The Ultimate X-Wing Pilot Thread

Here are my gloves:
x_wing_gloves.jpg

Now, here is a question about chest box buttons. What do you think of mine? Its a Mr. Bojangles kit, where I painted the buttons on the back and glued them on.

x_wing_chest_box.jpg

I kind of like the look but do they look like ANH buttons? Should I take some wetsand paper to them to 'fog' them up? What do you all think? Any HD screencaps of ANH chest box buttons?

Last edited by a moderator:
That looks great...although the screenused ones used translucent perspex pieces that were already tinted the appropriate colors (think stained glass). That kind of has its own look. I'm not familiar with what the squares in the (very nice looking!) bojangles box are made of.

A very minor point, I think your box looks fine. I think painting them on the back was a good idea (as opposed to on the front).

That looks great...although the screenused ones used translucent perspex pieces that were already tinted the appropriate colors (think stained glass). That kind of has its own look. I'm not familiar with what the squares in the (very nice looking!) bojangles box are made of.

A very minor point, I think your box looks fine. I think painting them on the back was a good idea (as opposed to on the front).

THANKS!

....but that nagging voice in my head keeps wondering about the whole 'authentic' look. Damn...... :angel

I have a Mr. B. chest box too. I ordered mine "complete," so I didn't do any painting or assembly on mine.
It's a great looking piece! Yours came out awesome! I wouldn't futz around with it.

Damn! Those gloves look great. You need to hook me up with your supplier (wow props are like drugs!)

As for the chestbox, mine is a heavily modified Richie's kit, and since I did ESB colouring I made my own buttons. What you did looks really nice. I don't think it looks terribly inaccurate, just not exactly what was used in the film (which admittedly does look a bit cheesy up close so your version is more 'real")

Drop me a PM. We need to seriously get together and compare notes.

I have a Mr. B. chest box too. I ordered mine "complete," so I didn't do any painting or assembly on mine.
It's a great looking piece! Yours came out awesome! I wouldn't futz around with it.

Thanks SJ! I ordered mine and asked that the buttons not be attached. next I am going to pry off the knob and replace it with an Elvistrooper metal one! :love

Thanks everyone! I guess I'll leave the buttons alone. :)

Hey, has anyone seen the "costumebay" X-Wing flightsuits on ebay? Just noticed those listed last night.
I was wondering if anyone had one, or had opinions about thier accuracy. I'd like to update my homemade Dickie's flightsuit at some point.

From what I've read, most costumebay costumes are cheap for a reason. If you want a good flightsuit, I'd get a real one. (I haven't seen their pilot costume, I'm just going off of what I've heard for their other products.)

Hey, has anyone seen the "costumebay" X-Wing flightsuits on ebay? Just noticed those listed last night.
I was wondering if anyone had one, or had opinions about thier accuracy. I'd like to update my homemade Dickie's flightsuit at some point.

My seamstress made mine. She can do more. I can post pics soon. We poured over screencaps so the flight suit and vest are pretty accurate.

Well, we will soon know for sure - as I just ordered one. Someone had to take one for the team!

Merely from looking at them they are obviously rife with inaccuracies - the flak vest is REALLY bad - but I thought it was worth finding out about. The flightsuit actually looks fairly accurate, although I expect it to be very thin fabric, and many people have complained that their sizes run small.

We'll see - I'll post an appraisal when I get it.

Rick

Rick, look forward to your review. :thumbsup
I had actually sent them a message asking if I could order only the orange jumpsuit. They said no, they only sell it as a set.
Even for the price it was selling for, from the pics anyway, it looked a little better than my homemade Dickies suit.

Ok, I'm a bigger guy (6'1" and 280lbs) and so far I am not having much luck getting my hands on a cheap orange jumpsuit that I can mod. Any suggestions?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back