The Rock - VX Gas Build

nitrox

Sr Member
I thought I would share with you my current build of a complete VX Gas setup from The Rock. So far it has been a painstaking process finding the exact components to make it as accurate as I can.

below is a picture of the screen used gas string:-

80AEB017-ED7C-4492-A752-4E95DF7AEF4C.jpeg
1CBC41F2-CFA3-445B-AB7C-7E8ADCF0F724.jpeg
Here is my effort so far:-

B46EFA2C-00C1-4301-B8CF-DECD8393111F.jpeg
8B725920-0CB1-4FA7-8F8C-2124684C6D16.jpeg

I have tried to be as accurate as possible using the filling for the pearls as well as having an inner tube running through each glass ball which you can just about make out from each Photo.

Four more strings to go and then I can start work on the container which I have just laid the primer down onto:-
FA902522-EADC-41D5-8014-9A6379383C97.jpeg

Thanks for looking.

Dan.

Very cool. To add some extra detail, if you've got a soldering iron, you could add a tiny bit of solder onto each of the red wires where it connects to the metal ring.

Slight update on the outer container, I managed to get the first coat of paint on and the graphics also arrived on adhesive vinyl today.

once I’ve got the second/third coat dry I’ll get these cut and applied.
BCFC082B-0E06-4E8A-8AE6-944C1F2BECFF.jpeg

Dude. You're killing it. This is such an iconic prop and you're nailing it. I love the contrast of the delicate, beautiful, deadly string on the inside and the military weapon-vibe of the outer container. Beautiful attention to details on the bead string. And the outer container is one of the more terrifying looking things I've seen.

Dude. You're killing it. This is such an iconic prop and you're nailing it. I love the contrast of the delicate, beautiful, deadly string on the inside and the military weapon-vibe of the outer container. Beautiful attention to details on the bead string. And the outer container is one of the more terrifying looking things I've seen.

Thanks man, I’m taking my time with this as I want a fully functioning prop once I’m done (not including melty face). :)

Great job! How did you make the pearls and what is inside them? Thanks!
The pearls are 40mm glass balls which have a 3mm hole at each end which I injected the green substance into. I used Banana Boat Aloe Vera gel which is what they used in the original movie as I understand.

I thought I would share with you my current build of a complete VX Gas setup from The Rock. So far it has been a painstaking process finding the exact components to make it as accurate as I can.

View attachment 1323933View attachment 1323934Here is my effort so far:-

View attachment 1323935View attachment 1323936
I have tried to be as accurate as possible using the filling for the pearls as well as having an inner tube running through each glass ball which you can just about make out from each Photo.

Four more strings to go and then I can start work on the container which I have just laid the primer down onto:-
View attachment 1323938

Thanks for looking.

Dan.
Hi NITROX. My name is Sergio and I'm from Spain. I found casually this forum and I really love your work. It's possible to share with me your drawings and details? I want to build my own VX nerve gas and your version is really great. Can you tell me where did you bought the cristal pearls, please? I'm looking in a lot of shops but I can't find it.

Please, I beg you to answer me by email, because, I was so difficult for me to find this web and if you answer me here, maybe I will not see your message. My email is luthier_@hotmail.com

Thank you so much for your time. Best regards: Sergio Ruiz.
Sevilla, Spain

Hey Mr Nitrox - excellent work. I have one of the screen-used strings of pearls and I can't think of a better way to display it that to build a cage like you have above.

Can I ask where you found that CAD file? I would like to get it machined up, or a may 3D print it.

Thanks!

Ross

View attachment 1323933View attachment 1323934Here is my effort so far:-

View attachment 1323935View attachment 1323936

View attachment 1323938

Thanks for looking.

Dan.
Did you finish this?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back