The Mamoth Potter project

Love this project, such dedication!

I've finally got round to putting my Hogwarts crest onto my Steamer trunk coffee table,

092cc04c.jpg

bedbc45d.jpg

b4f4c110.jpg

My wife says we have to put a fruit bowl over the crest when people come round. Typical!

oliversnape- I' not sure what mine is called, but here's a pic:
Interior
tumblr_m4eon5Yjxi1rpyzboo1_500.png

Exterior
tumblr_m4eowkxzPy1rpyzboo1_500.png

Pete SSS- I had that idea; that if I ever fell out of love with Harry Potter (Rowling forbid it) i could turn my trunk into a coffee table

P.S. good luck with your beaters bat!:)

Your trunk looks fantastic! I just found one on ebay, so hopefully when it arrives it looks just as good. It has the two runner-strap things in the middle, but not at the edges. I may try to recreate them, or might just leave them. I'm excited to get it!

Here's the beater's bat I made. It definitely still looks like a baseball bat shape, and doesn't have the oval stripes, but I'm quite happy with it. I wanted to make a Ballycastle Bats (my team) one, so I've told myself that the professional ones are a bit different from the used school ones. ;)

yeah, just scraped enough together after buying all my other potter things!
on a side note, i think im nearly finished, ive put together most of my books and bought all my clothes and most of my little toys

yeah, just scraped enough together after buying all my other potter things!
on a side note, i think im nearly finished, ive put together most of my books and bought all my clothes and most of my little toys

Did you receive your dress robes? Where did you get them from?

Also, my trunk came in on Tuesday and it looks brilliant. Little bit of cleaning up, and then I'm on my way with my own project. Let's see some pics of yours filled up! :)

Wow I really love all the thinks you are making, I want to make some stuff too :) I dont really want to spend much, so I want to make everything :p

Here's my trunk. It doesn't have the two end bands, but that's okay. I rather like the used look. The paper roll on the bottom is what I'm replacing the liner paper with, because frankly, the inside was rather 'vintage' smelling. To put it nicely.

@oliversnape haha, mine was to, but then it smelled like glue, and now it's fine. That's a really cool trunk and i like just the plain lining.

Seeker 1

Hey Phoenix, hope you don't mind if we turn this to a general trunk thread? That way we're not cluttering up the props forum and we can all pool ideas. Hope that's all right.

Here's my potions kit that I finished up last night, for a cost of around $20. Not too bad. I'm still not sure on the inside of the lid - the ladles look a bit slapdash, but I really like how the boomslang skin (tiny container in the last pic) came out.

Last edited:
I have a idea for you:
ART TIME How to make an ancient scroll - YouTube -- how to make a scroll
do you have the gryff scarf? From year 1 + 2 and 3 + up
Amazon.com: Hogwart's Knit Hat Scarf: Toys & Games and Amazon.com: Gryffindor Scarf: Toys & Games The only thing whats differant with noblecolletion and amazon is the gryffindor sign. Its very easy to take it off. Maby there is some more for you on amazon. :)
EDITT **: In the first film they have a hat:
http://www.amazon.com/Small-Hogwarts-Unisized-Student-Hat/dp/B000H8KSYI/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1340049911&sr=8-6&keywords=harry+potter+hat
Or you can make it yourself: http://www.instructables.com/id/Half-Hour-Harry-Hat/?ALLSTEPS
I dont think the Hogwarts logo was there in the films.

Last edited:
Here are some pictures of a trunk me and my dad made
Its made out of MDF and the metal frame is aluminium and the crest is paper stuck down with an spray on adhesive

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back