The Official Avatar Colonel Miles Quaritch "Wasp" Pistol Research Thread

Here's an old pic I've come across.....may or may not be a certain project underway 2007, can't really confirm or deny :cool

http://flic.kr/p/8idQgu

....will be able to give a good account of construction brief soon. For now though I can say it was made to look as though it has a "break-open" action, but actually still functions as a normal revolver (i.e. cylinder flips out to the side). The ONE & ONLY hero prop can be distinguished from urethane stunt versions by the fact the rear of the trigger is "bulked out" on the later.....

Last edited:
This just became my next project. I have access to many firearms and think this would make a great prop....(or a kit). Has ANYONE gone any further w/recreating this awesome weapon?

Found this in ref to the DAN WESSON.....

(Avatar) - "WASP Gun" - Custom Break-open Revolver - imfdb :. guns in movies :. movie guns :. the internet movie firearms database

WASP_gun_revolver.jpg

That's a great deal of mis-information I'm afraid.

Interesting video, but it's NOT a GP100 under there, it's the Dan Wesson as mentioned in my post above. Note also that he never actually states "they" (the ISS) made the weapon, just that the "film and TV" industry did. It may in fact BE the hero weapon from the film, which was blank-fire capable, and ISS may even own it.... it certainly looks identical and I have no idea of the politics or ownership of the hero weapon post production....however, I MADE THE PROP. From sawing off the hammer, to drilling & taping the grub screws that hold on the CNC machined alloy casings surrounding the real weapon, to the "fantastic job" of hiding the reload mechanism (thanks btw, it was not easy).

I am happy to answer any questions anyone may have in order to clear up any remaining ambiguities ;-)

Cheers

D

Well, I'm not trying to argue with you by posting this. The gun pictured above, the one in the video in ISS inventory is a GP-100 and not a Dan Wesson revolver. I own a GP-100, and that revolver in the vid matches it. From the trigger, to the release, to the direction of the notches in the cylinder, to the pins in the frame.

Please, no offense, I'm going to take the word of a staff member of ISS. They have, in this video, and in a show that aired on wednesday night, a great deal of the firing weapons from Avatar in their inventory. Not just this one.

BTW: I'm not disputing that the gun pictured earlier in the thread is a Dan Wesson, or that you built that gun. That gun does not match what is in ISS inventory.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back