The Matrix 4!

I'm guessing you're right about it being a matrix within a matrix. It's really the only way I can see explaining the 3rd film. 4 could basically pick up that way but it would be boring... unless they ended it with John Wick waking up from a weird dream. It would be worth at least a chuckle! ;)
I posted this in April of 2019 (kind of) jokingly.
This might very well be what the movie proves to be, I certainly hope so. :cool: (y)

TBH, I think I'm more excited to see Jessica Henwick kick some butt ;)

iron fist marvel GIF by NETFLIX

This was a good trailer, but I'm more curious about how they adapt the concepts from the previous films to 2021.

I'll watch it on HBO Max when it drops.

The trailer shows the same story beats as the original but it's gotta be more than just a rehash/reboot/soft reboot sequel right? Surely they wouldn't just go with a Force Awakens type movie? There has to be some twist or something.

I'm not a huge Matrix fan like others so it's not really something I have much interest in but I will say the shots of Neo in the elevator with everyone on their phones and he just looks around like "Are you guys serious?" are great. That's how I feel walking around seeing everybody buried in their phones lol. If the movie gives a commentary about how society is willingly 'plugging in', that could be interesting.

The Matrix was a cultural moment in 1999. The two sequels crapped the bed and everyone moved on.

Going back to it now . . . they are caught between catering to modern kids vs the old fans. The modern kids will need a full reboot (or at least a soft one like 'The Force Awakens') to make sense of it. But that will bore the fans of the originals who came back hoping for more.

The producers will probably try to compromise and end up disappointing both groups.
Wait.. you need wires plugged into the wall to go on the internet?!? That’s like a baby’s toy!

There's a couple of scenes in the trailer where Neo is in a club, & the scene in the original movie where Neo takes the red pill is being projected on the wall. Seems to hint at at least an in-universe acknowledgement of what's come before.

One thing I noticed first time watching the trailer, but just rewatched it to make sure, and yep. The pills from the orginal movie and this new movie are slightly different.
Some things in these movies can have a deep meaning, while other things are just,..."there" for no real reason or whatever.
Wonder if the pills being a bit differnt have a meaning?
It's only one of the Wachowskis directing instead of both this time.
I wonder if that will effect any other little changes, like the pills.
Who knows.

original (looks like nyquil/dayquil pills.)
78f0f50285dd11bef4946bc47283e49281-pills-lede.rhorizontal.w1200.jpg

New (noticeably different)
Screen_Shot_2021_09_07_at_9.43.48_AM.0.jpeg

I'm guessing you're right about it being a matrix within a matrix. It's really the only way I can see explaining the 3rd film. 4 could basically pick up that way but it would be boring... unless they ended it with John Wick waking up from a weird dream. It would be worth at least a chuckle! ;)
I'd watch that movie... Heck if they connect them we already have!

One thing I noticed first time watching the trailer, but just rewatched it to make sure, and yep. The pills from the orginal movie and this new movie are slightly different.
Some things in these movies can have a deep meaning, while other things are just,..."there" for no real reason or whatever.
Wonder if the pills being a bit differnt have a meaning?
It's only one of the Wachowskis directing instead of both this time.
I wonder if that will effect any other little changes, like the pills.
Who knows.

original (looks like nyquil/dayquil pills.)
View attachment 1496437

New (noticeably different)
View attachment 1496438
the new pills are made by pfizer:p

So getting out of the Matrix now costs $100,000 a pop instead of $10 because they jacked up the price? :unsure:

I do think the pills will play a bigger role given that Neo is shown in possession of alot of blue pills that he throws down the drain.

Matrix became free on Amazon Prime so rewatched it again and I have two questions I was wondering if people with additional knowledge know the answer to.

1) how did Neo and Trinity find out about the Matrix and Morpheus in the first place? At the beginning, Neo is aware of the concept the Matrix but doesnt know what it is, hence why he is looking for Morpheus for answers. This is also apparently the path Trinity took to get awakened. How did they know about the Matrix in the first place? (Dark web reading while on the internet since both seem to be involved in hacking?).

2) How does aging work in the Matrix? The meeting between Neo and Trinity in the club implies Trinity is a hacking legend although she comments her hacking the IRS database was a long time ago and she was on a long search for Morpheus before she found him and was awoken. What is the time lapse for these events? Was Trinity a hacking prodigy and Morpheus awakened when he was still a baby? Trinity seems to have been awoken for a while but Morpheus far beyond that. They also have a policy of only awakening people when they are young (so kids/teenagers?) since the older you are, the harder it is to adapt to the realization with Neo being an exception because he is the one.

HeartBlade

1) I imagine they learned (Morpheus in particular) learned about the Matrix from someone like him before he took that role for Trinity and Neo.

2) I don't know much beyond the movies but from what I've heard from die-hards, this is explained or alluded to in the Animatrix or in the MMO or comics (again, I don't know) but time moves faster in the Matrix than it does in reality ("Tron" rules?) or the mind is made to think it ages sooner than it physically does in the pod. So, as I understand it, you could live a full life and die of old age in the matrix and not physically be that age outside of it. That also means that the energy that the machines harness from people are always siphoned out when people are producing it at their peak, and not left to fade over time (which presents its own problems that I'm not savvy to the answers to).

HeartBlade

1) I imagine they learned (Morpheus in particular) learned about the Matrix from someone like him before he took that role for Trinity and Neo.

2) I don't know much beyond the movies but from what I've heard from die-hards, this is explained or alluded to in the Animatrix or in the MMO or comics (again, I don't know) but time moves faster in the Matrix than it does in reality ("Tron" rules?) or the mind is made to think it ages sooner than it physically does in the pod. So, as I understand it, you could live a full life and die of old age in the matrix and not physically be that age outside of it. That also means that the energy that the machines harness from people are always siphoned out when people are producing it at their peak, and not left to fade over time (which presents its own problems that I'm not savvy to the answers to).
1) i guess its left to the imagination but Im guessing some dark web truther website or reddit post. It also seems these people are more attuned to breaking out of the matrix given that can apparently “feel” the matrix and the fake reality although they cant prove it.

2) makes sense. Im guessing peak energy output may be in the teens or young old age (20s) but everyone dying when they are 27 would raise alarms despite in universe advances in medicine. It makes more sense in the original conception when human brainpower was used for the computers’ CPU.

Got to say the first movie holds up well and it really is a case of less is more. Also wonder how the Matrix cast are going to be able to escape properly now that phone booths and wired phones are basically extinct. Good job Agent Jobs.

Also wonder how the Matrix cast are going to be able to escape properly now that phone booths and wired phones are basically extinct. Good job Agent Jobs.

A sharp script writer would incorporate that.

Agent Smith: "Do you remember phone booths being common in the past, Mr. Anderson? After you stirred up that last fiasco we put smartphones into the Matrix to get rid of them."

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back