The RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest - WINNERS ANNOUNCED

Re: *** the RPF 2012 Halloween Costume Contest ***

I'm new to the forum and can't find the gallery for the halloween contest photos, can somebody post a link?

Just wanted to clear something up regarding questions:

Any questions that you don't want to post in this thread can be PM'd directly to me. Please don't bother the Mods with this unless you have an issue that I can't help you with.

Also, I'm on here a lot but please don't send me 5 PM's with the same question just because I don't get back to you within an hour. I will reply to your questions and am happy to help, give me 24 hours to get back to you before sending another PM.

:)

Hi Orange_Blend,
Someone posted a question whether it would be possible for the winner to receive a amazon.uk.co gift card in case the winner lives in Europe?
I haven't seen your answer or must have overlooked it. :confused

Hi Orange_Blend,
Someone posted a question whether it would be possible for the winner to receive a amazon.uk.co gift card in case the winner lives in Europe?
I haven't seen your answer or must have overlooked it. :confused

Never got a response... Will pester them again!

Haha Thanks much appreciated! Now I must win this contest to make your effort worthwhile! :eek :love

Hi, I am a new member so I am not sure on if I can enter or not. I made costumes for my kids from Legend of the Seeker and I would like to enter a picture of them together. I don't have any progress pictures though because I made them for DragonCon and it was last minutes so I only had a couple of days to make them and didn't stop for pics. Can I still enter? And would I enter them for group since there are two of them in the pic or kids under 12 since they are 4 and 5? Thanks:)

Did you get an answer on whether to put them in Group or Kids Under 12. I have two as well 5 & 6 but I don't think kids should be judged against adults. I know last year there were a few siblings entered together in the kids. Is this still ok?

I must have missed that post! It's a tough call. On one hand you want them competing against people their own age and on the other it may be considered unfair to post an entry in the kids that has more than an individual would be able to show.

Here's how I'm going to interpret the rules:

If you have multiple children you can enter them EITHER individually in the kids section or as a group with the adults. You cannot enter them as a group/couple in the kids section.

If you choose to enter them individually you will need to create a build thread for each costume and submit two images to the gallery. In your build thread however feel free to post pics of them together and tell about how you made the costumes to work in tandem. Also feel free to post a link to the other build thread in your initial post.

Hope that makes things simpler for folks with multiple children. :)

Good call.
It's hard for individuals to compete with the "cute factor" of a matching group of kids.

One more all-nighter and I should have time to post up a build thread:thumbsup

In answer to our non-American entrants:

An equivalent of the prize will be offered to you if you do not want the Amazon.com gift card due to not being able to use it in your country.

Be sure to let us know as soon as the contest closes. :)

Good call.
It's hard for individuals to compete with the "cute factor" of a matching group of kids.

One more all-nighter and I should have time to post up a build thread:thumbsup

Completely get that point however its even harder for a 5 and 6 year old to compete against each other is the same house :( Especially if there costumes are themed.... Unfortunatly they have yet to learn good sportsment ship with in the family. LOL If they are competing against others they have very good spirits even if they loose. My son last year was so happy to come in second place and asked me if I could make him a costume like the 1st place winner lol HOWEVER, Brother against Sister... Different world!

So Guess I'm going to have to put them in the group...

Completely get that point however its even harder for a 5 and 6 year old to compete against each other is the same house :( Especially if there costumes are themed.... Unfortunatly they have yet to learn good sportsment ship with in the family. LOL If they are competing against others they have very good spirits even if they loose. My son last year was so happy to come in second place and asked me if I could make him a costume like the 1st place winner lol HOWEVER, Brother against Sister... Different world!

So Guess I'm going to have to put them in the group...

I thought about that. It would just be unfair to submit them together in the kids area. If it were my kids I would just tell them that since they can't be put in together that they're still on a "team" and any prize would be split between them.

Would work for my kids, don't know about yours.

I thought about that. It would just be unfair to submit them together in the kids area. If it were my kids I would just tell them that since they can't be put in together that they're still on a "team" and any prize would be split between them.

Would work for my kids, don't know about yours.

Good Food For thought... I still have some time. I wont be taking the "good" pics till the halloween party on the 30th so I have some time to think it though. Guess I'll see what kind of single vs group pic I take. Also talk to them about it give them the option to do it either way. Seprate the costumes are cute but together they just complement eachother so well. But what shows up in person vs film could be the derminating factor. I just got a new camera.. Lol haven't had much time to learn how to use it. We'll see Thanks for ur help Orange!

Voting again?? I am not surprised. The winner is going to be the best "political begger" with the most fake Facebook friends and just another popularity contest. I think there should be judges not voting as it is too unsecure.

Well I haven't seen this one asked yet...but here I go again...will the voting be limited to members only?

Well I haven't seen this one asked yet...but here I go again...will the voting be limited to members only?

As a matter of fact:

I can confirm that indeed you do have to be a registered member to vote and there are safeguards in place to help prevent voter fraud.

And:

Voting again?? I am not surprised. The winner is going to be the best "political begger" with the most fake Facebook friends and just another popularity contest. I think there should be judges not voting as it is too unsecure.

Contests are an advertising opportunity for the site and if it's all kept within the community there is no outreach. As mentioned in this post though you have to be a registered member in order to vote so "fake" Facebook friends would have to register, log in, and vote.

This GREATLY lessens the amount of folks who are going to vote from outside the site and hopefully the ones that do register stay and become active members.

Some of our contests are judged but I think you'll find that the majority will be voted on by our membership (as has usually been the case in past without problem).

Last edited:

Hey there, quick question. :$ Can the background of the gallery pic be photoshopped?
I can only find pictures of myself in the costume standing in front of ugly convention center walls. :lol

Thank you!

This thread is more than 11 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back