The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

Hey guys!

Finally got around to making some more adapters. The adapter is meant to be undersized to a real BP so that a few pieces of tape can make a nice tight fit without damaging the balance pipe at all.

The adapter has a small lip extending from the bottom that fits into the grenade stem in order to keep the whole assembly well centered.

I'll put a post in the JY in a while but thought I'd post here first. Some of these are already spoken for, so if you want an adapter check the thread out!

1213BABA-F059-48D9-8A3C-0172499CB37E.jpeg
D1C3F32B-C5CB-48E0-B705-6A50AB8D02ED.jpeg
9227EFD2-F203-402E-8420-18E47E232D81.jpeg
225975BD-AB29-4F75-8701-F71A19CC91CF.jpeg
6CE564F5-1AC9-4ADF-88AC-4FEA04D3DA14.jpeg

Well ok i think its time i posted my silver lining. I have been waiting for everything to come in but sadly it looks like the hidders are lost in the mail. Luckily these were not and arrived the beginning of last month after patiently waiting since December of last year when i made the deal. And i am happy to say it was a pretty amazing deal i managed to pull off.

View attachment 1297068View attachment 1297069
Respect...

Different strokes for different folks I guess. I used to be happy with a couple of replicas but I got sucked into the real parts world. I spent what is a lot of money to me on my parts but nowhere near what a lot of others guys have spent and there's no way in the world I can afford to spend or even justify spending 5k+ on a balance pipe. That's about the same as what my car is worth!

I've picked up some parts for a song compared to what they're going for lately. 2-5k for a 2 step MPP - forget it!

I like doing the searching as well, you get to find a little bit out about history in the process. But that's just me.

But I agree, the real parts pricing has got out of hand, not just in the community but in the real world too now that a lot of vendors are clued into what the parts are used for. I call it the Star Wars tax.
Same goes for Bitcoin, Dogecoin, rare actual real coins, most US stocks, US real estate in any large city, etc, etc. It’s asset inflation. I wish I could convince myself things will eventually relax back to sanity without an ugly, ugly crash...

Also who put that up in the auction? 4k starting point? So they managed to get all the parts for under 4k? Seems suspicious to me considering the prop store surely knows what these parts have been trading for in the last decade. Just saying... im open to debate on this. Theres only a hand full of people that managed to put one together for under 4k possibly. Way back in 2010-13ish.

Well if it goes for 13k or less we are going to have to rethink the value of the parts.
If it’s real it won’t and that statement is completely wrong. Many have paid a strong price for parts we’d rather hold. My guess is either they got the parts early on or it’s a desperate sale for cash. I don’t recognize who’s it is.

Here's the link.

Last edited:
If it’s real it won’t and that statement is completely wrong. Many have paid a strong price for parts we’d rather hold. My guess is either they got it parts early on or it’s a desperate sale for cash. I don’t recognize who’s it is.

Here's the link.

The statement is not wrong. This is a high profile auction right? So what ever it sells for is going to be what a lot of people base the overall value on.
I think everyone on this thread knows better and i think you got what i meant with how i worded that statement. Your response was expected and welcomed. And i agree with what you said. I guess this all comes back around to what we think this saber is worth. 4k? 10k? 13k? More?

The RPF is literally the experts on this prop. What do we think its worth?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back