The PEPAKURA question thread - PLEASE READ RULES IN FIRST POST!

cardstock weight and silhouette cameo

I just received my cameo the other day
and still in the process of calibrating it
now since I don't want to waste the blade cutting test pieces I took a gel pen wrap some masking tape around it until it got to the proper thickness and put it in the blade holder I decided to do this because the blades are about $13 apiece now I've been trying to research what weight card stock to use with the cameo so the blades will last.

any help would be appreciated

thanks Viperr13 a.k.a. Eddie

Cameo? $13 dollar blades? What exactly are you talking about? If it's a cutter that cuts out the pages (pepakura pieces) then you should see if you can set it to the size/type of the paper, and don't go anything less than the standard 110 lb stuff. Pics?

yes it's one of those machines that cut the pieces out for you
the silhouette cameo I decided to get one because my chest piece alone is over 67 pages and as far as pics I love to but I am not allowed because of the character I am building you know that guy from forbidden planet:lol

Okay, I don't know a whole lot about these machines, but I think it's time for you to go through the long technical manual. If the machine takes 110 lb card stock, then I don't think there's anymore to worry about, the blades will just have to be replaced when they have to be replaced. Hopes this helps any bit in the slightest. And with pics, I was meaning the machine and it's results, forbidden planet was well forbiden for a reason :p

I was wondering where is the best place (in the netherlands) to get EVA foam (for an iron man armor etc etc), ive been searching high and low for it but i cant seem to find it, so if someone could point me in the right direction it would be greatly appreciated

Re: how to get a full 6'6" war machine??

Are you planning to make a suit or a stand alone statue?
I am guessing you are not doing a suit as it wouldn't fit you at that size.
As for getting it to be 6'6" you will have to do the maths concerning the hight, working with the hight of the boot, shin, thigh, cod, abs, chest, neck and helmet.
Only you can work it out I am afraid, well unless some really kind person wants to sit down and work it for you.
If I were to do it I would get a pic of the war machine. Messure each piece to work out the percentages across the total hight then scale them up.

Side thought. You would have to do the same for the arms too I guess. Another way would be to by a roll of cheap paper and measure out 6'6" then draw a rough warmachine out them measure each piece and apply to the pep. I would do it that way as much less maths to do.

Last edited:

An easier way to do the math is to do it by percentages, figure out how many percent the difference is between 5'+ and 6'6". Once you have that figured out you just scale every piece up by that many percent. This will require to measure almost every piece but you'd only have to measure one leg and one arm since they're symmetrical.

hey guys, asking for some reference help real quick... somewhere someone had noted exactly what to measure and how to measure to scale an Iron man suit with near perfect results. i'm not sure what i'm doing wrong, but my search results have been inconculsive. can anyone help me?

I'm.. 6'1...maybe with helmet on and boots it will add a few inches..check out my thread and used the scales i provided maybe add an inch or two..

Pepakura Advice for a complete novice

Hi people. I'm a total prop building novice but after watching some excellent video's on Youtube courtesy of Stealth at The Hero tutorials I am going to give the whole process a try.

My question is does anyone have any ideas as to a very, very simple pep prop I can attempt to see If I have the skill and patience required to progress to bigger things?

Also are the products like the Bondo resins and Smoothcast readily available in the UK or are they known by diffent names?

Re: Pepakura Advice for a complete novice

Hi people. I'm a total prop building novice but after watching some excellent video's on Youtube courtesy of Stealth at The Hero tutorials I am going to give the whole process a try.

My question is does anyone have any ideas as to a very, very simple pep prop I can attempt to see If I have the skill and patience required to progress to bigger things?

Also are the products like the Bondo resins and Smoothcast readily available in the UK or are they known by diffent names?

For my Halloween costume I made the Army of Two mask. It was simple and fast.

Bondo is just a brand, any car body filler works I think, as well as fiberglass resin and cloth (don't do mat, I will never suggest someone make costumes with mat, especially an aspiring learner).

Army of Two masks are a good novice project, but be sure to brace the mask before resin-ing and bondo-ing. If you are ever unsure look up the stickies on the 405th, they can help you out a lot.

-The Armorer

sorry for the late reply...

Are you planning to make a suit or a stand alone statue?
I am guessing you are not doing a suit as it wouldn't fit you at that size.
As for getting it to be 6'6" you will have to do the maths concerning the hight, working with the hight of the boot, shin, thigh, cod, abs, chest, neck and helmet.
Only you can work it out I am afraid, well unless some really kind person wants to sit down and work it for you.
If I were to do it I would get a pic of the war machine. Messure each piece to work out the percentages across the total hight then scale them up.

Side thought. You would have to do the same for the arms too I guess. Another way would be to by a roll of cheap paper and measure out 6'6" then draw a rough warmachine out them measure each piece and apply to the pep. I would do it that way as much less maths to do.
going for suit 1st then try to make a statue out of it... so it will learning in progress... the idea "roll of cheap paper" is really great :lol

An easier way to do the math is to do it by percentages, figure out how many percent the difference is between 5'+ and 6'6". Once you have that figured out you just scale every piece up by that many percent. This will require to measure almost every piece but you'd only have to measure one leg and one arm since they're symmetrical.
yup this will be a long calculation :)

I'm.. 6'1...maybe with helmet on and boots it will add a few inches..check out my thread and used the scales i provided maybe add an inch or two..
your thread is one the best wm build :behave... i already wrote your scale on a paper and doing a calculation...

Hey guys, just a question on cardstock. what is a bond weight to get? I see 65lb-110lb. Just wondering if i've using the wrong stuff. Thanx... GM

How do I print pepakura if I don't have a printer?

SOLVED

Hey guys, a bit of googling and trying and error got it sorted out.

Ended up installing too many PDF creators on the laptop which is already hectic but its worth it.

The one that made the magic happen is called PDFCreator. Had to set it as default printer.

Hey guys

I'll start of by saying I apologise if this isn't the right place to post this question. So, sorry.

And now for my question.. I want to make a Combat Shotgun (found on deviantart) but unfortunately I don't have a printer at home. I was planning on going to officeworks and have it printed there but they probably won't have pepakura software installed on their computers.. Since I want to print it with the ID numbers of each fold on it, I have to ise the pepakura viewer software don't I?

How do I beat this challenge?

This will be my first attempt at pepakura and I may be aiming too high too? But I was thinking of printing it multiple times to have a safety net to land on.

Thanks for all your help

Last edited:
Re: How do I print pepakura if I don't have a printer?

Have someone make a PDF of the file and e-mail it to you. Then you can print it on any computer that has Adobe Reader on it which is virtually every computer on planet Earth I'm pretty sure. :)

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back