The Martian Space Suit

20151015_161545.png

Even with the one webbing found there's still the matter of the battle belt base and the webbing tape covering it's ends. Marked green and blue in this image. The way they made the 45mm webbing into a smaller width for the molle was to simply fold it like they did to make it fit the smaller buckles.

Some sort of cable sleeve would likely be a good fit for it. Though, I have the feeling they made it themselves, and I have no idea out of what. It almost looks like plastic, but that could well be a coating on the cloth they put on after.

Some sort of cable sleeve would likely be a good fit for it. Though, I have the feeling they made it themselves, and I have no idea out of what. It almost looks like plastic, but that could well be a coating on the cloth they put on after.

Uppon further inspection I'm leaning more towards the cable sleeve but why does it have that sewn seam? Usually they come with velcro.

Excellent. I can't wait to try and print that. It looks awesome. Just trying to figure out what material / color to use on the heat sink part to let light come through like in the movie.

I found the Nike Free Flyknits 4.0 in every size imaginable at my Nike Outlet right now. They're $79.99 plus tax. If anyone is having trouble finding a pair in their size let me know and I can help you out as long as you cover everything.

I found the Nike Free Flyknits 4.0 in every size imaginable at my Nike Outlet right now. They're $79.99 plus tax. If anyone is having trouble finding a pair in their size let me know and I can help you out as long as you cover everything.

That's a very good price!

The 3.0 as seen here pops up on ebay and secondary sellers.

tumblr_nte79n0I1k1uwbmnzo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:
Hello, I'm a newcomer here, so I apologize if I am posting in the wrong place. Has anyone investigated Mark Watney and crew's NASA branded HAB and Hermes clothing? I noticed some cool hoodies, henleys, tee shirts, etc. I figured they are probably perchaseable clothing that Janty just sewed NASA patches to. Anyway, I have had no luck searching but am not very good at hunting--not nearly as talented as I've seen some of the other members here are. Thanks!

Inquiry, would having the collar to Helmet locking mechanism functional be of interest to anyone? Now would be the time before the parts are printed as a single part.

I would definitely be interested in making it functional. I was actually wondering, do you think they printed that part, or was it metal? It looks a lot more like the metal parts on the back of the helmet as I am looking at it now. Optional maybe?

Also, since you have so much experience in the model. Is there room in there to make the gold inner visor functional? Was thinking it might be fun to actually use it. I know they never do in the movie because you have to see his face, but would be more true to the book that way.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back