The Matrix 4!

mikid

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Just posted that the Matrix 4 is now a go, can’t wait, anyone else have a take, Keanu Reeves, Carey Ann Moss and Lana Wascawski the write and Direct, nice!...

Loved the first one. Probably because the premise was ripped off from a short story and the author sued the Wachowskis and won. So as much as they did to make a great movie, the story wasn't their own. I hated the second so I didn't bother with the third.

A fourth you say? Nah I'm good. Neo died at the end of the last one anyway so what story is there left to tell?

I always thought the old movies were overrated (yes, even the first one).

This is liable to be the typical soft-reboot kind of remake.

I'm actually a little surprised that they went with Keanu again. His John Wick popularity probably helped that happen. Even so, I could see them making him the Obi-Wan this time instead of the Luke Skywalker.

My wife said the only way she'd see it is if they officially retconned the second two movies. This is yet another unnecessary sequel made for a buck.
That statement can apply to probably at least 90% of the sequels out there. Remember, outside of indie/art house films, almost all movies are made for money, including sequels. Personally, I don't see any problem with the studios making sequels to try to capitalize on the success of a movie, I may not necessarily want to see it but I don't have any problems with them making them either.

That statement can apply to probably at least 90% of the sequels out there. Remember, outside of indie/art house films, almost all movies are made for money, including sequels. Personally, I don't see any problem with the studios making sequels to try to capitalize on the success of a movie, I may not necessarily want to see it but I don't have any problems with them making them either.

There's a difference between making money off of a quality film and only caring about making money, whether the film is good or not. Hollywood these days does the latter and rarely the former.

38k27w.jpg

I still never understood the 3rd film..

After seeing Neo use powers in the “real world” I thought it was nothing more then another matrix inside the matrix..

But him having powers outside the matrix kinda made me go heeeeehhhh

Never really understood the plot with the 6 before neo

Wait a minute.. his name is neo right?

I still never understood the 3rd film..

After seeing Neo use powers in the “real world” I thought it was nothing more then another matrix inside the matrix..

But him having powers outside the matrix kinda made me go heeeeehhhh

Never really understood the plot with the 6 before neo

Wait a minute.. his name is neo right?
I'm guessing you're right about it being a matrix within a matrix. It's really the only way I can see explaining the 3rd film. 4 could basically pick up that way but it would be boring... unless they ended it with John Wick waking up from a weird dream. It would be worth at least a chuckle! ;)

I'm guessing you're right about it being a matrix within a matrix. It's really the only way I can see explaining the 3rd film. 4 could basically pick up that way but it would be boring... unless they ended it with John Wick waking up from a weird dream. It would be worth at least a chuckle! ;)

Yeah I never understood it.. and I’ve watched videos and read articles..

The architect really confuses it for me

So the matrix is nothing more then a training exercise for the machines? And this is there 6th version, and the only reason why this version is different is because smith broke the matrix.. and is nothing more then a virus? And neo is a super fast flying antivirus?

Idk..

I will tell you I love the highway scene from the second film...

Which film is it with Will Smith’s wife flying the ship and being chased down by robot octopus? I like that pipe chase scene as well

Yeah I never understood it.. and I’ve watched videos and read articles..

The architect really confuses it for me

So the matrix is nothing more then a training exercise for the machines? And this is there 6th version, and the only reason why this version is different is because smith broke the matrix.. and is nothing more then a virus? And neo is a super fast flying antivirus?...

Yes to some points, no to others.

The Matrix IS what it was initially explained as. A fake world, designed to keep human minds and bodies running at peak power output, to power the machines (most of which are really just programs at this point).

The Matrix is like any computer program; you keep it running long term, and it starts to collect weird fragments of code, error exceptions; and regardless of how complex a math system it's based around, it has to do some "rounding". Which is what they expanded on, concept wise, starting in the second movie.

The machines figured out that while they couldn't stop the errors and the dropped off rounding issues, they could focus them. collect them, coalesce them and harvest them for refinement or the next matrix.

The Matrix, or a thing liked it, also seemed to serve as the "operating system" that all the disembodied machine programs lived in. one imagines, that if the machines have to keep this matrix running, they might as well use it/a separated part of it for themselves; saves on having to code up two forms of existence and keep them both running. This would be why the programs could enter and exit the matrix as people freely, because they functioned as people in their world too. Which means, in a way, they tied themselves to the fake world they kept running for humanity. meaning their fate was tied to humans in two ways. Power, and their own reality.

The person that becomes "The One" in each matrix iteration, is the repository of all the broken weird stuff; which is why The One can go farther with the Matrix Bending nonsense that anyone enlightened to their situation can achieve simply through mind over matter. They show up/reach critical mass and become The One, close to the same time that Matrix iteration is close to breaking down. The machines need The One's info back so they can reboot things properly. and since all the programs live in an offshoot of the matrix type program, they need it, I think the idea is they needed it to fix their world too.

The Machines create Scion (Zion?) under ground as a place for purposely freed humans, to start their rebellion, and root out The One for the machines (cause The one would be born, live and die, without someone on the outside hunting for them). Meaning the Machines would be hosed.

