The Ultimate Ben Obi-Wan Kenobi Real Vintage Parts Lightsaber Group

We talked about this on some thread, we had guessed it's either glue or a sloppy weld/brazing job. Its positive instead of negative space but the photo is tricky.

Hi. Just wanted to pick everyone's brains on these fella's...

s-l1600.jpg

I'm aware they're not the correct version for a real parts OW, but they seem to be different to the 80s Starlite too (wider groove)?

Just wondered if anyone had encountered any like this before? I've been on the lookout for a genuine Starlite handwheel for a while, and these were going for £20. I know they're not the correct style, but still, thought i'd bag'em anyway! They haven't arrived yet, so I'm not sure how they compare in size to the other versions? I know the 80's version is slightly bigger, but these appear to be different still.

Anyway, first (kind of) real parts find! :p And so begins what I fear will be a slippery slope!

They look like they belong in a shower or bathtub. Not accurate to the Obi saber, but for that price definitely worth picking up just to have.

I have a stupid question, regarding Bill Fimm's photos of his parts specifically, and about the real parts in general:

The metal used for the top pieces here, is it brass? If I call the three different bits showing the shaft above the ring, the ring, and the shaft below the ring, are the three the same metal, or two or three different metals? Thanks!

(The grenade, I suppose, is cast iron.)

51I7sxI.jpg

I have a stupid question, regarding Bill Fimm's photos of his parts specifically, and about the real parts in general:

The metal used for the top pieces here, is it brass? If I call the three different bits showing the shaft above the ring, the ring, and the shaft below the ring, are the three the same metal, or two or three different metals? Thanks!

(The grenade, I suppose, is cast iron.)

Yes, the stem and wind vane ring are all brass; the stem is one complete piece and the ring just screws on loosely. The frag body is made of steel.

I feel like I've read Roman say that the frag bodies have a higher iron or carbon content, because he changed his grenade bodies to a more accurate alloy?

Dr Jones Sr, good eye for the difference in brass patina on this particular Hales No. 3 Mk I grenade. Edraven99 is absolutely correct. The stem, wind vane, and wind vane ring material is brass, while the grenade frag body is steel. The stem and wind vane assembly on the Hales grenade that bill fimm pictured were likely not sourced from the same Hales grenade, as seen in the pre-restoration photo here. The patina on the brass pieces post-restoration is slightly different as a result.

BC629C3C-3C92-4621-8FE9-66F1AC220B60.jpeg

Well i managed to get my money back from that horrible spitfire deal. I had to make a pp claim. That guy is not a very nice fellow. He resorted to calling me names and threatening me. I got my money back before he got his boosters back which really set him off. And the minute he got them they went back on his site for sale as original and authentic!!! And my guess is they are at least what i paid for them. 1250gbp each. So as promised i am posting a bunch of pics of the spitfire boosters to hopefully help the community spot a fake.

20190910_211312.jpg
20190910_211359.jpg
20190910_204007.jpg
20191215_111008.jpg
20191215_111028.jpg
20191215_111139.jpg
20190904_221033.jpg
20190904_221018.jpg
20190904_220939.jpg
20190904_220915.jpg

Well done getting your money back. 1250 quid is a lot to lose on a fake item.

I was in contact with him a while back regarding these and expressed my concern about the authenticity of these - he told me they were 100% genuine. Not on at all.

Well done getting your money back. 1250 quid is a lot to lose on a fake item.

I was in contact with him a while back regarding these and expressed my concern about the authenticity of these - he told me they were 100% genuine. Not on at all.
Thanks. And that is what he claims. But after some of the things he told me i can guarantee he is untrustworthy. its done now. And i am on to better things. I have new stuff to show you guys and am working on some really cool new ventures.

It's sad when people have to be weird about stuff, especially when it's something that's supposed to be fun. I know a lot of us put a lot of time and resources into this hobby, and when you run into those situations it completely sucks the fun out for a while.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back