The Shining Paper prop

Originally posted by ssdesigner@Apr 16 2006, 03:50 PM
Anyone have any screen grabs of this image as it was presented in the film? I'd like to get the frame the same as the screen used one. Here is one on Ebay now who claims that the frame is the same:

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt...6lr%3D%26sa%3DN

-Ss
[snapback]1227331[/snapback]​

Here's some screen grabs.

shiningcap.jpg

PDVD_000.jpg

I've seen those frames in Ireland, they're pretty close - that's where that seller is from too.

I've been talking with Anson and we are going to do a shirt with his nicely done artwork. Here's the idea I had in mind:

The interest thread is in the junkyard HERE.

-Ss

There is some white space around the photo inside the frame, does anyone think it was matted?? The frame looks like a pretty generic, square-cut black frame...which is cool. Shouldn't be to hard to find (heads over to framesbymail.com :p )

-Ss

What do you guys think the correct size is for printing? I had assumed it was 8x10..now I'm not sure
Anson..thanks for offering this.

Originally posted by burningman@Apr 16 2006, 10:11 AM
What do you guys think the correct size is for printing? I had assumed it was 8x10..now I'm not sure
Anson..thanks for offering this.
[snapback]1227363[/snapback]​

I think what was posted before is 100% correct. It's A4, which is 11" x 14".

-Ss

The one I have is supposed to be a scan of the original. It fits in an 8X10 frame very nicely. :)

[image]http://www.restrainingbolt.com/otherprops/pics/misc/shining-pic.jpg[/image]

PS - I noticed that the image in the ebay auction has been cropped on both sides compared to mine. If you look at mine, you can see all of the woman at the bottom right and also some space to the left of the man in the bottom left. The top is severly cropped as well.

Compare the screen grabs to mine. It's dead-nuts on.

(sorry about the yellow tint to my pic, It was taken with my new camera before I figured out how to remove that)

Originally posted by Ivanhotep@Apr 17 2006, 10:15 AM
Never noticed Groucho Marx in that picture before.
[attachmentid=7667][attachmentid=7668]
:lol

"The other night, I 'corrected' my wife in my pajamas. How my wife got in my pajamas, I'll never know."

But seriously, great work on the photo, AnsonJames. Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

I've just got another email from the ebay seller (underground_replicaz) that stole my money and then left me a neg just to be malicious;

' So then I suppose the money I am out on sending your item via REGULAR MAIL because you were to thrifty to ship it correctly is my fault and I should just keep losing on this? I said I would send another with a tracking number the right way. If you dont want it cool, if you post things about me cool, whatever.

Thanks'

It takes three months and a mention of his antics in this thread for him to offer a replacement (bit late now obviously) he's saying it's all my fault because I opted for USPS postage - his original shipping quote was off the scale.
How do people like this sleep at night?
Still it sounds like I upset him :lol

Edited for spellage.

Originally posted by adamata@Apr 17 2006, 03:14 AM
PS - I noticed that the image in the ebay auction has been cropped on both sides compared to mine.  If you look at mine, you can see all of the woman at the bottom right and also some space to the left of the man in the bottom left.  The top is severly cropped as well.
[snapback]1227648[/snapback]​
I'm noticing that as well. Even having gone through all of my old pictures of this, why are they all cropped? Does anyone have a copy of this that is true to the original?

I dunno guys,

I checked a few vintage photos I have around here and they're 8X10. The white border is also common, recurring feature.

For me. I'm creating a new 8X10 Photoshop image, pasting the picture in, resizing it to give me a 1/2" border and printing it off of that...but hey, that's just me :)

Steve

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(temponaut @ Apr 17 2006, 12:00 AM) [snapback]1227660[/snapback]</div>
Originally posted by Ivanhotep@Apr 17 2006, 10:15 AM
Never noticed Groucho Marx in that picture before.
[attachmentid=7667][attachmentid=7668]
:lol

"The other night, I 'corrected' my wife in my pajamas. How my wife got in my pajamas, I'll never know."

But seriously, great work on the photo, AnsonJames. Thanks for sharing it with us. :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup
[/b]

That's not Grouch marx, it's Nikola Tesla.

tesla.jpg

db

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back