The Mandalorian (TV series)

Did the librarian from AotC carry a saber?I know she figures into "The Clone Wars" but I haven't seen the whole series.

I don't know if she wore one in the library, but yeah all Jedi would have one. It's like the US Marines. Some are chefs, mechanics, clerical, but they are all rifleman who will kill you.

Last edited:
I don't know if she wore one in the library, but yeah all Jedi would have one. It's like the US Marines. Some are chefs, mechanics, clerical, but they are all rifleman who will kill you.
I remembered someone saying that that Librarian in addition to having her own lightsaber, also had a rifle that was powered by a lightsaber. At the time I wrote it off as being so dumb that it can't be real...It is :lol:... Imagining Cara Dune using one of these is slightly amusing.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    259.8 KB · Views: 85
I like the lightwhip, shut up. It worked. It was laid out all the way back then that it was only quasi-related tech. The filaments basically just act as plasma waveguides. It has more in common with Niven's variable sword than a lightsaber, but it's an effective weapon. The lightsaber rifle is just stupid. A lightsaber is, essentially, a plasma blade. Taking a plasma blade and sending it over distance... is basically just a blaster bolt. I can see this being a specialized armor-piercing prototype or experiment of some kind -- where a grenade-like slug uses a mini plasma blade to cut through armor before detonating... but that's not what we got. Almost there, guys. Back to the drawing board.

I remembered someone saying that that Librarian in addition to having her own lightsaber, also had a rifle that was powered by a lightsaber. At the time I wrote it off as being so dumb that it can't be real...It is :lol:... Imagining Cara Dune using one of these is slightly amusing.

My gun is so cool it shoots swords....

It's the kind of nonsensical idea a five year old comes up with in their backyard. Yes folks some ideas are just plain idiotic.

Seriously... this may be some of the most tragic bullsh*t I've ever seen...

gru2fvzyhp7yjs8by4ep.png

They all had one or some version of one, because it was the base line tool for their ability to go out and effect the world, and a lot of their training and meditation was focused around it's assembly and use. Their badge of office/tai-chi practice tool; at the least. lol.

I want to say there were plenty of jedi that didn't carry them around in the temple, and while doing their regular jobs and such. but they also kind of worked from the "If I need one, there'll be plenty laying around on the ground" mentality.

That was one thing I'd always wondered about in AotC. All past lore had said how it was a rite of passage for a Jedi to make their own saber, even with the idea they weren't really Jedi until they did. You had YOUR saber, & due to the crystal, a special relationship with it.

Then, in the arena, dudes just roll up & toss a couple to Obi Wan & Anakin, so immediately asks... Where did 2 extras come from, why were there a couple extra, how did anyone know that anyone would be needing a saber.

I guess they could be sabers from some Jedi that had fallen in the battle, but it had just started & there aren't any Jedi down near where the scene takes place, or maybe those 2 Jedi just happened to carry 2 sabers like Ahsoka & were willing to give up their extra.

IDK why that always bothered me. Lol

I like the lightwhip, shut up. It worked. It was laid out all the way back then that it was only quasi-related tech. The filaments basically just act as plasma waveguides. It has more in common with Niven's variable sword than a lightsaber, but it's an effective weapon. The lightsaber rifle is just stupid. A lightsaber is, essentially, a plasma blade. Taking a plasma blade and sending it over distance... is basically just a blaster bolt. I can see this being a specialized armor-piercing prototype or experiment of some kind -- where a grenade-like slug uses a mini plasma blade to cut through armor before detonating... but that's not what we got. Almost there, guys. Back to the drawing board.

I liked the lightwhip. It's not like a lightsaber where they would turn it on and the whip appears. The whip cord (whatever its called) is there, but when you turn it on, energy similar to a lightsaber activates down the length of it. I also liked the short lightsaber Luke came up with the fight Lumiya and catch her whip while still having his lightsaber free. Those make sense.

My gun is so cool it shoots swords....

It's the kind of nonsensical idea a five year old comes up with in their backyard. Yes folks some ideas are just plain idiotic.

I'm genuinely surprised this wasn't in the Sequel movies. It's right in line with the brilliant stuff they came up with.

I'd take a lightwhip over Force projection anyday.

Ok, OK!

..sheesh...

I give!

The lightwhip is awesome.

:lol:
I liked the lightwhip. It's not like a lightsaber where they would turn it on and the whip appears. The whip cord (whatever its called) is there, but when you turn it on, energy similar to a lightsaber activates down the length of it. I also liked the short lightsaber Luke came up with the fight Lumiya and catch her whip while still having his lightsaber free.

You know what I find fascinating? People love baby Yoda because he is so cute and lovable, yet hate Ewoks for that very same reason.
The Ewoks are not contextually appropriate, nor are they really that cute, especially now that they blink in the Special Edition. Baby Yoda isn’t shown throwing rocks at people’s heads (people wearing helmets, mind you) and somehow harming them enough to either knock them out or outright kill them. Also, some people genuinely don’t like Baby Yoda or how cute he is. Not to mention, Favreau and team actively fought against merchandising him early as to protect the secret of the character, whereas Ewoks were pretty much exclusively merch bait.

Sorry. I just really, really don’t like the Ewoks. Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher just stop trying as soon as they appear, and once they’re in the movie it takes a while for anything real to start happening again, either in the space fight or with Luke.

I love Ewoks and Grogu. They're both cute and I feel they fit their respective stories. As sarcastic as I can be I do have a heart and I think there's room enough for cute creatures in AGGFFA as much as there is room for cool looking ones. I understand and respect the criticisms for Ewoks but thematically they serve the same purpose Wookies would have though blinking Ewoks creep me out. Wicket was always one of my favorites as a kid and still is. Team Wicket for life!

I’m just not a big fan of the whole idea in the first place, of an Avatar-esque “technologically inferior race beats superior one”. I mean, the Rebels were already at a disadvantage in terms of manpower and firepower. I would have disliked it equally if it were Wookiees or some other alien race. The best thing to come out of having Ewoks in my opinion was Warwick Davis. He’s great.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back