In the case of Neo, Zion was also used as emotional blackmail to get him to sign up to "join" the machines. data dump his fragments and rounding errors, and let the machines reset the matrix back to 1957, or whatever year the Machines choose to start their simulation of "the late 20th century" at. Neo was also needed to get rid of Smith before he got onto the "machine servers", essentially.

Neo supposedly brokered a deal in his iteration, to allow the machines to get their info back, help Neo kill Smith, and make themselves and their systems whole again, and get on with life, in exchange for not doing all this crap again; In exchange for freeing humanity.

Smith had royally dorked things up, and it seemed like the machines were realizing that betting their own existence on the matrix going well long term was a bad idea. So they offered neo that they were "prepared to exist in a simpler manner" (or something like that). essentially, all this stops, and the programs run on power saver mode, in their own little manageable matrix, that doesn't need to be human friendly. Perhaps people get to come out of the pods over time, perhaps the ones still on tap would be allowed to grow old and die in a temporarily reset matrix, and Zion would be the only free human bastion for real again.

Smith gave Neo the opportunity to make a sort of peace, and break the cycle.

as to Neo's powers, he wasn't breaking physics outside of the matrix, he exhibited a level of control over the simple physical machines, because his mind had an innate knowledge of all the broken weird janky stuff in the machine code. perhaps his "ports" could create short distance broadcasts (god knows what sort of connection that thing used, could be powerful enough to transfer data without a physical connection, over short distances), that let him shut off those couple of drones. Honestly though, I think that bit wasn't thought through that great, because it just confused things.

~*~Fin~*~

Thinking about it, a story I would be interested in would be one about a different "One".

They could do it artfully using Reeves and a number of other actors, playing similar different roles, dealing with the same problem in a different way.

Yes to some points, no to others.

The Matrix IS what it was initially explained as. A fake world, designed to keep human minds and bodies running at peak power output, to power the machines (most of which are really just programs at this point).

The Matrix is like any computer program; you keep it running long term, and it starts to collect weird fragments of code, error exceptions; and regardless of how complex a math system it's based around, it has to do some "rounding". Which is what they expanded on, concept wise, starting in the second movie.

The machines figured out that while they couldn't stop the errors and the dropped off rounding issues, they could focus them. collect them, coalesce them and harvest them for refinement or the next matrix.

The Matrix, or a thing liked it, also seemed to serve as the "operating system" that all the disembodied machine programs lived in. one imagines, that if the machines have to keep this matrix running, they might as well use it/a separated part of it for themselves; saves on having to code up two forms of existence and keep them both running. This would be why the programs could enter and exit the matrix as people freely, because they functioned as people in their world too. Which means, in a way, they tied themselves to the fake world they kept running for humanity. meaning their fate was tied to humans in two ways. Power, and their own reality.

The person that becomes "The One" in each matrix iteration, is the repository of all the broken weird stuff; which is why The One can go farther with the Matrix Bending nonsense that anyone enlightened to their situation can achieve simply through mind over matter. They show up/reach critical mass and become The One, close to the same time that Matrix iteration is close to breaking down. The machines need The One's info back so they can reboot things properly. and since all the programs live in an offshoot of the matrix type program, they need it, I think the idea is they needed it to fix their world too.

The Machines create Scion (Zion?) under ground as a place for purposely freed humans, to start their rebellion, and root out The One for the machines (cause The one would be born, live and die, without someone on the outside hunting for them). Meaning the Machines would be hosed.

In the case of Neo, Zion was also used as emotional blackmail to get him to sign up to "join" the machines. data dump his fragments and rounding errors, and let the machines reset the matrix back to 1957, or whatever year the Machines choose to start their simulation of "the late 20th century" at. Neo was also needed to get rid of Smith before he got onto the "machine servers", essentially.

Neo supposedly brokered a deal in his iteration, to allow the machines to get their info back, help Neo kill Smith, and make themselves and their systems whole again, and get on with life, in exchange for not doing all this crap again; In exchange for freeing humanity.

Smith had royally dorked things up, and it seemed like the machines were realizing that betting their own existence on the matrix going well long term was a bad idea. So they offered neo that they were "prepared to exist in a simpler manner" (or something like that). essentially, all this stops, and the programs run on power saver mode, in their own little manageable matrix, that doesn't need to be human friendly. Perhaps people get to come out of the pods over time, perhaps the ones still on tap would be allowed to grow old and die in a temporarily reset matrix, and Zion would be the only free human bastion for real again.

Smith gave Neo the opportunity to make a sort of peace, and break the cycle.

as to Neo's powers, he wasn't breaking physics outside of the matrix, he exhibited a level of control over the simple physical machines, because his mind had an innate knowledge of all the broken weird janky stuff in the machine code. perhaps his "ports" could create short distance broadcasts (god knows what sort of connection that thing used, could be powerful enough to transfer data without a physical connection, over short distances), that let him shut off those couple of drones. Honestly though, I think that bit wasn't thought through that great, because it just confused things.

~*~Fin~*~

I want to seriously thank you for taking the time and writing this

Holy crap all these years and I really never knew what happened. And with your 1 post it all makes sense.. ever how to explain him using his powers in the outside world

Seriously appreciated

With all the AI discussion going around, wouldnt it be more efficient for the machines to use humans as computers to run programs on instead of using humans as power generators?

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back