The ULTIMATE Freddy mask

Magic Man

This is it. Lance from Xtreme Design FX went out to California and sculpted this mask to be cast in silicone by another artist named Rusty. This is the END ALL, BE ALL of Freddy masks. Moves with your face, just like the real thing. And the detail is absolutely incredible. It isn't modeled after any specific movie, just the best parts from every movie with Kevin Yagher as the main influence to the look of this piece. As a huge Freddy fan, this is the most incredible thing I have ever seen.

Hopefully Lance chimes in with more information, but here is the video of the mask in action posted with his permission.

http://www.xtremedesignfx.com/fredmovie1.mov

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Apr 6 2006, 01:18 PM
I have been selling off a lot of my collection so I can afford this. Everyone go to the junkyard, now.
[snapback]1221095[/snapback]​

thats frackin awesome.

are they THAT expensive?

CG, i see your selling your fortune teller box that you looked so hard for.

I just mentioned to my wife yesterday that I needed to add Freddy to go with Jason, Michael, and Leatherface for my haunted backyard. She even asked...can't you just buy a mask? Hmm...well I guess I can now ;)

Originally posted by Jedidentist@Apr 6 2006, 12:44 PM
I just mentioned to my wife yesterday that I needed to add Freddy to go with Jason, Michael, and Leatherface for my haunted backyard.  She even asked...can't you just buy a mask?  Hmm...well I guess I can now ;)
[snapback]1221116[/snapback]​

Hey, she can't argue. It was HER idea. ;)

Originally posted by Ben_Forsaken@Apr 6 2006, 02:28 PM
no it's silicone. It's supposed to last and last and last and.....
[snapback]1221151[/snapback]​

thats awesome...

but once you have the moulds and technique down, do these things cost so much to make to justify the 700 price tag?

ouch.

worth it... possibly, but too rich for my blood for a non SW mask. :(

was hoping it would be closer to the 3-400 dollar mark, oh well maybe one will end up in the JY one day...

is this a small run, or is it something thats going to be around for a while?

You have to keep in mind the amount of time it takes to paint one of these...

Having painted a Freddy mask before...it's a loooooong time.

yeah painting a latex Freddy takes me hours, I can't imagine how long it takes to paint a silicone one. I know the paint techniques are completely different.

As for the price? I think it's because it's a small somewhat limited run.

And you gotta look at who sculpted it, that's a bad man right there. :D

word, could it be purchased without the paint and details?

not that i could match that, just outa curiousity.

it is an awesome piece though.

I don't know. Lance will probably be along soon to answer questions. From what I understand it's going to be a limited run, though.

Very Cool.. out of my rang, and not a huge freddie fan.. but, that is definatly a sweet looking mask.

So, Silicone? Like the rubber used on divers masks? nice.

This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back