The Mandalorian: DarkSaber reference thread

Actually, the more I look at this, the more I'm beginning to see a styrene flat pack build. I will need the specs and dimensions, but I know a flat pack build would be pretty simple as long as I can lock down the proper design and specs.

A flat pack would also be much more structurally sound and stronger than any plastic 3D print and more durable than a resin build.

Edit.
This is a static version I have in mind however, I'm sure a flat pack can also be engineered to accept electronics and a blade.

Last edited:
Doesn’t loom like that hex screw on the black series one is in quite the same place in the screenshots...

if you notice Esquito is using a Ahsoka saber painted black... wonder if this was a fill in because of all the broken darksabers?

View attachment 1382196
Given the shape of the blade and the narrow emitter, it’s certainly not surprising.

Have we seen a modern FX saber with a thin neck in a duel? Seems like a tough engineering problem.

I know its not the Darksaber but there's a quick shot in the Season 2 Gallery of what seems to be Ahsoka's stunt sabers. Not sure about that as they don't seem incredibly sturdy. Could possibly be metal but looks like white nylon or resin. Looks like a a 3-D printed housing with a custom circuit board with some kind of collet that holds the blade. I'm thinking the bladed Darksaber might have a similar interior with the electronics.

-F

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.44.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-12-26 at 5.44.10 PM.png
    3.7 MB · Views: 266
I know its not the Darksaber but there's a quick shot in the Season 2 Gallery of what seems to be Ahsoka's stunt sabers. Not sure about that as they don't seem incredibly sturdy. Could possibly be metal but looks like white nylon or resin. Looks like a a 3-D printed housing with a custom circuit board with some kind of collet that holds the blade. I'm thinking the bladed Darksaber might have a similar interior with the electronics.

-F

So i hope this isnt a dumb post, but I dont recall seeing this Thingiverse file noted. It looks pretty accurate to the BS one to my eyes....

Also, I guess missed the Amazon pre-oreder for fx black series darksabre.... BBTS still has pre-order up if anyone is still on the hunt.

So i hope this isnt a dumb post, but I dont recall seeing this Thingiverse file noted. It looks pretty accurate to the BS one to my eyes....

Also, I guess missed the Amazon pre-oreder for fx black series darksabre.... BBTS still has pre-order up if anyone is still on the hunt.

It’s not bringing me to the saber ?

If still not able to find or link broken, it is "thing:4694307" and you should be able to search by number. The pattern on the guard looks to be incorrect from what I have seen and the emitter area looks a bit thick and a little too rounded from what I can see. Also looking back a few pages in this thread, there was discussion about their being two screws on the side of the emitter, not just the one that is in that model and the recently released sabers.

Yeah... I think this happened before

How I beat it was, at the end of the url the is a / with a bunch of numbers

Just share those numbers, edit copy paste those numbers in the search bar and it will bring it right to you

This link glitch happened a long time ago.. still can’t believe they didn’t fix it

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back