The Shining Paper prop

AnsonJames

Sr Member
Here's a nice paper prop for you all.
I did some work on this because when I originally got it the Overlook hotel writing was very, very soft - I got a screen grab from the DVD reduced it to the correct size and cloned it across to the photo and then cleaned it up pixel by pixel.
The one stipulation I have is that this is not to be reproduced for ebay although the one time I tried to get a copy from there I was stiffed quite badly.
A seller called underground replicaz failed to send me a copy in a frame and then left me a neg after I negged him - I then had to use square trade to remove the neg costing me a further $29 on top of the $45 I originally paid to recieve nothing - lovely...

Here it is - I'll email a higher res version (10.5mb) if anyone wants it.

logoappend.jpg

I've marked it so I can tell it's the copy I enhanced.

Anson

Edited for spellages

Dude. Thanks. You did a great job. Printing out and putting in a frame in my collection room now.

Thanks so much for sharing.

George

Thanks for sharing :D Might wanna put a link in the great free paper props thread.

There are some photos of the hotel that stood in for the exterior at the Library of Congress' site...

-Mike

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy.

All work
and no play
makes Jack
a dull boy.

All work
and no play
makes Jack
a dull boy.

ALLWORKANDNOPLAYMAKESJACKADULLBOYALLWORKANDNOPLAYMAKESJACKADULLBOY

Well? What do you think? :D

Originally posted by creamedgeezer@Apr 16 2006, 12:17 PM
Great job. Thanks a ton. How big should I have it printed to be accurate?

Thanks,
Jeff
[snapback]1227281[/snapback]​

I think it's probably around A4 size but I'm not 100 percent.

Anson

Hello all,

I just got an email from the ebay seller(underground_replicaz)that took my money, failed to send my item, left me negative feedback, refused to let square trade remove the negative he left me until I stopped asking for a refund.
This is what it said;

'If I send you tracking info on a new Shining pic will you remove my Ebay name from your Forum Post? Also not post this message. LMK, i can do it ASAP.

Thanks'

So I presume this guy is a member here?
It amazes me this guy can screw me over so badly - costing me $70 for nothing and only offering a replacement three months after the fact because I've 'outed' him.

Karma's a bitch aint it?

Thanks man. That's a lot of work - and it's very cool of you to share.
PLUS, I get to add "underground replicaz" to my do not trade list. If anyone gets his screen name, please PM me.

-Raj

Do you think he's going to send you a print-out of your own jpg? Now that would be chutzpah.

Added to my do-not-trade list as well. Looks like you weren't the only person having problems with UR.

Originally posted by juno@Apr 16 2006, 03:30 PM
Do you think he's going to send you a print-out of your own jpg?  Now that would be chutzpah.

Added to my do-not-trade list as well.  Looks like you weren't the only person having problems with UR.
[snapback]1227317[/snapback]​

Now with a bit of luck enough people will know about him to not trade with him in the first place - the way this joker operates I wouldn't be surprised if he did send a print out of the jpeg I've posted. :rolleyes

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back