The Martian Space Suit

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

DarkJedi1500

RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
After a few upgrades and changes to my suit which I'll post later, I took my suit over 2000 miles to Silicon in California to get the Andy Weir seal of approval. He was a super awesome guy to meet in real life and we must have geeked out a good 20 min. The inscription reads, "To Wayne, The Real Martian. -Andy Weir"

20210828_114612.jpg
20210828_120615.jpg

I also ran into Adam Savage while he was doing his incognito walk as Iron Man, so he has now seen the suit in person as well. I couldn't hear him with the fan in my suit going but he seemed impressed when I looked at my go pro video.
FB_IMG_1630604048462.jpg

After a long trip home, the suit is now on a manaquinn ready for display in a cosplay gallery at a more local convention.

20210904_143454.jpg

Don't want to see this ad? Sign up for anRPF Premium Membershiptoday. Support the community. Stop the ads.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.