RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
It is that time of year again! Time for the RPF's Halloween Costume Contest! 2013 marks our fourth annual Halloween Costume contest! This year we are giving away $1,500 in prizes!
One of the best aspects of the RPF is seeing all the incredible costumes (and props) built and worn by our members! From Man of Steel to the Wolverine, and Dredd to Kick Ass (as well as the ever-present Iron Man), this has been another year of inspiring movies and inspiring costumes! Not only that, but with the rise of cosplay, we are seeing our hobby explode into the mainstream. But, best of all, our members STILL have some of the most awesome costumes on the net, and our Replica Costume Forum is the most popular forum on our site! So, here is your chance to strut your stuff, gain fame AND fortune!
Contest Rules and Submissions:
Please read the rules before submitting your costume as not following them may result in your disqualification from the contest!
- You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! Click this link to register.
- You can only enter YOUR costume; not the costume of a boyfriend, wife, etc. Obviously, if you are a parent, you can enter your child’s costume on their behalf. If you are entering a group, make sure you have permission from everyone in the group. Also, please note that only the winning person who posted the group photo will receive a prize, not each member in the group.
- One entry per person (if you are a parent, you can enter your child as well as yourself)
- You MUST have a build thread for your entry!
- If you've previously won in any category you will not be permitted to re-enter the costume for which you won.
- If you entered the contest previously and were NOT a winner, you can enter your costume again, but you cannot use the same photo as last year.
- No store-bought costumes! If it came from Wal-Mart, this probably isn't the contest for you. (Staff reserves the right to deny entry or disqualify an entry based on source of costume.)
There are four steps to entering this contest;
- First, you must create a build thread, here in the Replica Costume Forum with the title: "[Your board name]'s 2013 Halloween Costume Contest Entry"
In the first post of your thread, tell us about your costume, how you created it, any challenges you faced along the way and any details about the costume that you are particularly proud of having created. While it is not required, we'd also like you to include a little about your skill and experience as a costume builder and any tips you might like to share. This is also an opportunity for you to show off in progress photos (see below) of your costume as well as additional images of your finished costume (as you can only post ONE photo in the gallery for your entry.)
- Second, you must post at least two "progress photos" into your build thread, showing your progress as you build your costume.
- Third, you must post a proof photo into your build thread, "proving" this is your costume in order to dissuade those who might simply submit a random photo from off the internet. The "proof" photo needs to be you, in costume, with either a sheet of paper that says "The RPF Costume Contest 2013" or a photo of you in costume with your computer in the background with therpf.com up on the computer. This is a very important step, so make sure to include your "proof" photo when entering!.
- Finally, post a SINGLE good, clear photo of your costume into the RPF Gallery under the Contests->2013-10-Halloween Contest folder. This entry photo CAN NOT have any photo manipulation in it (ie: Photoshop).
The title of your entry should include your board name and the name of your costume.
We once again have FOUR categories this year, with a first place winner for each category, a runner up for each category, and a judge's pick for each category.
The categories are:
- Females in costume
- Males in costume
- Kids (12 and under) in costume
- New member (less than a year on the site as of Oct 1, 2013) in costume
How are winners determined?
We will accept entries through Nov 4 at 10 PM PST (so you have time to submit your Halloween photos).
On Nov 7, we will open the gallery to voting and have the members vote* on the winners through Nov 11 at 10PM PST.
At the same time as the public vote, a panel of judges will choose one entry from each category as a "judge's pick."
Winners will be announced on or about Nov 13, 2013.
*We allow ONE vote per IP address.
What are the prizes?
- Female in costume - first place - $250 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Female in costume – runner up - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Female in costume – judge's pick - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Male in costume - first place - $250 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Male in costume – runner up - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Male in costume – judge's pick - $125 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Kid in costume - first place - $100 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Kid in costume - runner up - $50 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- Kid in costume - judge's pick - $50 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- New member in costume - first place - $150 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- New member in costume – runner up - $75 Gift Card to Amazon.com
- New member in costume – judge's pick - $75 Gift Card to Amazon.com
Participation in the RPF 2013 Halloween Costume Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your agreement to be bound by these Official Rules.
Sponsor: Movie Prop Sites, LLC acting as the RPF
Eligibility: You MUST be a registered member of therpf.com! If you are not a registered member, click this link to register.
Entry: To enter, see Entry Submission section above. There is a limit of ONE entry per member, except as noted above. By submitting an entry, you agree that your entry may be used for promotional purposes.
Contest Period: The Contest begins at the time this message is posted and ends Nov 4nd, 2013 at 10:00pm PST.
Prize: See What are the prizes? section above. All federal, state and/or local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner.
Notification: The winners will be notified by private message on therpf.com’s forums on or about the date that the Contest results are published to therpf.com (roughly around Nov 13, 2013). If winners do not respond to notification within 15 days, they forfeit their prize.
Intellectual Property: You agree that therpf.com may use the Entry Submission, or any portions or elements of the Entry Submission, as described in these Official Rules without any payment or other obligation whatsoever to you. If you are selected as a Winner, you agree to assign and hereby do assign to therpf.com all of your rights, title and interest in the Submission. You represent and warrant that you are (a) the author/creator of the Submission, (b) that you are the present and sole owner of all right, title and interest in and to the Entry Submission, (c) that it is an original work, (d) that you have the full, exclusive and unconditional right and authorization to submit the Submission, and (f) that no third party has any rights in or to the Submission. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless therpf.com, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns, from and against any and all claims, demands, expenses, losses or liabilities including but not limited to reasonable attorney's fees and punitive damages that may be asserted against or incurred by them at any time in connection with the Submission, or any use thereof, including, without limitation, those arising from any breach, or alleged breach, of the warranties, representations and promises provided by you in these Official Rules.
Coolc - Child 1
Coolc - Child 2
runkrod - Child 1
runkrod - Child 2
6 finger wizard