RPF 2011 Halloween Contest Winners!

Discussion in 'Replica Costumes' started by Art Andrews, Nov 15, 2011.

1. Art Andrews

Art Andrews Community Owner Community Staff

We have our winner's and runners-up from our second costume contest!

Before we announce them, we would like to send out a heart-felt thank you to all who entered! It takes a lot of courage to put yourself up on the chopping block to be judged by your peers! You totally blew us away with your hard work and amazing costumes and we are thrilled to see how many of you are raising your children to be the next generation of costume and prop fans!

As this was our second time running the contest, we had a few missteps along the way and a few learning lessons that will help us make the contest even better next year and we appreciate your patience as we learn.

So, without further commentary, here are your winners:

Phizzle127 - Captain America: First Avenger
    aelynn000 - Rapunzel from Tangled
    IndieFilmGeek - Iron Man Mark IV Armor
    [​IMG]

mostlymade - The Maitlands from Beetlejuice
    Pokeman - Mystique from x-men
    TeresaMRoberts - Captain James Hook
    [​IMG]

Thank you again to everyone who entered! We are looking forward to what you have to show us next year!

2. darienvader

darienvader Well-Known Member

CONGRATULATIONS everyone!!!

3. CoolDad

CoolDad Member

Amazing costumes. You are are astounding with your abilities. Thank you for sharing and congratulations.

4. kelldar

kelldar Well-Known Member

congrats all! :)

5. HaloGoddess

HaloGoddess New Member

The mystique costume is awesome! I honestly feel that a costume like that takes a lot of guts to do! XD I would feel a little stragne being in public wearing something like that, but that's just me.

Congrats to everyone though. :)

6. Phizzle127

Phizzle127 Member

Congrats to ALL! There were a ton of great costumes, and I'm truly appreciative to those who cast their votes for my costume. Thanks! :)

7. DoubleD

DoubleD Sr Member

Incredible costumes this year in every category. It was really hard to choose just one entry from all the great costumes. I'm already looking forward to next year!

8. Izzzie

Izzzie Member

Incredible work by all who entered, and the winners and runners up must be so proud to be representative of such a wide range of talent. Well done all!!! :D

9. Ectomac

Ectomac New Member

Those are great! Congratulations, everyone!

10. paulv70

paulv70 Well-Known Member

There were certainly a lot of great costumes this year and congratulations to the winners and to everyone who entered.

11. mbmcfarland

mbmcfarland Sr Member

Congratulations!

I had to vote for you. I saw your costume in person at Baltimore Comic Con and was totally blown away!

12. MalmeyStudios

MalmeyStudios Sr Member

Congrats To all the winners and partipants! I think I came in like 5th which is a HUGE Honor Considering all of the talented artist and amazing costumes!

Phil a HUGE congrats to you as I followed your progress from star and you got my vote as well!!

Jon, Congrats on the kids costume you defiently deserve the win on this one!!

Great contest Everyone!

13. BornKilr

BornKilr Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congratulations! A lot of great work here!

14. Dave Porter

Dave Porter Sr Member

Congrats all!!

15. Jessica

Jessica Well-Known Member

Congratulations to all the winners...

The quality of the costumes are once again astounding.

16. Zendragon

Zendragon Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Grats all, strong work. Extra thanks to the RPF for hosting the contest.

17. AdamNightmare

AdamNightmare Well-Known Member

It was REAL difficult to choose one costume to vote for, in all three categories. Excellent job to not only those who won, but all of the competitors! You were all fantastic!

18. AbbyDarkStar

AbbyDarkStar Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congrats to everyone!!!

19. Shellhead

Shellhead Active Member

View attachment 74875

To those who really worked hard on their costumes, you are certainly an insperation. The honors are well deserved! The talent here is mind boggling!
    KUDOS!

20. joee

joee Active Member

Great job! you all, even the little one, portrayed the character well. I know its about the costume but part of it is selling it and you really did.
    I followed quite a few threads and it was exciting to check in to see all the updates.Kudos!Bravo!Bravo!

21. Graphic Jordan

Graphic Jordan Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congrats to all the winners. Great work comes from the RPF. We should hold competitions more often.

22. Kevin Gossett

Kevin Gossett Master Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congrats to the winners, and everyone who entered! It takes a little moxy to put yourself out there to be judged!

