The Last of Us HBO Joel Thread

Found on Reddit. Looks to be from the costume fitting, so wondering what else is out there. Gives us a good look of the denim shirt before it was weathered and roughed up:
synm870sbhna1.jpg

Found on Reddit. Looks to be from the costume fitting, so wondering what else is out there. Gives us a good look of the denim shirt before it was weathered and roughed up:View attachment 1679066
I wonder if that's a the wrangler shirt just a in a different wash? Just looking at the stitching color as his lines up more with the lighter wash one. I feel like the contrasting stitching would be pretty visable. I'll throw down a few pictures for comparison.

Edit: added photos

CC1B&ig_cache_key=MzA1NDkxNjY5MTc0MjQwNDM3NA%3D%3D.jpg
1678709975868.png

image.png

DF32&ig_cache_key=MzA1NDkxNjY1MTQ4NTQwOTQzNg%3D%3D.jpg

I’m wondering if they just bought what they could, colour closeness wise and then did their breakdown magic on them all. Might have been tricky to get the #s they needed in same shade but could get pretty close after breakdown.

Just got my River Island shirt and Huckberry jacket. One thing I suppose I can say at this point is that Joel wears comfortable clothes that fit nicely.

The River Island shirt is on the longish side, but that's just the design. They definitely shortened the Fjallraven, but I can't quite tell with this one. It does look like in the store pics, the color is not as uniform as in the show after whatever they did with it. But it looks good to me.

I was gonna skip this one at first but in the end I went for it since it was so easy to find. Now I'm just missing the jeans, which I was going to skip too and are quite a headache to get in Europe, but I like their color too much. I'll have to think about the boots.

Last edited:
This guy on Etsy makes the book in two additions, Pre-Pandemic, and Post Pandemic. Check 'em out - it looks amazing!:

I'm in the queue for the Post Pandemic Edition, so I'll post some pics once it arrives

Looks great! Is it full of puns or just a few pages?

I just printed it out on sticker paper and attached it to an already existing joke book I found on amazon that looked to be about the right size. it even has some of the exact same puns from the game and show in it: No Pun Intended: Emmett, Thomas: 9798639920554: Amazon.com: Books

Don’t suppose you guys know the dye mixture ratio for the River Island shirt? Like 1 bottle of Rit Dye black and a blue? lol no idea, but if someone is able to inquire, before I put this thing in the dunk tank.

That photo is a great reference though! Weird that it looks more blue.

Is it properly white balanced?

Has anyone figured out what color way Joel's Levis 505 are?
That is going to be really hard to figure out with all the breakdown they've done on them. Best bet is to find one close enough colour wise. They are like a faded dark indigo. Only way to really know exactly is see the inside tag of the jeans.

Don't suppose anyone has contacts within the costume department to inquire on generally the dye combinations for the River Island shirt.

I know I’m beating a dead horse ha. But you only get one chance with dye lol.

UPDATE: Looks like the costume breakdown artist is Sage Lovett. Perhaps she might know the exact details.

Last edited:
Has anyone figured out what color way Joel's Levis 505 are?
That is going to be really hard to figure out with all the breakdown they've done on them. Best bet is to find one close enough colour wise. They are like a faded dark indigo. Only way to really know exactly is see the inside tag of the jeans.

From those last two pictures, they look lighter around the shin area, so they most likely used to be very different before the costume department treated them. There are like five thousand variations of Levi's 505, so unless the costume designer specifically says which was the original and what they did to it, it's just a matter of personal taste.

Since I'm not looking to cosplay and I just like the clothes, personally I'm getting the stuff that looks nice to my eye, but I'd also be curious to know exactly what they used and what the process was like.

Nice, another one for the collection, lol

Ended up grabbing a Shinola Runwell 41mm which has the same case type (Though has a blue face), and the Seiko is my go to workhorse that would get the wrist treatment IRL:View attachment 1678944
Wanted to share my find. User stopmo in a separate thread about the watch recommend the Timex Weekender. I rolled with that, dug for hours through NATO straps, I feel semi-confident in my result. Only problem is I can't find the right hands.

Attachments

• IMG_20230301_130634.jpg
    IMG_20230301_130634.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
  • IMG_20230301_112019_1.jpg
    IMG_20230301_112019_1.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG_20230301_130533.jpg
    IMG_20230301_130533.jpg
    838.4 KB · Views: 170

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back