The Mandalorian: Ahsoka lightsabers (Season 2 Gallery Spoilers)

Halliwax

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
dalorian-character-poster-ahsoka-tano-5w8y3v1a6t9p.jpg

So teecrooz and I have been dissectng these things since they first appeared. I was obsessed with them being KRs from back in the day, until Teecrooz pointed out some section that dont jive. with the release of the Mandalorain Season 2 Gallery, we now have gotten even MORE reference!! Including it being apart and worked on inside!!

ah13.png

the-mandalorian-character-poster-ahsoka-tano-5w8y3v1a6t9p copy.jpg

In the documentary we learn that they experimented with the engineering of them because they were having a hard time fitting batteries inside the thin hilts.. Multiple were made apparently but they decided to use external batteries to keep the hilts thin. Which i love by the way because talk about nostalgic! brings me back to the ANH days with the motorized stunts!

Anyway, with this new knowledge, i wanted to post some screen caps here of the insides, if anyone has the KR version, or Vaders vault can you confirm the insides do not match what we see in the pictures below?

Ah3.png

Ah3 copy.png
Ah2.png

Ah2 copy.png
ah11.png

this last photo is very intriguing... kind of looks like it was 3d printed from the towers inside, i swear i see print lines.. but was really confuses me is where the screw screws in, looks like aluminum thread to me?!
ah11 copy.png

You can also see the blade holder in the above picture real well. I was just curious if any of these internals look familiar to anyone? im pretty convinced these were made from scratch from production since filoni goes into detail on how many variations they used because of the bulky battery they were using.. but curious as to what others think

Can confirm that the KR version does not come apart like that, but as for the VV I couldn't explicity say they don't but am pretty sure they don't. Definitely not Darth Alice's version either.

Nice thread! Are those the galaxy's edge versions on the pic before the last one where there's 2 sets? They look bigger and bulkier.

Can confirm that the KR version does not come apart like that, but as for the VV I couldn't explicity say they don't but am pretty sure they don't. Definitely not Darth Alice's version either.

I didn’t know darth Alice made a version. Any idea where I can go to try hunting for pictures?

I can 100% confirm these are not DA hilts either. His was the first sets made, long before VV and Kr. He is planning a new run of them to better match the Mando version.
I didn’t know darth Alice made a version. Any idea where I can go to try hunting for pictures?

I can 100% confirm these are not DA hilts either. His was the first sets made, long before VV and Kr. He is planning a new run of them to better match the Mando version.

Where can I learn more about these? I thought KR was the first to do these

I'm torn. I really liked the animated versions of her sabers. I like these as well but I think I favor the originals

I got that new lightsaber book, (which is poop compared to mine) and the renders they have of these lightsabers look pretty slick. I wonder if those were the basis for their design. I agree though, totally production made. Khal’s are the only ones that may have been available during preproduction, but they clearly had such specific needs it just makes sense they would be made internally.

i saw that awhile ago, he's very talented with foam
Appreciate his talent. He's got a Mando blaster that's better than the print I bought. Lol

You think his hilts look accurate? They looked pretty close to me, but i wanted a more educated set of eyes.

Just saw this doc an hour ago - very freaking cool.

How do external batteries work without wires? like literally, how does the current flow over a signal?

I just made a set of these for my brother for Christmas before this reference was available! Typical for it to come just a little too late! Posted them in another thread but heres a pic of mine

Attachments

• 740EB725-C988-405C-B347-39ADD4A6B96C.jpeg
    740EB725-C988-405C-B347-39ADD4A6B96C.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 392
  • F9978F29-7E31-44A4-855D-B2E561D61B60.jpeg
    F9978F29-7E31-44A4-855D-B2E561D61B60.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 387

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back