The Ultimate X-Wing Pilot Thread

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
You want measurements for the pocket itself? or for the comm to 3D print?
I have a version on thingiverse you can print for free.
The pocket is roughly 5.5" square with a 2" square window centered inside it.
542cbcfc2ac1e1dc206ed1da0000c0d6.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Darth Lars

Master Member
I suggest that you would size the pocket from the dimension of the comm pad you get so that they match. The square window on the pocket is slightly larger than the raised square in the middle of the comm pad.
The pocket itself is not square: the top border is wider to prevent the pad from falling out through the opening.

piggylumps

Thank you chaps.

I have already printed the unit out, but couldn't find any decent pictures of the pocket, thank you Trooper_Trent for rectifying that one for me.

Does anyone fix these in place with Velcro or glue, or does everyone leave these loose in the pocket?

Thanks again

greg883

Thank you chaps.

I have already printed the unit out, but couldn't find any decent pictures of the pocket, thank you Trooper_Trent for rectifying that one for me.

Does anyone fix these in place with Velcro or glue, or does everyone leave these loose in the pocket?

Thanks again

Try a strip of the "hook" side of "hook and loop" tape on the back of the commpad. Usually that has enough grab to keep it in place without having to sew the "loop" onto the sleeve.

Zeke1

Hi all, does anyone know where to find the patterns for the various pockets (ie: code cylinders, comm pad, etc) on the flightsuit? Every place I've found so far as led me back to the Rebel Legion website but all the pics and links appear to be defunct. :(

I don't know if he's a member here but a big shout out to Jerrick Sunrunner at the Rebel Legion for having backups of the patterns that I spent weeks looking for. Thanks man!

I'm posting them here for anyone else looking.

CC_Taschen_en.png Chect Pocket.jpg Left Arm Tool.jpg Leg Pockets.jpg Right Arm Pocket.jpg

Zeke1

So what's the agreed upon method to attach the "leg harness" to the rest of the suit?
It goes up under the flak vest and then what?

Attachments

• harness.JPG
    harness.JPG
    22.6 KB · Views: 5

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
So what's the agreed upon method to attach the "leg harness" to the rest of the suit?
It goes up under the flak vest and then what?

In the movie it is simple pinned to the suit.

LukeStrap.jpg

I myself attach it with velcro inside of the front of the vest for easy attachment and removal.

However, if you are doing the The Empire Strikes Back version with the jacket, it goes under the jacket.

Zeke1

In the movie it is simple pinned to the suit.

View attachment 1506388

I myself attach it with velcro inside of the front of the vest for easy attachment and removal.

However, if you are doing the The Empire Strikes Back version with the jacket, it goes under the jacket.
I'm doing the jumpsuit version from A New Hope.

I like your velcro idea but where did you find a place to stitch the velcro to the vest while not stitching through the vest's "ribbing"?

Mara Jade's Father

Master Member
I'm doing the jumpsuit version from A New Hope.

I like your velcro idea but where did you find a place to stitch the velcro to the vest while not stitching through the vest's "ribbing"?

I just used a good brand of self sticking velcro. You can use fabric glue or even hold it on with a really good two sided tape like 3M or Gorilla.

Trooper_trent

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I made mine with a small 1/4" life jacket style clip/buckle to the underside of the vest for easy removal. It's sewn to the back and clips in the front.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.