The Mamoth Potter project

Speaking about trunks again almost finished my third trunk.
8311318338_3ed9bca1bb.jpg

@ KevinBGood... Do you make those to sell? if so i would be very interested, i do not have the time to make one right now between school and work, but my Girlfeind would LOVE one.

i'm still looking for some trunk too. I found some on ebay but couldn't found one that i desire, and could you guys help me on how to refurbished it to look like in the film pls. Thanks, and could i ask PhoenixWand where do you buy your trunk from?

Thanks,
Erik

Look for "banded steamer trunk" on ebay. There are generally more to choose from on the UK site www.ebay.co.uk than in the US, and they are generally cheaper. But you might have to pay shipping.

To get rid of the bad smell inside, you will need to spray the old paper lining with a combination of water & vinegar. Let it set 5 minutes and then scrape with a paint scraper. This is the hardest part of restoring the trunk. I then used lemon furniture oil on the inside, let it set for a couple of days, and oiled again.

I used saddle soap on the outside since mine was leather.

And how would you make the banded and your lock shiny and do you painted the banded again or what did you do? What about the leather handle, what did you do with it?

Hey guys! What size/measurements would you say are closest to Harry's trunk or the trunks used in the film's? I recently bought a steamer trunk for this project and was wondering if it wasn't too large? I also found these photos for reference;

anywhere.jpgharry-potter-and-the-prisoner-of-azkaban-90.pngharry-potter-and-the-prisoner-of-azkaban-91.png

This is my trunk! I still have to add the decal to it and paint the initials etc :

mytrunk.JPG

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back