The RED 5 Pictures Debacle - THE TRUTH AT LAST

I have better pictures of the Death Star than anybody, and YOU can't have them...! :p

Well, I happen to live in the Death Star, so beat that. But, damn, now that I think of it...I've never taken pictures of the outside?

I have great pics of the level 1,138 men's bathroom though, the tile work in the eye wash station is to die for.

Well, I happen to live in the Death Star, so beat that. But, damn, now that I think of it...I've never taken pictures of the outside?

I have great pics of the level 1,138 men's bathroom though, the tile work in the eye wash station is to die for.

which is even more reason to finish up your 1:350 scale E-E so you can fly it outside and take a picture of the outside. :lol

REL,

You live in the Death Star?

GET OUT QUICK! I just saw a bunch of X-Wings heading your way!:eek

And Jaime... I don't really care to benefit from anyone who would rally such hatred to begin with... so be it. ;) Have fun.

Nah Kurt, see you've got me pegged all wrong. I "hate" very few people. You, I have no respect for as a human being due to the way you've treated individuals and the hobby as a whole due to your complete and total lack of honor and respect.

The hobby to you is a joke, you build, research, and contribute nothing as an individual. Other than to reap the benefits of those who are involved (suckered in) on a daily basis by throwing the proverbial KurtKhun wallet around. :confused

Honor, respect, integrity,and trust are all values I aspire to always uphold and are qualities in individuals I personally like to surround myself with. You sir have none of these. Even people who have disgusted me over the years, I have always kept my word and promises to them.

Good luck Kurt, maybe you'll always have some faction of the arse smooching squad you surround yourself with, whom adulate over your blood collection. But your wallet will only gain you so much respect and fawning. You've shown your true colors.

And that color sir is a dirty, untrustworthy, unethical,disrespectful, greasy, brown.

Last edited by a moderator:
As with all things in life, unfortunately the damage is done. An apology is the minimum that should be forthcoming. Credit for fessing up where many wouldn't but as mentioned it's a minimum.

And people can't help the way they feel about someone prepared to drop them in the dung. That's a very personal betrayal that's not really forgotten. Two people may agree a ceasefire and draw a line under the issue rather than waste further energy on the matter but you can't make the victim like the guilty party however much fluffy TV shows say you should. Neither should the victim be expected to give absolution following an apology.

I don't have a dog in this fight but I've experienced the same situation and know how angry it can make you. A betrayal by someone you think is a friend hurts the most. It might not seem like a big deal to some but just because it's not important to the casual observer, it destroys longstanding friendships for those involved. Why would someone risk repeating that horrible experience again when you can simply pull up the drawbridge and let others go fish? I understand and sympathise entirely.

Well, thing is Chris, this "betrayal" pretty much impacted on a whole board, and drove it into the never, a board that held a pact together for quite some time too, till the rot of KK set in!

Many there were dragged into this mans "vision" only to find this very "vision" was nothing more than a fairytale and in the end, a big con, but then, this person, could probably sell anybody, anything.

We know this person has a big fanboy following, fair play, but, i hope in time they wake up, stop being sheep and grow a spine, and tell this man, to "go fish" too, but maybe, they are just lonely?

Im very glad Jason, and Mike for that matter, had some slight resolve here, it was a good day fot them both, even though the damage is irreversible, i still look on this as the day the good, beat the bad and deceitful!

I dont have the smooth silver tongue of Jamie, but, no matter what we two think of each other, he pretty much said, what myself, and many others may be thinking too....kudos!

lee

Jamie's post had the disappointed venom of someone who has a lot more faith in humanity than I do. My expectation of people is for them to be selfish, dishonest, narcissistic and stupid. I'm right 90% of the time with that.

Someone told me once: only work with people you'd have over for dinner; good people; friends. It's served me well. It's a smaller circle, in the end, but I've never had a single issue like this with anyone I've worked with, professionally, because they're good people, and friends.

My error here was violating that rule; entrusting someone I hadn't met personally - hadn't looked into their eyes, shook their hand; didn't know their vibe. So in the end, I blame only myself. I know better.

This issue was over months ago, as I've said, and this apology neither absolves anyone of guilt, restores any goodwill, or undoes any damage. What it does do, for those paying attention, is serve as a cautionary tale, albeit a trite and cliched one.

_Mike

Well, thing is Chris, this "betrayal" pretty much impacted on a whole board, and drove it into the never, a board that held a pact together for quite some time too, till the rot of KK set in!

Many there were dragged into this mans "vision" only to find this very "vision" was nothing more than a fairytale and in the end, a big con, but then, this person, could probably sell anybody, anything.

We know this person has a big fanboy following, fair play, but, i hope in time they wake up, stop being sheep and grow a spine, and tell this man, to "go fish" too, but maybe, they are just lonely?