23. Eveningarwen

Eveningarwen Well-Known Member

Congrats to all the winners indeed! There was some awesome competition this year!

24. Goldenrod

Goldenrod Sr Member

Congrats to you all! And everyone who participated this year! In alls honesty we are all winners because its so much fun and sharing what we love to do with our friends, and lilttle ones makes it all worth while, doesn't it.
    And BIG OLE thanks to Art and the rest of the RPF crew for taking the time to make it all happen!
    I know next year will bigger and better! Lets get planning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

25. JnAStudios

JnAStudios New Member

Congratulations to the winners!!! It was a really tough competition, so many great costumes!

26. TeresaMRoberts

TeresaMRoberts Well-Known Member

They should have contest more often. Theme ones, With time month or two advance notice. Like best comic book character costume, best movie replica costume, fairy tale, different time period costumes. They want to boost people to come to the site. spread out! Steam punk steams to be popular. We all love costumes SOOO much it doesn't stop on Halloween! What do you say Art? You can have a Hall of FAME thread, Winners get their pictures there and the prestige that goes along with it! Maybe if healthy good spirit competition was more often, Halloween wouldn't be such a shocker and people would behave better!

All just the same I think the Talent was AWSOME!!! Congratz to EVERYONE!!!

27. simul8r

simul8r Member

Ditto, the honor to compete and stand amongst all of you was very rewarding by itself. Congrats to all.

28. Purple Dagger

Purple Dagger Active Member

Great work out there. Everyday I am inspired here at RPF by all the talent around.

29. chimmera30

chimmera30 Well-Known Member

Congrats to all winners,great contest!!!!

30. desolate

desolate Sr Member

congrats... i thought it was over with on the 17th.. oh well...

31. StevenRogers84

StevenRogers84 Sr Member

Your welcome.:) Amazing costume man.

32. dbuck

dbuck Sr Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congrats.
    I spent a fair amount of time deciding for whom to cast my votes, it was that tough to decide.

33. Bizarro Lois

Bizarro Lois Sr Member

Congrats to all the winners. It was really cool to see the effort everyone put into their costumes. The kids were the hardest to vote for, because they were all awesome...and so cute!

34. CelticRuins

CelticRuins Sr Member

Congrats everyone! You guys did amazing jobs and totally deserve it!

35. G33k

G33k Member

Congratulations to everyone. The quality of work you all show here is staggering.

36. Hyperballistik

Hyperballistik Member

Congrats to the winners of the contest, Great costumes everyone, I didn't get many votes on my entry, which is fine there were some really cool costumes out there that I wanted to vote for over mine

Great job to everyone who entered

37. booksandcorsets

booksandcorsets Well-Known Member

Had such a hard time picking a costume to vote on this year... congratz to all the winners (AND everyone who entered!) Thanks for sharing your skills!

38. Spidey74

Spidey74 Active Member RPF PREMIUM MEMBER

Congratulations to the winners, ant thanks to everyone for sharing their great costumes. The talent on here is re-Donc-ulous!

39. LadyMegatron

LadyMegatron Active Member

Wow, it's over already? I lost track! Congrats to the winners! :)

40. RAGE88

RAGE88 Member

Well done all! It speaks volumes to the talent level and dedication of the members here at RPF. I had such a hard time narrowing my choice down to vote for just one!!

41. I think we all knew the Cap. would win (awesome)

Still, i was just happy to enter the contest. Congratulations go out to the winners and runners up for a job well done. :]

42. bdgr

bdgr Member

Congrats to all the winners! This year's contest was great. I can't wait for next year.

bdgr

43. aelynn000

aelynn000 Well-Known Member

I hope no one thinks me rude for such a late thanks.

I've been laying low to try to avoid the drama and backlash ...

Anyways, I put tons of time and money and resources and patience into my costume ( and wig, which was a whole prop on its own ) and I have a lot of pride in the outcome. That being said, any votes and support sent my way were greatly appreciated, so thank you.

To all of the entrants, it was an AMAZING showing this year. The ladies were stunning, the kids were all SO adorable, and the men... wow. The variety and quality was just outstanding! I can't wait to step up my costuming ( and site promoting :lol ) skills for next years run. :)

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011
  44. loruhcee

loruhcee New Member

Good job everyone :)