The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Does anyone happen to know what brand of Rifle sling Joel is using? There are a few shots that have some kind of logo on it, but a lot of the logos on other pieces clothing they have taken off or modified so it could be something that was added by the prop/wardrobe department
9EE6CBEB-302D-48A9-A127-CCF5BADB5F9D.jpeg

Attachments

• 9512D90C-01BC-4CBE-A6AE-4B78BA153909.jpeg
    9512D90C-01BC-4CBE-A6AE-4B78BA153909.jpeg
    176.8 KB · Views: 93
  • 36EDBBD7-5A98-4ADD-AFBE-95B203B64203.jpeg
    36EDBBD7-5A98-4ADD-AFBE-95B203B64203.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 70
  • E9FD2930-E701-4E8C-91B2-AE5D7DF2E3FF.jpeg
    E9FD2930-E701-4E8C-91B2-AE5D7DF2E3FF.jpeg
    538.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 4E1B5ACB-FF66-4E6C-BE13-80CB0832B1DD.jpeg
    4E1B5ACB-FF66-4E6C-BE13-80CB0832B1DD.jpeg
    119.6 KB · Views: 112
Does anyone happen to know what brand of Rifle sling Joel is using? There are a few shots that have some kind of logo on it, but a lot of the logos on other pieces clothing they have taken off or modified so it could be something that was added by the prop/wardrobe department View attachment 1682958
I’m also curious about his scope. I did a few image searches from a perfect screenshot of the scope, and couldn’t find anything.

Are you going to dye it? Let me know how it goes!

I'm going to see what dyes I can work with, and experiment. Sucks that after each dying session, it's going to look super dark at first because it's wet, and you wont know what you get til it's dry lol.
I don't plan to dye mine, no. To my eyes, the color matches what's seen on screen pretty closely. You always have to take different light filters from filming into account and the still photos I've seen of the shirt from set don't seem to me like it was dyed darker. What we see on screen is sometimes a lot different than real life.

I may weather it using a combination of multiple washes, sandpaper and possibly some tea-staining around certain areas. That mostly all I plan to do with it.

Here is a shot of the scope I got from the Kin episode. Best profile you’re going to get. If anyone can identify.

The rifle is a Remington 700 BDL 22" 4RD .308WIN Bolt Action Rifle.
2E40F70B-16DC-4E0B-B2F7-0AE57197E285.jpeg

Does anyone happen to know what brand of Rifle sling Joel is using? There are a few shots that have some kind of logo on it, but a lot of the logos on other pieces clothing they have taken off or modified so it could be something that was added by the prop/wardrobe department View attachment 1682958
Looks to me like it's Levy's brand to me. I recognize that logo from several guitar straps I own. I checked it out and it looks pretty close online.

The issue is that I think they added the other stitched light brown part to the stock sling. Just like they switched out the pockets on the Fjallraven shirt. Perhaps they found an old used sling that had this adornment, but it's probably more likely they modified it.

Looks to me like it's Levy's brand to me. I recognize that logo from several guitar straps I own. I checked it out and it looks pretty close online.

The issue is that I think they added the other stitched light brown part to the stock sling. Just like they switched out the pockets on the Fjallraven shirt. Perhaps they found an old used sling that had this adornment, but it's probably more likely they modified it.
I'm pretty sure this is the style sling used. Cobra, I believe they call it.

joel_kit.jpg

Just got my Dark Wash 505's from a friend who kindly sent them to me from the US, and with that I sort of collected all the items I was going for. I will probably add the boots in the long run though, because they do look really nice and my current pair of aging hiking boots need a replacement.

Seeing the jeans in person, I wonder if they're any different from the "Sunset Down" variant that Levi's sells in Europe or if it's just a name change. They are lighter than they seem in the pic and feel real close to that true color photograph Pedro Pascal posted on Instagram where he's standing with Bella Ramsey.

The jacket is obviously the best piece out of all. You know you've purchased something worth the money you spent the minute you hold it in your hands. It's a beautiful design and feels like it'd withstand a nuclear blast. I bet the more you use it, the better it'll look. And it goes particularly well over the Fjallraven shirt.

As for the River Island shirt, not much to add other than it'd need to be dyed to match the show look. It's super comfortable and looks fine to me other than the darkened areas over the pockets. Like I've said before I'm not looking to cosplay, so I'm not gonna age these things or modify the Fjallraven shirt, however I do like the color of the River Island shirt in the show better than the retail original, so if anyone figures out the best way to go about customizing that one I'd be interested to hear.

Attachments

• 3C64B276-567B-4B09-B575-7C22766DF29A.jpeg
    3C64B276-567B-4B09-B575-7C22766DF29A.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 86
  • C524C7A4-661F-43EF-9FA3-618FC9728B66.jpeg
    C524C7A4-661F-43EF-9FA3-618FC9728B66.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • 9AA8E128-BABC-4CE8-94AD-65D136B730D2.jpeg
    9AA8E128-BABC-4CE8-94AD-65D136B730D2.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 78
  • CDE70B75-F06A-4FF2-8480-3564C8E7104A.jpeg
    CDE70B75-F06A-4FF2-8480-3564C8E7104A.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 91
  • BFED161D-2EF2-48F8-AB4E-AB7D4BF955ED.jpeg
    BFED161D-2EF2-48F8-AB4E-AB7D4BF955ED.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 95
Did anyone find more details about the watch? Those dial hands are impossible to find. It's a very distinct sword style, with a subtle track for the lume. I can't find that anywhere. They definitely dipped the ends in additional lume to give them that "Pilot watch" style hands.

For some context, I've looked at all of the following watch companies current watch catalogs:
-Shinola
-Seiko
-Hamilton
-Skagen

Still looking through though. I'll keep yall posted.

Last edited:
So “No Pun Intended Volume Too” came today. And all I can say is, wow.

Pick up yourself a copy! This is amazing!

This looks awesome! - Currently have mine in transit from the same seller, so should have it in hand shortly too

Have you found hands yet that match?
No I haven’t I’ve been still looking I just know what size hands will fit is the thing because I will be installing them myself, I will be posting soon some pictures of my watch with a somewhat completed face soon. Along with a method of how I wanted to make it looked cracked but didn’t work to well

No I haven’t I’ve been still looking I just know what size hands will fit is the thing because I will be installing them myself, I will be posting soon some pictures of my watch with a somewhat completed face soon. Along with a method of how I wanted to make it looked cracked but didn’t work to well
I wonder if someone can create a sticker overlay that has the graphic of the cracked glass. That way, people will have an untouched crystal glass, and the look of the Joel watch. If someone would be willing to make it, I think it would sell once we put together a list of all the buyable parts etc.

I wonder if someone can create a sticker overlay that has the graphic of the cracked glass. That way, people will have an untouched crystal glass, and the look of the Joel watch. If someone would be willing to make it, I think it would sell once we put together a list of all the buyable parts etc.
That’s actually what I did! The problem was it didn’t show up really well because of the color so I will have mess around with it but I will be posting some pictures of the test cracked stickers I made

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back