Im very glad Jason, and Mike for that matter, had some slight resolve here, it was a good day fot them both, even though the damage is irreversible, i still look on this as the day the good, beat the bad and deceitful!

I dont have the smooth silver tongue of Jamie, but, no matter what we two think of each other, he pretty much said, what myself, and many others may be thinking too....kudos!

lee

Ultimately, people are responsible for their own actions. If they knowingly choose to lie about something, they have to expect the consequences of being found out. If that means they're no longer trusted and even despised for the damage they've done, then they just have to live with it. If you choose to deceive, it comes with the territory.

That's not to say that KK can't turn it around but just apologising isn't enough, although it may form the basis for the first step. Whatever trust there was has to be earned all over again and I'm certain that aspect is understood and accepted.

As I read the responses of Kuhn the thing that strikes me is how he still backpedals and tries to deflect the attention away from himself and what he's done. I can't help but feel that the whole truth is still being concealed. He's pretty much been sequestered from the studio scale community, and the parties involved, dare I say victims, seem to have moved past it. May as well let this sleeping dog lie. Darkside's comments, I think, are quite the accurate "beastie."

Of course he's still hiding the whole story. He finally admitted I had nothing to do with it, so the dots can now be easily connected.... friends usually protect friends, so I guess that's just what he's attempting to do.

Meanwhile, the tpr valve on my water heater just crapped the bed, so I have something else to be upset about tonight. Thank god I knew how to put a band aid on the problem until the plumber arrives tomorrow.

Yeah, but you HAVE a better DeathStar - PERIOD - than anybody else (except Gus Lopez that is).

Gus Lopez - that's the guy that found the death star in the trash right?

sigh - that's like winning the lottery and getting struck by lightning all at the same time.

The thing I find most interesting are the strong opinions that are spread onto a board by people who do not have all the information. Not one of the three most outspoken people on this issue where involve either directly or indirectly by what happened. Not one of those three people know, and I mean really know any of the parties well enough to be able to pass such venomous rhetoric. Kind of a blind leading the blind situation.

If someone takes the opportunity to know someone they may find a whole lot more to a situation then what they are merely reading into it via post in a thread. Unless you really know a person you can't have much more the a personal opinion. Those are best served as just that, personal. What many people don't know is there are those among us who may not be as healthy as we think only looking at a computer monitor and not the person. Some of these health issues may require a person to take medications that cause them to act out of character or worse. All things considered the individual I have come to know through all of this handles these medications rather well. One major side affect of one of these medications taken with others needed is short term memory loss. Not the "I can't remember what I had for lunch yesterday" but more like "I don't know what I was saying or who I talked to 5 minutes ago". Over all there isn't a need for continual use as the health issues are managed but for the better part of this year they where needed. I know this is a problem for Kurt and he may wish people not know but it is very real. I know this to be the case given as I have been talking with him while this happens. We have all seen people with Alzheimer's by now. Just how scary it must be even if only for a few minutes, days, or months to loose ones bearings on reality. How much worse would it be to have to knowingly do that to oneself in order to relieve pain.

I'm not saying anyone has to like anyone else. I am only stating unless you really know what is going on with someone you may opt to either become more educated on the matter or become more personally involved before passing public condemnation of a person you otherwise know very little about. I am surprised that for the sake of not wanting to out their friendships with Kurt those that do know him would allow people to publicly shred him and not step in. At the very least it may offer some explanation rather then speculation.

Matt,

I'm not 100% sure if this is what you're saying, but if Kurt suffers from memory loss due to medications, then I would assume he's used to the consequences of such, is used to explaining as such, and would've stated at the outset, "Sorry, but I take medication with memory loss side-effects, and sometimes I don't remember things clearly," or something to that effect. There are plenty of ways of addressing that without becoming too personally revealing. I think it is incorrect to call any of this less than clearly intentional; even Kurt has stated as much.

_Mike

Kurt would tell me things, but it was something that I told him like a day before, but he would tell me like I didn't know. Sometimes important stuff, other times just mundane things that weren't really important.

Sometimes in the same conversation, "oh, did I tell you....." etc. When he just told me like 10 minutes ago. I sometimes forget things too, so I didn't think much of it either.

I had no idea it was because of his medication, this would explain a lot. He never told me that! He didn't talk to me about his health problems, and I don't even know what he went in for surgery for, I figured he was embarrassed about it so I didn't push the issue.

So if he doesn't know where the pics came from, it's probably true, since he has had memory problems on simple stuff that doesn't even matter.

It really isn't anyone's business and he may hate me for saying anything but I really can't stand seeing things taken to the level they have been and not say something. I have had too many really in depth conversations with Kurt between the onset of this debacle and now that I can say for a fact he really does have good intentions and does care very much for this art and hobby.

Mike, not all drugs are the same. Not all drugs are going to have the same level of impact on every person. As I stated I'm not saying anyone has to like anyone else, only to look a little farther beyond their own shadow.

This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back