The official Cosplaysky's AOU Captain America Costume

I'm 5ft 11" my weight is around 168 pounds or 12 stone.

I don't intend to take the suit in anywhere as at the moment I'm on a 3000 cal a day diet so expect to put mass on in places in particularly my chest.

Below is a list of what I intend to do to the suit i'm still debating whether to hit it with acetone to remove the shine of the material.

1. The shoulder detailing and thigh detailing will be cast in navy rubber like the movie suit.

2. Red rubber chest arrows

3. New gloves

4. I will be re 3d printing the magnets from my previous suit

5. Attaching the 3D printed knees

6. Complete new harness and belt from real leather

7. Metal pieces for said leather

8. 3d printed buckle

9. Magnet system for the shield to attach to my back

10. Paint my new shield as the one in the photo is being sold

11. Paint and complete my maufett helmet

12. Suit weathering

13. Casting of the avengers logo for the shoulders

I've already started attaching the new knees.

knee 2.jpgknee.jpg

knee 2.jpg

knee.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the shot, very helpful.

I actually was thinking it looked a bit different. That looks more like a convex aluminum piece, with some of it anodized. That's something I can't do unfortunately. What I had in mind was more of a 3D piece. It will be very nice and clean, but different.

I got the parts for the emblem cut yesterday, cut further today and assembled. 5 pieces, within 1-3/8"... so small and tedious. So far so good though, very clean and tight lines. I'm going to fill the seams on it tomorrow, smooth, and prime, hopefully have it ready for molding. Going to need to mold it under pressure, the gaps are so small at the arrow on the A, I don't believe the silicone would fully fill in around it under atmospheric pressure. It might not be necessary to cast under pressure though, just need to experiment with that.

Just got my Cosplaysky suit, too. I'm really amazed at how good it is, compared to the Cap Avengers version they had last year. And likewise, some work to do yet, but it's a decent looking start!

Cap 2.jpgCap 1.jpg

Luke, what were you replacing the elbows and knees with, exactly?

Attachments

• IMG_1190[1].JPG
    IMG_1190[1].JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 421
This suit looks like a real winner so far. All the photos look good. What size did you order? And how tall are you?

I ordered the medium, and am 5'10, 186 or so. The pants fit closely, and the jacket does too, although I may get the seam under the armpit cleaned up as it seems to bunch. Also, the movie suit's top doesn't seem to come down as far in the front as this one's does. When you add the belt, the jacket extends lower, which looks funny, so I'll probably get it modified to be a bit shorter in the front. The other thing that I don't like is that the elbow and knee "pads" are just that, stuffed with padding. Makes it a little tough to bend, so I may do like Luke is planning, and pull the padding and replace with a more appropriate hard pad. Overall, I was really impressed, though. Got Kingsley doing leathers, and once I get a better version of gauntlet/glove done, I'll be pleased to wander Comic-Con in this...

J
Luke, what were you replacing the elbows and knees with, exactly?

That's Clark HD who is working on the elbows and knees. I'm currently only working on the Avengers logo (until I have my suit in front of me, I can't tackle larger parts due to fitting them precisely).

Speaking of the logo, I've got the seams filled, but didn't have time to clean it up. Got started giving the shop a thorough cleaning the other day since I've got some projects coming in and it was a wreck/filthy. When I was finally finished 10 hours later, I just wanted to lie in the floor...

Last edited by a moderator:
That's @Clark HD who is working on the elbows and knees. I'm currently only working on the Avengers logo (until I have my suit in front of me, I can't tackle larger parts due to fitting them precisely).

Speaking of the logo, I've got the seams filled, but didn't have time to clean it up. Got started giving the shop a thorough cleaning the other day since I've got some projects coming in and it was a wreck/filthy. When I was finally finished 10 hours later, I just wanted to lie in the floor...

Ah, sorry for the misquote then! In my euphoria over the suit, my brain is short circuiting....

How is the size? Did anyone do a custom size or a general?

What size tee are you usually and what size did you order? Is it snug or room to grow?

I am an XL tee and was going to order XL (to save $50) or just do a custom fit. (stealth suit)

My suit came in yesterday!

I bought the standard XL. I'm just shy of 6'0 and about 235 and it fit pretty well. Jacket was a bit snug but it fit. Impossible to put on by myself (even tried putting a lanyard on the zipper to pull up from the front; alas it did not work).

