Limited Run The Most Accurate Game of Thrones Dragon Egg - **RUN STARTED** First Cast! (Page 3)

Re: The Most Accurate Game of Thrones Dragon Egg - **RUN STARTED** First Cast! (Page

Excellent!

Rob

Sent from [location encrypted]...somewhere on the Tharkside of Barsoom ;)

Re: The Most Accurate Game of Thrones Dragon Egg - **RUN STARTED** First Cast! (Page

Looks great!

Excellent!

Excellent!

Thanks guys!

Today, I dealt with the learning curve of the peculiar way these have to be rotocast. For instance, this was the first real casting I pulled:

photo 8.jpg

Looks great, right?

photo 9.jpg

OH NO! I think this one already hatched. :lol Luckily it seems I've got most of the kinks worked out, because my next casting was perfect with minimal flashing and just a tiny lip (<1mm) from where the two halfs didn't seat completely correctly. Nothing I ship out will require anything more major than some trimming and light filling to get prepped for paint.

Here's a quick family shot of my growing collection of eggs from earlier today:

photo 10.jpg

Top row, from the left: waste cast used to clean the mold, warped casting out of my Gen 1 mold (How I realized I needed to remake them), the master.
Bottom row, left to right: @KhalDrogo's first egg, the "hatched egg."

I'll keep on trucking now that I have the process smoothed out.

-Nick

Last edited by a moderator:

Just wanted to quickly update you, guys. I've unfortunately been sick for the last week, but it seems to be on its way out now. (Good riddance)

I'm looking to get back in the swing of casting tomorrow and have the first batch ready over the weekend.

-Nick

Great! Glad you are on the mend!

Apologies for the delay. I have time set aside tonight and on Wednesday to work on the rest. Life got in the way.

Thanks for your awesome patience, guys! You all rock.

-Nick

Excellent! Glad you are better and moving ahead.

All good man. Let us know when you're good to go.

No worries mate :D

Rob

Hey Nick,

Could you provide a status on the eggs?

Thanks

Sorry for the radio silence. Life has gotten in the way. I'm one white egg and a red egg (That one would be yours, Spheric Thor) away from finishing the first clutch.

Once the white egg is done, I'll start reaching out for shipping information. And hit the Red once I get the first few shipped out. My house is starting to look like a hatchery, I need to get these things out of here.

I'm also going to investigate getting this thread migrated over to the NEW junkyard.

If anyone needs to get in contact with me, and I'm not on the forums, shoot me an email at the address you used for Paypal. That address gets forwarded to my phone so I can give you updates directly if need be.

-Nick

Thanks for the update!

Rob

Hey Nick,

Will you be wrapping this up soon?

Could you put me down for one? I have plans to turn one into a lamp for my girlfriend, hopefully with a dragon fetus inside for extra awesomeness.

Nick,

The last update was May 10th and you said you needed to finish the white eggs. Could you let us know where this project stands?

Hey guys in the first clutch. Sorry for the lack of communication. I really dropped the ball and I apologize.

I never wanted to be one of those guys who gives you his stories of doom and gloom to excuse his lack of attentiveness to a run. So I won't start now. Yes there were situations in my life that came up that were unexpected, but none of them excuse my lack of communication with you and for that I'm sorry.

I want to thank a member of this run for reaching out to me yesterday and voicing his concerns honestly with me. I intended this to be a quick run, as it seems that member wanted and I hope that I can make up for that now in some small way.

I will be reaching out to all of you via PM in order to confirm shipping addresses for all of you. Once I have those in hand, I'll be able to get shipping quotes and give you all a final tally of what's owed. And to those who trusted me and put a 50% deposit down, as a small token of how sorry I am in dropping the ball, I will be covering the first $10 of shipping for those of you in the first clutch.

Now that all the apologies and housekeeping are out of the way, here is a picture of the first clutch, organized in the exact order they are listed on page one of this thread so that everyone can see which egg(s) are theirs.

Egg1.jpg

And here's a picture of three eggs together to give you a better idea for the look and feel of the raw castings.

Eggs2.jpg

I'll be sending a PM shortly.

-Nick

PS: Just a final housekeeping note, I am without a computer of my own for the next week or two so please feel free to use my email address associated with my paypal account to reach out to me. Email is easy to reply to on my phone, PMs aren't too bad either. And if anyone wants my cell phone number I'm happy to give it to anyone on the run.

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back