The Mummy Hamunaptra key 3.3

Okay. I printed the prototype. The rough edges will be fixed in the final print. I still have to make a few changes before the final print.

So, there are no springs, no hinges, and the lock is not installed in this prototype. This is just an update because I think people wanted to see the final color. Those that choose KIT can choose this color or standard white filament. People choosing assembled will get this color. This is the ACTUAL color of the raw print. It is not painted or colored in any way. Also, the STL files with mailed springs, lock and hinges will be the third option.

I think I've got everyone that expressed interest. If your name is not on the list in post #1, please DM me.
When I complete a key, it will go to the next person on the list, and payment will be due at that time. (I don't want to charge till I have a product in hand) If a person does not respond to a request for payment in a reasonable timeframe, the key will go to the next person on the list.

Printing in resin would certainly fix the support debris. My resin prints are always clean. And since I made the hinges on 3.1 be metal instead of the key material, the brittleness of the hinges isn't a problem like it would be with resin pegs on the flaps. I think this is an excellent idea. :love:

I just checked a printing estimate on my Resin printer slicer. The print quality is up, and the print TIME is way down. I like the shiny PLA, but it is much harder to work with. I'll see how the prototype looks in resin. Maybe add a little rub-n-buff.

Sorry Jintosh I appear in the list but I am not currently thinking about adding more items to my collection at the moment. Just wanted to see the termination and it was awesome. Thank you for sharing

Look for the RESIN prototype either late Wednesday, or Thursday. The resin printers don't have metal looking resin easily obtainable, but with as many people interested, I think the resin printer is the only way to go to get them done. The resolution and time savings are what makes it the winner.

I really like the tone / color of the key in the video! With some additonal aging this would look fantastic! I'd be happy to wheather it myself, but it's not really clear to me what I would need to do exactly when I would order the kit version?

I really like the tone / color of the key in the video! With some additonal aging this would look fantastic! I'd be happy to wheather it myself, but it's not really clear to me what I would need to do exactly when I would order the kit version?

Okay, there could be 4 options now. Most would get the resin kit, and you might have to pay extra for the metallic PLA kit. It takes longer to print which cost me more time...which equates to more money, but the metallic finish is cool.

Either kit : There will be eight flaps, a top piece, a bottom piece, eight springs (and eight hinge pegs), and the lock.

The hinge pegs simply slide into the sides of the flaps. The pegs rotate in the hinge when the flaps open. The springs go in the side of the eight flaps. The spring is held closed, but then releases when you rotate the bottom. There will be a video showing where to put the springs. The lock just goes into the slot in the top piece before inserting the top piece into the bottom piece. The assembly video will be nearly identical to the assembly video for H key 2.0. The lock has just changed.

If you look up the old assembly instructions on YouTube, bear in mind that those are 2014 instructions and the lock part will now be different. (you can search hamunaptra key assembly)

Last edited:
Mmm, that seems managable. This is your video, if I'm not mistaken:

I'm in for a gold metallic PLA kit, if price is still reasonable.

Mmm, that seems managable. This is your video, if I'm not mistaken:

I'm in for a gold metallic PLA kit, if price is still reasonable.

Yep. That's the video. The pegs on the flaps were part of the flap, and in some rare cases, people managed to break off the pegs. I sent out new flaps for the broken ones.

It adds more parts to the list, but the pegs on v3.1 will now be metal pins which will not break off.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back