The Mandalorian (TV series)

Yeah Gideon imo there is just nothing there to hold my interest. Very creepy and not in a bad guy way, just creepy way. Especially with Grogu.
If he is supposed be a tactitian how far will he fall off when Thrawn shows up.

Giancarlo his character on The Boys is done well. Just wrong in all facets on the mandalorian though. At least to an OT loyalist, imo.

Get the feeling we will see an all character team up in the last episode of the season.

Mando wants Grogu back, Greef and Cara too. Bo Katan wants the Darksaber. Grogu reached out to someone ( Ezra ) my best guess as we saw the loth cat. Althoug Mace or Cal Kestis would be interesting too. Luke would be amazing but yeah. The big one would be Yaddle. Could you imagine.
I could. Of course seeing Boba Fett alive makes anything possible. So Awesome.

Also I feel like Boba and Fenik will help but she gave a quick look that hints maybe something up.
But if I play that thought out to the end it does not make much sense because if Boba and her just wanted to help to get Grogu for themselves who would pay that bounty as he is already with the evil that wanted him. Plus enjoy finally seeing Boba do something real. Love to find out more about him.

Lastly I must say this to me feels like Star Wars again, story lines connect, most of the characters, even the back gorund ones are interesting. I have the want to know what happens. Where as in the sequels there was absolutely none of that besides wondering what Reys lineage was. So sad.

Lucas messed that one up. Should have made the movies he wanted to finish HIS Story. Not leave to people who had not one clue what to do with the Precious Jewel they were given. Filoni gets it 100%

Wow, I completely disagree about Gideon. To me he comes off as hyper intelligent and calculating. I think he looks cool too, haha. I love Giancarlo Esposito. Gus Fring is one of the best TV villains of all time in my opinion
I completely agree with you about Gus. Giancarlo is a great actor. I'm not knocking him at all. I just feel that, for Moff Gideon, he's miscast. Also, costume design has a lot to do with it. For me anyway.

The in-universe reason for the armor must be entirely psychological, both to intimidate enemies and to de-individuate the troopers and keep them feeling subservient to Imperial ideology, like some kind of cult. There's no plausible physical excuse for it at this point.

Sorta this. The armor acts as a uniform for the reasons you mentioned and a environmental suit, even allowing short exposure to the vacuum of space. It’s also a utility suit and provides communications and tactical info. Pretty useful for armed soldiers on a battlefield even if it has minimal protection.

What bothers me is why they are used as armed guards stationed in hallways, inside garrisons or starships. They are STORMTROOPERS. they are meant to charge in and break stuff! When used in this capacity like boarding the Tantive IV or Exho base on Hoth, they are quite effective.

When you recruit enough guys, they're all expendable. As long as they charge in and the higher up's make it to their objective, stormies dont need to survive once their own objective is complete. There's so many of them who dedicate their time and training for the Empire, but they're all so easily replaced. Making them faceless with the same voice modulator makes it easy to be detached and losing them in battle isnt ever emotional. The troopers see themselves as important, but anyone higher than them knows they're all pawns in the long run. Vader didnt even shrug when he seen the troopers laying on Tantive IV, but the trooper buddy was certainly missing his comrade.

Sitting ducks from TPM still kills me hahahaha
It's never bother me, the most famous ship in movie history is named after another carnivorous bird that eats ducks. Whomp 'rats' are mentioned ANH, and much later Loth cats are seen in CW, I'm sure I'm missing other examples too. It's only logical to me that someone could easily shorten whomp rat to just rat occasionally, or whatever exotic first name of the duck could be shortened to just duck, just as the name Han calling it just the 'Falcon', doesn't bother anybody either.

I haven't been here for a while and I'm SURE it's been discussed, but can someone point me to the part of this conversation addressing that jango's helmet was destroyed on the clone wars?

What I’m saying is I’d be hard pressed to tell you what it does protect against, because it clearly isn’t blaster fire, and it clearly isn’t blunt objects. Any specialized purpose they might have in-universe is non-existent according to what we’ve seen. Sure, I guess they could play the same part that a chest full of medals on a North Korea general does, but that seems a pretty flimsy excuse to outfit your entire military with the stuff.
Stormtrooper armor is vacuum formed ABS. It doesn’t need to hold up against anything as troopers are a dime a dozen!

I haven't been here for a while and I'm SURE it's been discussed, but can someone point me to the part of this conversation addressing that jango's helmet was destroyed on the clone wars?
I actually don’t think it’s been discussed at length here. If you want to get technical he does say the “armor” and not helmet belonged to his father. Jango could have also inherited this armor from Jaster while he wore a different set.

RE: Jango/Boba's armor, it's the suspension of disbelief I guess.

Looking at what is canon now,:
1) In the SW universe, Fett's TESB armor and ROTJ armor are supposed to be the same set/suit. Why Fett would repaint parts of the armor and jetpack... remains a mystery. We know that Jango had at least 2 jetpacks in Attack of the Clones: the fight with Obi-Wan (where he had the ROTJ style paint scheme), and the silver/blue arena model when he fought Mace Windu.

I can account for the gauntlets looking different between TESB and ROTJ in that Fett modified them or swapped out add-on accessories. The base gauntlets are basically the same.

2) Since Fett said the (ROTJ armor) was his father's, we now have a problem in that the armor is clearly different in many respects and does not match up. UNLESS.... Jango had more than one set of armor? I guess I could believe that. However, The Mandalorian episode makes it SEEM as if Boba is saying there is only ONE set of armor.

3) As one who has a ROTJ Fett displayed in my bonus room, I am pleased with how the showrunners have handled Fett's armor. The gauntlets, jet-pack, and knee armor all look right. They even "fixed" the damaged jet-pack with plating! And yes, the Mandalorian Fett helmet is based off a full sized bust and not the actual touring ROTJ helmet... but it's REALLY close, and accurate to the paint scheme from ROTJ (plus all the Sarlac damage).

4) Favreau made sure that Boba is no longer a chump. He is a bad*** hunter who should be able to go toe-to-toe with a Jedi
(How ODD but STRANGELY WONDERFUL would it be if Luke answers Grogu's force voicemail, and runs into Boba... for the second time!)

I hope to all that is holy that;

- Luke does not show up. The Skywalkers should be left well alone now.

- Mace is left dead. I get that death has lost a lot of meaning in the SW universe now, but they've already messed with OT Anakin's actions having any weight, they should avoid doing it to PT Anakin too.

- Ezra doesn't show up to save the day. Though I personally think it's obvious he will turn up eventually, as Filoni can't help himself, but try to weave things into each other for the sake of it.

I watched the recent episode and strangely for me, I felt nothing towards it more than the feeling of being mildly entertained by learning more about Jango/Boba, but nothing more than that.

I've never understood the love of Boba so maybe that has come into play this week. I just couldn't get myself to care about the Sentinels... I mean Darktroopers ;), or Grogu being kidnapped. May just have been a bad week for me. Hopefully next episode draws me in like the others have done.

Attachments

• 1607221655252.jpg
    1607221655252.jpg
    905.7 KB · Views: 109
I don't know if this was brought up and I missed it in the conversation, but how did Boba jet pack magically have the Return of the Jedi Missile in the back when it had the stubby one in the previous episode? Did Mando happen to have one on the Crest?

I don't know if this was brought up and I missed it in the conversation, but how did Boba jet pack magically have the Return of the Jedi Missile in the back when it had the stubby one in the previous episode? Did Mando happen to have one on the Crest?
The stubby missile was fired by Cobb against the Krayt dragon. Maybe there were spare ones Mando had or that Cobb gave him that we don't see

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back