The Mandalorian (TV series)

I think there is a really simple answer to having characters wearing the same outfits for years. It's easier for a general audience to recognize a character if they always wear the same thing. It sounds stupid but it's likely the most obvious answer.
Not stupid at all! It's the Gilligan's Island technique. It's done purposely for that exact reason you said :). It's an actual thing in marketing.

Luke in Vaders clothes...clever
1610832048673.png

which books have props/costumes from Mando?
I seen a art book, but its art, sketches, etc..
But I'm looking for the costumes, props, etc.. like the those star wars visual dictionary books

I actually thought his voice was quite creepy...

Dude has the cheekbones for it, just needs some forehead prosthetics.
I thought it was annoyingly nasal, artificially stilted and slow, and just made me punch a character who came off as "insufferable snob" more than "tactical mega-genius".

And why forehead prosthetics? The brows are there on most of the human characters. It's just part of Rebels' animation style. In all the depictions I've seen, the Chiss are basically Humans with blue skin and red eyes.
To me Thrawn only exists in the Timothy Zahn novels. Transposing him into Rebels and thus changing his place in the time line and new canon just doesn't feel right to me. But to each their own.
He was active pre-ANH, before the Emperor sent him out to the Unknown Regions. But he didn't have the Chimaera (which didn't have the stupid relief hull panels on the belly depicting the ship's namesake) or Pellaeon. It could have been done more faithfully -- and, I think, better -- if he'd been good but didn't have much in the way of a fleet or a big ship of his own... more low-key and easy for adversaries to underestimate... Give him a chance to build his rep with viewers through his actions, setting up for his eventual return later...

I thought it was annoyingly nasal, artificially stilted and slow, and just made me punch a character who came off as "insufferable snob" more than "tactical mega-genius".

And why forehead prosthetics? The brows are there on most of the human characters. It's just part of Rebels' animation style. In all the depictions I've seen, the Chiss are basically Humans with blue skin and red eyes.

He was active pre-ANH, before the Emperor sent him out to the Unknown Regions. But he didn't have the Chimaera (which didn't have the stupid relief hull panels on the belly depicting the ship's namesake) or Pellaeon. It could have been done more faithfully -- and, I think, better -- if he'd been good but didn't have much in the way of a fleet or a big ship of his own... more low-key and easy for adversaries to underestimate... Give him a chance to build his rep with viewers through his actions, setting up for his eventual return later...

I recently watched the final Rebels season and I could swear in one of the last episodes Thrawn tells someone to send a message or order to Captain Pellaeon. So he is canon now. Also though it's not canon, Thrawn was in the TIE Fighter game which was 3-4 years after the Battle of Yavin.

I recently watched the final Rebels season and I could swear in one of the last episodes Thrawn tells someone to send a message or order to Captain Pellaeon. So he is canon now. Also though it's not canon, Thrawn was in the TIE Fighter game which was 3-4 years after the Battle of Yavin.
Oh, I have no problem with Pellaeon or his ship being canon -- just how they handled it. It utterly changes the context and dynamic. Originally, the Chimaera was at the Battle of Endor. The ship was damaged, the Captain was killed, Pellaeon took command and, seeing the Empire was losing, beat a strategic retreat. He kept the ship going for the next several years by insisting on a strict adherence to Imperial regulations. So, when Thrawn returned from the Unknown Regions, it was the best-run ship and so the one he took as his flagship.

I like the whole thing of just another ship and a Captain who's a good man fighting for what he thinks is the right side. The Everyman hero, even as a villain. As it is, the canon ship and man are... wrong, somehow.

Ah, I remember Thrawn from TIE Fighter! Dressed like a Grand Admiral the entire time but only got promoted near the end of the game - he knew he had a big future ahead of him!

"Thus is the fate of enemies of the Empire!"

Last edited:
OK. I think we’ve finally reached “Peak Razorcrest Knob Saturation Levels”.

Good Lord...I mean, did other Jedi make their lightsaber hilts using pieces of their pacifiers or Fisher Price block sets?
So....camera flashes would be a step up?

Or, the prequel jedi who bought theirs at 'The Lightsaber Store'?

If he actually built one around something with a personal connection, it'd be a step up frankly.

Could you imagine him using the shift knob as a weapon in and of itself? Like Yondu does with his whistling arrow he could use the Force to move it like a bullet. Though it would certainly change the symbolism of it being an attachment to Din to a means of death.

"I KEEEL YOU WIF MY TOYSSS!!!!"

Just because most Jedi have lightsabers, does it really mean ALL Jedi have to have them? One of the ideas that I liked from the EU was that not every Jedi was a warrior. Some were healers, some were historians, some were teachers. They had different vocations within the order and it's an idea that not even George considered in the PT. At the least it showed more imagination to give other purposes to the characters rather than making them all uniform. Much the way someone in the armed forces goes through basic training and can fight if necessary, but ultimately not every job within the ranks needs to be on the front lines. It gives more depth to the idea than just having everyone doing the same job.

I would agree with that. I just was going to say we've never seen a jedi on screen that didn't have a saber. Yoda in ESB/ROTJ didn't, but we saw he did in the prequels...

Lightsabers might carried by all Jedi like a badge of office. Not really needed or used but it does identify them as a Jedi. Besides they make great tools, I'd love to have one to trim the hedges.

I like the idea of a Jedi incorporating something personal into their lightsaber, to make it truly theirs.

David.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back