related.... i built an arcade cab in the style of a Marshall guitar amplifier. and it still sits unfinished but only as far as that i can't get player 2 controls to work.... it runs from an odroid xu4 and has an ipac 2 controller but i cannot fir the life in me get the build of retropie to work with 2 players... each time it just swaps player 1 controls for player 2 instead of them together, even when i allocate a separate keystroke for each button and joystick. im sure theres q better forum but thought i would ask anyway.

After I upgraded my gpu I needed to find something to do with my old 960 and resale for those isn't worth the trouble for me so...
PXL_20220820_233315639.jpg

I think the box needs to get lined with LEDs

The Corsair RGB something or other case that came with my Origin PC could give you a seizure! I had to turn off the lights around the window and only kept the front fan lights and CPU cooler block light. I could care less about the lighting, but being able to change the front fan lights is kind of cool, I have to admit.

Had not occurred to me, but certainly a possibility down the road...
I do that with just about everything that I get rid of Because of that, I have tons and tons of greeblies that I haven't figured out what to use on. I should probably bundle them up and sell them off on eBay to make a little extra money off of all that old junk. :lol:

Some motherboards have interesting heatsinks and things, but most of the GPUs I've taken apart don't have anything of interest because now it's usually just a huge heatsink/fans. There's just a board underneath. I love taking stuff apart though even if you find just one cool part, even if you don't know what you're going to use it for!

Some of you would not make a good Jawa,you have the right idea about stripping the parts but you need to sell! Way old school but I have been enjoying the Castlevania collection and Capcom arcade classics.

Wow, it's been all but vaporware the last two years, but Dead Island 2 resurfaces with a new trailer, and it looks good.

Dune also getting an MMO Survival game.

Last edited:
Wow, it's been all but vaporware the last two years, but Dead Island 2 resurfaces with a new trailer, and it looks good.

I'll wait another eight years to see if this actually gets released. XD

Also, never would I have guessed that there'd be a game based on this film... Now, I can't imagine a world without it. (It's also going to be available on Steam according to their website. This is just the Playstation trailer).

Last edited:
New Callisto Protocol gameplay

Eiyuden Chronicle gets a new teaser trailer. From the original dev crew from the classic Suikoden JRPG's, Eiyuden Chronicle will be a spiritual successor to the series as one of the fastest Kickstarter funded games ever, including myself who helped in the kickstarter for the PS5 edition, although the game is coming to all platforms.
Definitely showing its classic Suikoden roots with a massive roster of over 100 potential characters, I see the trailer showing both the classic party based combat and a glimpse of the one on one dueling mechanic, but we have yet to see the army vs army mechanic from the Suikoden games. Very excited for this one. I remember 2023 seemed so far away when it first got funded back in 2021.

Got this earlier for PS4. Played through TMNT II:The Arcade NES version, and also the actual arcade version. I prefere the NES.
Then Turtles in Time Arcade version. I prefere the SNES version and plan to play through by tomorrow.
Then I'll try out all the other games.
Odd that the NES games are silver trophies, yet every other game are gold. That first NES game is known to be one of the hardest Turtles games made, so they give it a silver....kinda weird.
hero.jpeg

I've got it wishlisted. I remember playing the original NES version a friend had, but completely forgot I had the SEGA Genesis TMNT: Hyperstone Heist game. I was looking through some old Christmas pictures and saw I got it for Christmas, but can't remember anything about it!

Got this earlier for PS4. Played through TMNT II:The Arcade NES version, and also the actual arcade version. I prefere the NES.
Then Turtles in Time Arcade version. I prefere the SNES version and plan to play through by tomorrow.
Then I'll try out all the other games.
Odd that the NES games are silver trophies, yet every other game are gold. That first NES game is known to be one of the hardest Turtles games made, so they give it a silver....kinda weird.
View attachment 1612866
I wouldnt put much weight on trophy colors. There are quite a few cases where silver or even bronze trophies are much harder to obtain than gold trophies. The only important one is the platinum imo.

How is the game though? Any notable differences from the SNES version since you mention you prefer SNES more?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back