The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

I've only built automatics. Can quartz/battery be hacked as in dials and hands swapped?
I’m guessing…yes(?).

I recently had a Kennth Cole Rick Grimes watch (movement, dial, and hands) completely transferred into a different case.

But honestly, I have zero experience with watch mods so I’m kinda peeing in the wind with this. Haha.

49A19F19-3F03-40B1-A58E-84E089C574EF.jpeg

working on mine. not sure how much (if any) weathering i am gonna do

Last edited:
I’m guessing…yes(?).

I recently had a Kennth Cole Rick Grimes watch (movement, dial, and hands) completely transferred into a different case.

But honestly, I have zero experience with watch mods so I’m kinda peeing in the wind with this. Haha.

I think a case swap would definitely work on a battery operated watch but I don't think you can swap dials, hands and have it still function. I could be wrong but thats what I was always told and technology is always advancing. Watch hands and obviously dials come in a wide variety of sizes too. But if its just a non functioning prop, then the sky in the limit on modifications.

I've been looking for a watch case for an automatic (bigger movement) so I can build an accurate functioning prop. The more I see the watch the more I like it.

Having a look, Timex make a 40mm Subsecond with the same weekender case: TW2V71400VQ

Might be a good starting point for modification if you wanted a functioning prop:
TW2V71400.jpg

TW2V71400_W.jpg

I think I found a set of hands that seems to be very close to the ones used for Joel’s watch and just need to be painted, but I’m just concerned that they won’t fit on to the Timex Watch
56F91893-BED5-48A1-B7F9-A89EB06528DD.png

Attachments

• A8837CDA-0B99-4CE8-B91E-DB2E96069E97.jpeg
    A8837CDA-0B99-4CE8-B91E-DB2E96069E97.jpeg
    287.3 KB · Views: 56
Working with them now, I'll link as soon as it's solid.
Lol, that's true - Completely overlooked that detail. Just looking at that scene again and it doesn't look like the hand moves at all, so likely just a custom primary dial with a printed sub-second dial with the hand affixed for effect.

River Island shirt came in! Definitely needs some weathering. Nice quality shirt though!

I’m going to look at some dying options at Joann’s here in LA, and I’ll keep you guys posted with the results.

As for fit, it feels right. I wear a large, so it’s not super big, and not tight either. Might just be an inch tooo long, but that’s always fixable.

Last edited:
River Island shirt came in! Definitely needs some weathering. Nice quality shirt though!

I’m going to look at some dying options at Joann’s here in LA, and I’ll keep you guys posted with the results.

As for fit, it feels right. I wear a large, so it’s not super big, and not tight either. Might just be an inch tooo long, but that’s always fixable.

Check it out guys:
I got mine today too! Really heavy and soft material. Almost like a thin jacket. I really like the shirt. Very nice quality and construction.

I got mine today too! Really heavy and soft material. Almost like a thin jacket. I really like the shirt. Very nice quality and construction.
Are you going to dye it? Let me know how it goes!

I'm going to see what dyes I can work with, and experiment. Sucks that after each dying session, it's going to look super dark at first because it's wet, and you wont know what you get til it's dry lol.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back