The Mamoth Potter project

Awesome project! I'm working on something like this, a less complicated version maybe. My idea is to fill a trunk as if I studied at Hogwarts. So no Harry's trunk, but a personalized trunk.

I still need lots of books and other props. Also the hogwarts logo on the trunk needs to be done, still thinking about what would be the best way to do that.
As you can see I also have the acceptance letter (personalized) and a diploma.

Good luck with this huge project! I already love it!

next item of clothing, Harry's track jacket from the start of GoF if anyone has screen shots, promos were he is wearing it, or any leads on where to find the same jacket it would be much apprectiated

I reckon it depends on whenyou want it based... like, after sixth year, or maybeduring sixth year would work, as he has everything from all the books pretty much, but in the beginning of the seventh one he ditches most of his stuff... that way you have everything from past books :) Just my thoughts, sorry if none of that made sense :p

no, no I get it and I agree, now the next question to tack le before we really get sunk into it; do we follow the books or the movies

If we follow the books I think we ought to add stuff like:

brass telescopes
scales
potion ingredients
and we have to change all his bulgarian Quidditch memorabilia to Ireland

personally I think I should follow the movies otherwise it will start to get to costly and I doubt I'll be able to fit it in my trunk
but I'm open to suggestions

I just put in my order for these

http://www.universalorlando.com/Mer.../Toys/Authentic_Sneakoscope_Reproduction.html

http://www.universalorlando.com/Merchandise/Gift/Harry_Potter/Toys/Replica_Omnioculars.html

http://www.universalorlando.com/Mer...r/Clothing/Harry_Potter_Triwizard_Jersey.html

Last edited:
Practice your sculpting, for sure. Get some polymer clay(Fimo, Sculpey, etc), and you will be able to make the little things. Those are what really make the outfits! For books, look up what has been done on Instructables.com, and for the Quiddich outfits and dress robes, you will need some sewing skills. there are a fair amount of patterns out there that can be changed around to get what you need. I took a Sherlock Holmes pattern, and have used it as the basis for both V and Snape!

I think most of the small items are already for sale, and my sculpting is atrocious. I've also been searching around some book threads and I'm currently considering geting a Chudley cannons book, the rest I think I'll just use free paper props, that'll cover the stuff that harry's owned. Now I reckon I could pull off a half-decent Quidditch outfit and maybe even a set of dress robes but I'd much rather have some else do them, they'd do a better job!

okay what do you people think of this, I know I said i'd stick to Gof-DH P2 but I thought this looked really cool

album7.jpg
\

album9.jpg

That's really cool :) And it's actually true to the book/movie cause he keeps it his whole school life, so doesn't matter when you were going for. I'm so jealous of that, where did you get it?? :p

Oh, Littuus. I wish she still made stuff. She varies on how accurate she is (a lot of her stuff was made before all the Blu-ray grabs and prop exhibits). But, everything she makes is high-quality. I still have her chocolate frog box, it's great.

Hmm, that could be hard... if you found a good fabric you could make one, which might be better because I know that the ones on WB shop can be reaaaally expensive, just have a look and make sure I'm thinking of the right thing. I'm pretty sure it's at least a hundred dollars, if not two. If it's not on WB shop, check noblecollection.com... I think that the website :)

Right, sorry, just realised you already mentioned the one on WB shop... I think you would have to look at some reviews to figure out how accurate it is, I personally don't have one, unfortunately *sigh*... but yeah, the fabric thing is all I can come up with :)

I went to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter last month. They had a lot of good looking props, I wonder if they can be purchased online and modified?
I picked up a Snape wand myself.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back