The Matrix 4!

There are many ways this can go. If Carrie Anne Moss is back it raises a lot of questions regarding the continued nature of the Matrix. Is it basically an immortality machine and there are limited amounts of genepool material for the machines to create humans, so clone. Makes sense, since the Matrix gets rebooted.

The circular nature of the previous matrix worlds can have been broken, so they actually truly live in peace together and the Matrix is now something you plug into voluntarily - perhaps to live out a power fantasy, sorta like a video game. And if they used clones for fuel... then the DNA that made up Trinity may still exist and you can have the existential debate regarding cloning - are the clone the same as the original or its own person, with different wants and desires.

Also... the hive mind of the machines can be explored more. Is it beneficial to the AI that they have one central mind controlling everything or do they crave independence and individuality and the fear and anguish that comes with taking control over your own life.

I didn't like the sequels, but I got what they were trying to say. Humans and machines being dependent on each other, but instead of working together they were exploiting and destroying each other. If we go into this with the humans and machines finally working together... there are no real limits to where the franchise can go... but if they just go back to the same old same old, then it will be dead on arrival, as there's no real reason to go back. Only forward.

I'm sorry to say I liked all three of them, and I was absolutely crazy about Neo's coat in part II.
If they make it a good story,then I don't care how many parts will be made.Just make it good,not because you want to earn big bucks

I'm sorry to say I liked all three of them, and I was absolutely crazy about Neo's coat in part II.
If they make it a good story,then I don't care how many parts will be made.Just make it good,not because you want to earn big bucks

I liked all three... Haters gotta hate

There is no spoon.....
The cake is a lie...

I loved the first film and would have been happy if they left it as a stand alone film.
The two sequels did work for me though and it brought a good ending to the trilogy. They did have some flaws and I wish they had done some things differently, but all in all they took the material further along and ended with an interesting note.
I have no idea where they will take the fourth film but I am willing to bet it will not just be a single movie but leave things open ended for at least one sequel.

Nobody asked for this. Just leave it alone.

If the franchise had ended well at the end of 3, I would agree to leave it alone. But since I feel it didn't, I'm up for continuing the story. Kind of like how I didn't really want an Indy 4, but after Crystal Skull was so bad, I almost DO want an Indy 5 to see if the series can once again be ended on a good note.

Last edited:
Recent announcement is that Warner will be releasing all of their 2021 movies on HBO Max concurrent with the theater release, which includes The Matrix 4.

Has anyone heard anything new about this movie? It's less than a year from release and there hasn't been so much as a teaser trailer...

Sean

you know what, I'll allow it.

if it's worth the $8/$10 it costs to see, I'm "pro" whatever this film ends up being; that's the only metric I can ask a film to be judged by any more.

The Matrix was a cultural moment in 1999. The two sequels crapped the bed and everyone moved on.

Going back to it now . . . they are caught between catering to modern kids vs the old fans. The modern kids will need a full reboot (or at least a soft one like 'The Force Awakens') to make sense of it. But that will bore the fans of the originals who came back hoping for more.

The producers will probably try to compromise and end up disappointing both groups.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back