2015-06-01 21.05.20.jpg2015-06-01 21.07.47-1.jpg2015-06-01 21.08.05.jpg

I'm toying with the idea of getting magnets to help keep the belt in place, at the bottom of the jacket. I don't have a ton of room to tuck the jacket into the pants and the jacket only barely fits past the pantline (being a bigger guy), so I was thinking of instead trying to mask the break of jacket & pant just have the belt sit at the bottom of the jacket at all times.

Oh! I like that idea! That way it will move with you as you walk and pose for pics. I think I may do a similar thing. I'm also a bigger guy (6'3" 250lbs) and I have a long torso, so tucking anything on a normal basis never works anyway. I think I may just wear a longer navy blue undershirt and keep that tucked in and really just wear the top like a jacket like you. Great idea, thanks!
As I type this, ideas are popping in my head:
What about clips of some kind or even sewing the belt to the top or pins. I know a magnet is not going to mess up my phone, but if I plan on carrying my ID and credit card around in a pouch, I don't want to mess that up.
A pin system like a tie clip or collector pins may work. Or if you know you are going to keep it with the outfit you could always use snaps. I think I may look into snaps for myself. I know from wearing the belt around before that it kept falling off since I have no hips, snaps would keep it in place.

Ok, I'll end my word vomiting.

I'm toying with the idea of getting magnets to help keep the belt in place, at the bottom of the jacket. I don't have a ton of room to tuck the jacket into the pants and the jacket only barely fits past the pantline (being a bigger guy), so I was thinking of instead trying to mask the break of jacket & pant just have the belt sit at the bottom of the jacket at all times.

I like the idea of the snaps, but I'm not sure if I want to commit to the idea enough to stitch into the "leather" portion just yet. I may test the water with magnets through the back side of the jacket first to see if it's a plausible idea. But snaps would definitely keep the belt secure :)

I seam ripped one of the belt pouches; they are just sewn down to keep them closed (I did not ask for any specific changes to the belt; this is how it comes stock).
2015-06-02 23.34.03.jpg
They definitely don't want to stay closed once opened. So in order to keep these as functional I may add snaps or magnets here too. :) They're not big enough for a phone or a wallet but ID and a money clip? Sure.

Attachments

• 2015-06-02 23.34.03.jpg
    2015-06-02 23.34.03.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 353
Got my shipping notice, suit is supposed to arrive tomorrow, delivery via DHL. Can't remember, does DHL require signature?

This is what I recommend:
MCS-495BS_MED.jpg

The jacket on these costumes are meant to be worn on the outside, not tucked in. I use these to keep my belt in place for my TFA costume and works great, and you can't see them when you clip them underneath the pouches. 2 of these will get the job done and is a MUCH simpler and more reliable solution than magnets. I tried running and jumping with these on and the belt stayed in place.

Store link: http://www.theclip.com/store/Metal-belt-clip-495-Black-oxide-Tempered.html

Got my shipping notice, suit is supposed to arrive tomorrow, delivery via DHL. Can't remember, does DHL require signature?

It should, but if you leave a note with the tracking # and your signature on your door, they will leave the package there. Worked just fine for my costume last week.

This is what I recommend:
http://www.theclip.com/store/images/D/MCS-495BS_MED.jpg

The jacket on these costumes are meant to be worn on the outside, not tucked in. I use these to keep my belt in place for my TFA costume and works great, and you can't see them when you clip them underneath the pouches. 2 of these will get the job done and is a MUCH simpler and more reliable solution than magnets. I tried running and jumping with these on and the belt stayed in place.

Store link: http://www.theclip.com/store/Metal-belt-clip-495-Black-oxide-Tempered.html

Love the clip idea! especially underneath the pouches, that's brilliant.

I'm supposed to be appearing in costume at a local event tomorrow so I may just try bobby pins for this go, and if they don't hold that well I will order a few of these babies. :)

I'm thinking about assembling new shoulder covers to replace the ones on the Cosplaysky suit, anyone have an idea of where to get the same navy blue fabric used for their suits? I emailed Cosplaysky to see if they'll sell me a small amount but just in case they say no.

Got mine in this afternoon, very pleased with it. Was only able to put it on for a few minutes. The fit is actually pretty good without any adjustment. The gaiters are loose and one of straps has the velcro tab sewn on the wrong side (which will get fixed anyway when I adjust them). I'll have to get the belt attached to the jacket like the discussion above. Also need to tighten the bottom of the jacket to fit more snugly on my waist.

When I get more time to really go through things I'll be able to mail down everything I need to do.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back